Dr. Miles Burke, MD
Pediatric Ophthalmologist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
Jul 25th, 2015

Best Doctor in Cincinnati. Really cares. Nicest person ever. Actually like to go to the Doctor when going here. No wait time. He's direct, thorough, clear and sure of himself. I'd trust my family to nobody else. I just wish he treated adults as well, for problems in addition to muscle disorders.

by Ena P. on Jun 14th, 2015

Dr. Burke and his staff are very professional and attentive. As a first time patient I was very much impressed by his attention and time in my examination and the manner in which he explained all my diagnosis and surgery procedures in lay man's terms. Over all I had a great experience and I highly recommend Dr. Burke.

by Maryanne Ferrell on Jun 9th, 2015

Both of our children have been under the care of Dr. Miles Burke for over 13 years. We are beyond blessed to have Dr. Burke in our lives. He treats Luke and Elley as if they are his own children and makes medical decisions with their best interest at heart. He goes above and beyond to make sure we are comfortable with all decisions relating to their care. He has performed eye surgery on our daughter Elley three times and each surgery has been successful and has resulted in improvements in her esotropia. He makes sure to see us just moments prior to Elley's surgery to pray with us and answer any concerns that we may have. At each office visit, he takes time to talk to us and show genuine interest in Luke and Elley. They are never anxious about seeing Dr. Burke. Actually they look forward to his visits. My son's diagnosis has improved and he doesn't have to see Dr. Burke very often, which really makes him sad. Of course, he is glad his eye concern has improved, but he loves to see Dr. Burke and visit his office where Dr. Burke has the latest and greatest of technological gadgets to keep his patients occupied in the waiting room. Thanks for letting me share, we are blessed indeed to have Miles Burke overseeing the care of our children's eyes!!!

Dr. Burke show details Dr. Burke
May 12th, 2015

Dr. Burke is simply awesome. His expertise and conscientiousness are evident and extraordinary. He brings great comfort and confidence to our family.

Apr 27th, 2015

The staff is rude and not very helpful. I asked for a copy of my child's records and I was told that the staff did not have time for that.

Doctor's Response

This occurred the day after my receptionist's brother died. The receptionist left for the funeral that day leaving only one person on the phones and to run the front office. The person who did answer the phone did indeed say that she could not accomplish the request that day and would she please call back in a few days, once the receptionist had returned from the funeral, and then we'd be happy to copy their child's records. At no time was our office rude.

Super helpful, thorough and kind hearted show details Super helpful, thorough and kind hearted
by Adult Patient on Dec 22nd, 2013

Dr. Burke is a super helpful and kind hearted doctor. You can tell he loves his job and he give his patient great advice and care. Five star service from the staff that greets you to the eye check-up and departure. Definitely the eye doctor to meet with!

Favorite among kids and parents show details Favorite among kids and parents
Jun 11th, 2013

My kids ask throughout the year, "when can we go back to see Dr. Burke?". I have been thrilled with his knowledge, professionalism, availability, and the respect with which he treats my children. Dr. Burke takes the time to ensure not only that I understand, but also that my children understand.

Dec 8th, 2011

Dr. Burke,was excellent with my daughter and my son. He was prompt courteous and I knew my children were getting the best care!

Nov 7th, 2011

great experience.

Will continue to go show details Will continue to go
by suzann1 at Citysearch on Oct 19th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I found Dr. Burke to be knowledgeable and have an appropriate bedside manner with my 5 year old son firm, but polite - love it!. The staff was helpful via phone but a bit short in person usually it`s the other way around. I didn`t think the wait was that bad as Dr. Burke is thorough and that is fine with me. I feel lucky he is my son`s opthalmologist and will continue taking him there.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Wouldn't recommend show details Wouldn't recommend
Oct 5th, 2011

severe astigmatism

Excellent experience show details Excellent experience
Oct 3rd, 2011

I took my 3-year old to Dr. Burke and was extremely impressed. He and his staff were very courteous and helpful. Dr. Burke KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING!! The ease with which he performed the exam and kept my son engaged was awesome. As for the complaints I've read about his fees. COME ON!! This is a SPECIALIST. If you want a $70 exam, then go to Lenscrafters and hope that they can work with your child. Peace of mind, a person trained in pediatrics, and a fantastic experience means he is WORTH the cost. We'll see what insurance covers, but I will happily pay whatever it does not.

