Internist

701 Howe Ave
Ste C3
Sacramento, CA 95825
916-972-1100
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

|  Absolutely terrible - but I have no other option.  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2013

If I had the option of ZERO stars, that would be my rating. Just as a disclaimer. I am a full time nursing student in the Sacramento area, and due to financial hardships my parents lost their employers health coverage, leaving me without coverage at the age of 25. I had no choice but to try to get a low income plan. I was thrilled when I was approved, and got my card in the mail. I immediately called the doctor listed on my insurance card, because I had some concerning symptoms for nearly 3 months prior to even getting insurance. I scheduled an appointment, and the earliest appointment was about a month out. I suspected I had fractured a bone (clavicle) but could deal with the pain and just take it easy without waiting for 9 hours and clogging up the ER when there are people in SERIOUS emergency need. I called and provided all of my new information to the receptionist. She scheduled me an appointment (or she said she did) and I was told my appointment was at a location that was not specified on my insurance card. I questioned this, but she reassured me that it wasn't an issue. I called back a few days later with an inquiry about possibly getting a sooner appointment date. Another receptionist asked when my appointment was, and what my name was. She had absolutely NO RECORD of me ever calling in the first place. No insurance info. Nothing. I had to go through the entire process again of establishing an appointment for a first time new patient. "Ok your appointment is this day at this location. We will call you a day ahead to confirm." A month goes by. I get the confirmation call. I'm having difficulty breathing, constant pain, nothing unbearable but I was pretty uncomfortable. The pain and swelling was now occurring in the lymph nodes under my throat and neck, as well as the development of a skin lesion on the back of my neck that was not healing. I took half the day off work from an hourly wage job, and had to leave school early for this appointment. Nonetheless, I was so relieved to be seeing a doctor. I arrive to the appointment at, lets call it Location A. "Umm. We can't see you here." "What? Why? I was told this was where my appointment was." "Ya there was like, JUST a change in your health plan and you can only be seen at Location B." "I waited an entire month for this appointment. Can I just see someone else? I'm in pain." "No you can only see Dr. Palatnik no one here. I can schedule you an appointment for the other location though. How is [insert date thats a month in a half in advance]?" My eyes welled up with tears. I was so upset and so hurt by the entire process - and that the people who scheduled the appointment didn't think to call the patients they scheduled appointments for after this "change" took place. I don't think there was any change, my health insurance didn't schedule my appointments. Palatnik's receptionists did. They should have scheduled me at the right location. So I have no choice. I take the appointment and wait again. The appointment day comes, and there are literally a bunch of random guys walking around in semi professional clothes in and out of the doors, no credentials displayed, no indication that they are a healthcare professional at all. I am entirely confused by the staff and their roles at this facility. Meanwhile, I see Palatnik helping what looks like his friend, who had no appointment, going in and out of his office with papers, etc. I get up to the counter and have to fill out the same long packet I did at Location A a month and a half prior. About 15 minutes of filling out demographics, etc. I start seeing all this stuff about motor vehicle accidents. I bring the packet up to the office manager, and she gave me the wrong packet! I had to fill out an entire new one that wasn't for MVA. Absolutely NO organization or accommodation. I see some guy, who again, has NO credentials displayed but is wearing a white coat! He asks me demographics, even feels my lymph nodes and takes my temperature. I assumed he was an NP or something due to overbooking, or what have you. I still do not know what this persons name was, or their credentials, if any. Its been over an hour at this point and I finally meet Dr. Palatnik. He tells me all my "problems" are due to my ADD medication, which I have taken since high school, but that he'll give me a requisite form to go to Quest Diagnostics for blood work. He didn't wash his hands, and didn't really listen to any of my concerns. He did refer me to a dermatologist for a biopsy. A whole other review is necessary for the dermatologist, I might add. I was so shocked and disappointed that I lost all motivation and drive to even ask for an Xray. Honestly I think I just forgot. I just wanted to get out of that office. The phones never work and I seriously miss my old doctor at Sutter Health. I can't say "don't go to this doctor!" because I know most of you that are seeing him have no choice. All I can say is I will have to be firm, if not demanding, with regards to how I expect this physician to properly diagnose, treat, and care for his patients. He needs a serious ethics lesson, as well as a few sanitary reminders. Oh and the medical assistants in his office need to stop wearing a white coat. That is all.

|  Bandit, not a doctor.  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2012

My dad had done a regular ultra-sound of his liver and gall-bladder, which, apparently, showed stones, but this so-called doctor never told him he had gallbladder stones. So eventually my dad's gallbladder became very infected. He went to this so-called doctor, who didn't even care to lay my dad flat on a cod and look at his abdominal. Palatnik had my dad sitting in a chair and, in that position, stuck his fingers into my dad's abdominal as if it gave him any information. Then he gave my dad a diagnosis of "stomach irritation" and told him to go to an emergency room if his fever increases. My dad thought he had "stomach irritation" until his fever got out of hand and he was taken to the ER. Now his gallbladder is so infected that they are going to have to cut my dad open in order to remove the gallbladder. This could be avoided if Palatnik informed my dad of gallbladder stones several years back, and diagnosed the gallbladder infection. This "doctor" should not be allowed to practice medicine. He is a butcher, not a doctor. I wish I knew what to do to prevent him from harming more innocent people.

|  show details
Jun 29th, 2012

Unprofessional staff. I came back to see Dr. Palatkin for my second visit for my high blood pressure. They have lost all of my information from my first visit. The staff is unprofessional and lacks organization. Doesn't look like anyone knows what is happening with their charts and paperwork. I am very unhappy.

|  Horrible service  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

I used to have a deal with this clinic...I had stones in my galbladder nd i needed a surgery..they said that they are going to schedule appointment for me, i waited for couple weeks and call back..they said that forgot to make an appointment for me with gastroorientlogist..but after couple weeksthey said that i just need to have appoinment with doctor in surgecal center..and it takes a month as well..at all i waited 2 moth..and had galbladder attacs every night..I almost died when came to emergency room...NEVER GO THERE

|  great doctor  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2011

Dr Palatnik is a very caring doctor he is very knowledgable and educated and showed a true interest in helping. I would highly recommend him.