Dr. Mike Umerah MD Patient Reviews

3.0
  • 21 reviews

February 6th, 2017
Posted reviews
There is a post dated Nov 2016 regarding Dr. Umerah and his prescribing an outrageous amount of medication to include fentanyl with Percocet and XanaX. I personally know this is a lie because he will not prescribe XanaX at all., to anyone. I have been a patient since 2008 and though there are some long waits, overall my experience has been nothing but positive. pleasant. He is professional, learned and kind and once getting to know him you will find no better pain doctor. It disgusts me that people post blatant lies about Dr. Umerah. SEE HIM AND MAKE YOUR OWN JUDGEMENTS.

November 16th, 2016
Some question his knowledge but remember it would be nearly impossible to breeze through both medical school AND a specialist training. He is trained as an internal Med doc first then even more school so he had to know his stuff. Over all he cares for his patients and yes there are long wait times because it's a difficult if not the most difficult patient population to treat. You won't leave here in pain, if you go to another pain clinic you will wait just as long and have the pain covered up with meds and epidural procedures since they reimburse the most money.

November 5th, 2016
Patient experience
I have been seeing him for 14 months & he has saved my life & treated my addiction. That said his license has now been suspended & I got no call to let me know this was happening so that I could find a new doctor before running out of my meds. I loved Dr Umerah before this. He seemed to do everything by the book, he Drug tested me as well he should the nurses counted my meds. I imagine this is happening due to the over prescribing of pain meds to his pain clinic patients., personally I know one of them who was being prescribed 120 fentynal patches 90 Percocets & Xanax. She would run out of those in a matter of weeks & then go purchase more on the street! It's people like this who have now left those of us who were seeing him for the right reasons high & dry! He was through & always took his time with every patient & even though the wait was long because we were all treated equally. I'm very upset to be losing him as my doctor.

November 5th, 2016
. Pleasing personality...too much medication

November 2nd, 2016
Current Patient
Best Doctor EVER!!!!

November 1st, 2016
Very professional and personal. Have been seeing dr umerah for 6 years and have never had and issues. He genuinely cares about his patients

December 20th, 2015
A Review of the Hippocratic Oath
While I have never personally met this man, what I have heard from my father (who is a new pain patient of his) worries me greatly. My father has a very long history of pain medication, as well as others, due to incredibly unfortunate circumstances in his life. He has NEVER abused these drugs, ad he needs them to LIVE. I am aware of the stigma associated with many pain "patients" and the possibility that these drugs might be abused or misused. However, with all of the references and good history that my father has.l, it seems as though that Dr. Umerah doesn't want to give him the time of day, and has been very condescending with his bravado-esque demeanor. It has harmed the psyche of my father through sheer worrying because of this approach, almost as much as the pain medications he NEEDS to survive has taken their inevitable toll on his body. I was always told that a physicians first and foremost duty was the well-bring of the patient, regardless of any biases or other predispositions. I fear that Dr. Umerah may have forgotten this somewhere along the way, and I worry for my father's future because of it. He's been nothing but courteous towards the doctor, and has been met with nothing but apparent disdain and apathy, and it disgusts me.

March 12th, 2015
Good doctor
I don't know why everyone is complaining. I've seen Dr Umerah for years and have never had an issue. As far as sexual harassment, it's obvious the same person wrote those 2 reviews. As a woman he has never been anything but appropriate. He will joke about other patients but only if it's something funny or outrageous and he never says the names. It does take forever to get in and I do think he over books but no ones perfect. I would recommend him and I have.

December 4th, 2014
Beware of this Dr
The worst Dr I have ever had to deal with. Unless you have had the misfortune to meet him you would never believe how bad he actually is! Yes he does tell you about his other patients. Yes he does hug the women he is attracted yo and YES he will whisper in their ear "you know what I want". I cant believe they have not taken away his license!

August 14th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Umerah spent an ample amount of time in the room discussing my history and addressing each and ever pain I had. He made sense of a two year problem in 5 minites that my urologist never could explain. He's come up with a promising treatment plan and I am very happy so far.

September 15th, 2012
would not recommend!!! worst dr ever!
I was a patient of his for over three yrs he cares nothing for his patients is very rude and is down right awful bed side manner and he makes you feel as if your below him if on medicaid and makes you afraid to ask fof help and from what I have seen cares nothing about dr patient confidentality he does tell his stories about other patients and laughs at them. I have been in pm for over ten yrs and have NEVER been treated so bad! Iam in pain NOT a drug addict! I just wanted to be pain free not get treated bad. So if you think your seeing a regular caring doctor nope! He also makes you wait for hours after driving for hrs to get there do you how it feels to be in psin constantly andvthen have to drive to sre some uncaring non helpful doctor it sucks. So iam glad I no llonger have to stress about seeing hom. You never know what he's gonna say or do. Even called me fat when I had other problems. Stay away!!! doctor to not be a doctor!

June 16th, 2012
Worth the wait....
During my monthly visits with Dr Umerah I do tend to wait longer to see him then the average doctor but the quality of care is worth it he's always trying something new and doesn't just treat you like a piece of paper. The reason for the wait is because of the amount of one on one time he takes with his patients he truly wants to know how you're doing and if what he is doing working to get your pain under control. The people that have problems with him are the addicts that want to stop in get medicine and leave, he does not like that and if you aren't doing anything to help yourself then he wont either. I have nothing bad to say about him he is a wonderful doctor!