Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

13847 E 14th St
Ste 115
San Leandro, CA 94578
510-357-8180
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

|  Extreme Poor Quality Control  |  show details
by Jeff Gant on May 14th, 2014

If I could give a rating of zero (0) then I would. I reported to the Greater Bay Endoscopy Center to have a procedure performed for an appointment that I set up with Dr. Adler’s office three weeks prior. When I started to check-in, I was told I did not have an appointment today. A half hour later I was told that my appointment had been cancelled but that I could wait around and they would “try to squeeze me in”. I then proceed to contact Dr. Adler’s office was told “your appointment was cancelled by your girlfriend because you wanted to go to San Leandro Hospital due to insurance reasons”. I responded that I had never cancelled my appointment and that there had been a major mistake on your staff’s part in confusing me with another patient. It’s concerning there was a note in my chart that should have been in another patient’s chart. Fortunately, this error in charting occurred regarding scheduling of a procedure and not directly related to mine or another other patient’s medical care, which would cause pause for a risk management issue. During a telephone conversation with Dr. Adler about the situation and mistake made by his staff, Dr. Adler expressed a laissez-faire and cavalier attitude regarding this situation in stating, “these things happen and slip through the cracks at times”. Dr. Adler also stated that I should “go with the flow and that nobody died or contracted cancer”. This is the most unprofessional statement and attitude that I have ever seen or heard from a physician and certainly, not one of empathy, as facilitated in Dr. Adler’s medical training. This situation and response by Dr. Adler and his staff does not bode well in instilling confidence in the overall care being coordinated for me as a patient. First impressions are everything in life. Dr. Adler, along with his staff, have made a lasting impression alright, but in a negative manner.

|  Inappropriate and assuming  |  show details
by shocked on Sep 27th, 2013

I went to see him because I have had a hard time with losing weight and suffered from digestive problems. My thyroid was low last time I checked it and wanted to see him to get my blood checked for it given my symptoms it pointed to it being off. He didn't even ask what symptoms I was having or why I thought my thyroid was low, he just assumed I wanted him to up my dosage on the pills I was taking already and put me down for trying to investigate food allergies instead of asking why I was looking into it, then to my horror he say's "You are substantially large, you must eat a lot"? Besides that being completely rude and insulting its an odd comment to be said by a physician with a client in front of him there for low thyroid issues looking for help in understanding why I would be gaining weight when I DON'T EAT ALOT. Barely at all in fact. Ive been crying for days since I have seen him. Now I have just stopped eating and don't want to eat AT ALL. I can't believe a physician with 40 years experience would treat a client like this and say such insensitive things.

|  Wrong diaganoses  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2010

I almost died, even though we told him I never have been out o from him.f the state or vacation, he claimed I had parasite. Ended up in hospital in ICU for 2 weeks, I would not have my pet fish get diagnose by him.