Dr. Mikhail Artamonov MD Patient Reviews

• Hospice and Palliative Medicine East Stroudsburg, PA

May 25th, 2016
Recent time have been suffering from numbness in my hands a lot! Went to my doctor, he just looked at me and said it is a Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (nerve pinch in a wrist).. without any other examinations he said i must do a surgery, where they cut my wrist and move the nerve... i had a concern right away, i'm not easy to let someone cut my hand! I found doctor Artamonov online, and decided to visit his office for a second opinion.. Dr. A (this is how he asked me to call him, as nobody can pronounce his name correclty).. he examined me, and offered to undergo a nerve test with one of hist technicians, the test showed up that i do really have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, then Dr A said that he doesn't offer hand surgery, instead he does an easy procedure, that he had ordered for a next day! He showed me my "jammed" nerve under ultrasound, and went into my wrist with a VERY small needle (i didn't even feel it), i was looking on the screen of his ultrasound machine, how he was releasing my nerve with some liquid through that needle! That was amazing experience! The effect of that procedure came in right on a spot, the numbness was slowly going away!!! That is amazing!!! I could not find any other doctor in the area that would offer such a procedure instead of surgery... ( i think surgery is the way more expensive - that's why...) And it is already a few months as i don't feel that pain and numbness! Thanks to Dr A., and all his friendly staff!

May 24th, 2016
Great job!
I would like to say THANK YOU Dr.A very much , I had great experience from the beginning to the end of my appointment. Very friendly and helpful staff, front desk and technicians. Dr.A answer on all my questions and explain to me my health problems. Thank you and God bless.

May 24th, 2016
Good doctor
I don't know where do people get these bad experiences from to write these bad reviews... Dr A is an amazing person, and great doctor! The procedures that he does give an instant relief, i'm constantly seeing him for many years! His treatment approach, diagnostic work-ups, and different techniques are beyond all standards! It's not even possible to find those things that he does with any other provider in the 500 mile area!  And don't be silly, just a few of poorly experienced staff members do NOT represent the doctor!!!  Any doctor may have a bad luck on having a bad employee too, and you won't be able to notice how your employees work, because you will be busy helping your patients!​

January 11th, 2016
Discrimination against my Insurance
I haven't seen the doctor yet, but am trying to get into their office because my insurance tells me they take my plan, the state insurance. I called and the girl answering the phone was curt when I told her what plan I had. She quickly said, We aren't accepting new patients. Soooo, I called the plan administrator. They told me the doctor IS accepting new patients. It seems they don't want to see someone who has this particular plan because of the payout. A friend of mine called two days after me and had no problem getting in for an appt with commercial insurance. I think if you are signed up with the plans you have to go with it, the girls at the front desk can't cherry pick who they want to see. I know, I worked in a dr's office for over 20 years.

March 24th, 2015
They suck!! The staff is really rude the dr assistant can't do her job and tell peoplevthr truth just that whole place is a disaster!

June 2nd, 2014
Didn't get to see him. . .
I was told to come in for an NCV test. It wasn't really explained to me what the test was although I have since looked it up online to get information about it. Apparently, it is to check for nerve damage. It entails giving you electric shocks. When I went in, the technician did not tell me what the test does, what it's for or what it determines. I asked him if it was going to be painful and he said he didn't know and that some people like it and some don't. This didn't tell me how strong the shocks would be. I asked him how many shocks I would get and he said anywhere between 1 and 1000. Well, that narrows it down. Then he applied a couple electrodes to me and came at me with something that looked like a stun gun. I just ended it there and left. I think the technician should have had a better bedside manner. He could have given me more information about the test or helped me allay my fears at getting electrocuted with a test I had never had before. I didn't get to meet the doctor, so I don't know what he is like but I don't feel like going back.

April 16th, 2014
The Dr spent very little time with me, did not answer any of my questions, it appears all they care is to take your money...

January 31st, 2014
blessed to have such a top notch dr here in the Poconos
He is absolutely amazing. His bed side manner is great he gets right to the problem. He trulys cares about his patients. Never a long wait time.In and out.he answers all questions fully.we are very lucky to have such a great dr like him around here.he knows what he's doing and does it well Im so thankful thx dr A.

July 30th, 2013
Best Pain Management Doctor
Dr. Artamonov is the best doctor ever. I'd highly recommend him to anyone. He is very thorough and explained everything in detail. He's concerned with what works best for the patient. He listens and is very caring. Office staff are very nice as well. THANK YOU Dr. A!!!

April 6th, 2013
Wish there were more Dr's like this one!!!!!!!!!!!
An amazing Dr that cares for his patients. There are not many Dr's that show thier care and attempt different methods until it is right for patient. Bravo Dr!!!!

September 29th, 2012
dissapointed
The dr spent very little time with me, did not answer my questions, it appears all they care is to take your money...

August 3rd, 2012
Can't Be Beat!
Several years ago I had a major health issue. I saw my family doctor, a neurologist,rheumatologist,endocrinologist, cardiologist,gastroenterologist and Dr Artamonov. "DrA" was the ONLY one to figure out that I was having a reaction to a medication that had been prescribed to me!I now see him for spinal issues. Dr A is friendly, extremely knowledgable and caring. I wish he could treat ALL of my ills! Thank you, Dr Artamonov!