Dr. Mila Gorsky MD Patient Reviews

July 10th, 2016
She is not an advocate for the patient. I am convinced I will not survive because of her. Get a different oncologist if you want someone to help you in this battle.

March 30th, 2016
Love Dr Gorsky. She is up front, doesn't sugar coat anything, but has a wonderful bedside manner with her patients. I always have enough time with her to address my questions and concerns. From day one, she has been accurate with her diagnosis and probability of a reoccurance. In a world that is terrifying for most, she is the one that makes this journey so much easier for us.

May 11th, 2015
I am a grateful patient treated by Dr. Gorsky for cancer.

December 12th, 2014
takes her time and explains everything to you.

October 25th, 2013
In all honesty, I was shocked to read some of the negative reviews of Dr. Gorsky, though I do realize that every case & every person's perspective is different. I was referred to Dr. G by a co-worker, & subsequently found out that a former boss's wife is also a patient. All 3 of us think she is great. I found her to be a very good listener, as well as very compassionate. Having experienced an allergic reaction to a chemo med, I was impressed with how she pro-actively addressed my case with others on her 'team', & candidly explained the pros/cons/risks of the new direction. I found her team to be extremely efficient, professional, & pleasant. I have told others that in general, I have found the entire staff - regarding my experience - to run like a 'well oiled machine'. I was rather impressed as well as relieved that ALL of my records are in 1 place, & when I had the allergic reaction they sent me to the on-site Dermatology oncologist. This relieved me of having to go to another site .. with a Dr. unfamiliar with every aspect of my diagnosis and treatment, and therefore, not subject to wasted time in waiting for appointments, etc. In the unfortunate event of anyone else in my 'sphere' of life receiving the sad news of a diagnosis of cancer, I would immediately recommend they treat at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and would recommend this Dr. as well.

July 29th, 2013
I had the unpleasant experience of meeting Dr. Mila Gorsky when helping a family member who has cancer. I don't object to her knowledge or expertise as a doctor, however, she lacked compassion and professional attitude toward me and her patient, attributes that are clearly necessary when dealing with any illness, but even more-so when treating someone that has cancer. A caring attitude and understanding manner go a long way toward helping patients that are already frightened, confused, and are searching for answers to the catastrophe which has occurred to them. For these reasons I would never recommend Dr. Mila Gorsky; she makes no effort what-so-ever to hide her lack of compassion. I was appalled at her demeanor and attitude in what has been this very difficult time for our family. May God spare you if you find yourself in need of an oncologist and you are treated by Dr. Mila Gorsky; there are so many other talented oncologists that have wonderful bedside manner. My prayers are with you.

August 2nd, 2011
It's very difficult to establish a relationship with your doctor these days, since your cancer treatment is often divided between several specialists. No one doctor seems to be in charge of the whole person. But that said, Dr. Gorsky tried her best to get to know a little about me and to give me as much time and information as I needed to make a decision about my treatment.

January 24th, 2011
I agree with the May 28, 2010 comment. I did not find Dr. Grodsky to be very caring, she was more interested in explaining the treatment options than getting to know me as her patient. I have fund MSK to be very "by the numbers" in their breast cancer treatment/surgical recommendations...nothing was suggested that I believed to be innovative or up to par with other well known cancer hospitals. For this reason I went to Johns Hopkins for my double mastectomy and immediate reconstruction. MSK would have been my choice for follow up...however having experienced innovation and fresh & positive approach to breast cancer treatment, I hesitate to commit to MSK.

June 16th, 2010
Dr. Gorsky is supportive and truly cares
I was referred to Dr. Gorsky by Sloan Kettering in NY because I wanted to be treated on the Jersey side. Dr. Gorsky did not disappoint. She is caring and knowledgable. I have grown very attached to her over the years. Being a Stage IV cancer patient, I knew it didn't look good, but I have actually had a great quality of life and it is going on three years since I was diagnosed. I really trust her. She is a wonderful person too.

March 5th, 2009
Robotic
The doctor follows the MSKCC robotic proticol for treating patients. She gets assigned to cases involving cancers that she really has no experience with. On the first visit she was harried and completely unfamiliar with my wife's case. Does a poor job explaining disease process and takes little initiative to go beyond standard protocol. Not worth the drive to Basking Ridge for this doctor.