Would not recommend show details Would not recommend
by miwise at Citysearch on Oct 3rd, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr, Burke did seem knowledgeable, but found his office staff rude. The office wait time was ridiculous! as were the convertibles with vanity plates that sat in the parking lot \"\"ped eye\"\" The services were outrageously priced.....office consult & dilation for 500.00. Most places offer this for 150.00. My child had mis-aligned eyes - 3 operations and 8,000.00 later...they are still mis-aligned! Do not take your child here.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Would not recommend this office - look elsewhere unless you want to spend a fortune! show details Would not recommend this office - look elsewhere unless you want to spend a fortune!
Aug 19th, 2011

Although Dr. Burke did a great job interacting with our child and demonstrated a vast amount of expertise, I would not recommend taking your child to this practice. The exam cost is extremely overpriced in comparison to other local pediatric ophthalmologists performing the same exact comprehensive exam. I was charged close to $700 for our first visit and found that other physicians would have charged between $150-$200 for the same work-up for a new patient. We will choose another pediatric ophthalmologist to follow up with our child.

Go elsewhere! show details Go elsewhere!
by lbburns at Citysearch on Apr 14th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I would not recommend this doctor. Terrible office staff and way overpriced. We were charged over 900.00 for a 20 minute consult. We sought a second opinion and this doctor did a complete work-up and we were charged less than 200.00. Do not go to this doctor!! He is only interested in money. This doctor does not care about your child`s care.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Go elsewhere! show details Go elsewhere!
by lbburns at Citysearch on Apr 14th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I would not recommend this doctor. Terrible office staff and way overpriced.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Put me and my four year old at ease show details Put me and my four year old at ease
Mar 29th, 2011

Dr. Burke is excellent in dealing with little children and parents. My daughter was so at ease in his office and he made the appointment fun for her. I was relieved the appointment was emotionally pain free for me too.

Nov 24th, 2010

We have been seeing Dr. Burke for our three children for over 12yrs. He did corrective surgery on one of my children. HE IS AWSOME! Never has anyone taken as much time to examine my kids or shown such a love for what he does. He is AMAZING! My son who si 22 still goes once a yr to see him. I have never trusted a doctor more!

Outstanding Doctor show details Outstanding Doctor
Oct 19th, 2010

Dr. Miles Burke is certainly a top notch professional. He is fabulous with children!! We had our first appointment this summer and I had heard amazing things about him. He certainly exceeded the glowing reviews. I was most appreciative to his thorough exam and uncovering the root problem to my daughter's eye disorder.

by Wendy Tucker on May 12th, 2010

Dr, Burke is very detailed and willing to explain in depth the nature of the problem. He is always professional. Eyes are a major part of someones make up and I trust him to provide and guide me in the best decisions for my eyes.

GREAT EYE DOC show details GREAT EYE DOC
by D. Weinstein on Jan 6th, 2010

Fantastic Doctor!!!! Great at diagnosis; doesn't push surgery, but knows when it's needed. GREAT bedside manner - Fantastic docotr esp with children!

EXCEPTIONAL show details EXCEPTIONAL
Sep 29th, 2009

"Best in the city of Cincinnati."This is a quote from my daughter's new pediatrician. We love Dr. Burke!

Apr 2nd, 2009

Absolute wonderful doctor - diagnosed my son's severe astigmatism when other doctors did not.

Feb 18th, 2009

Dr. Burke and his staff (Ann and Barbara) are absolutely wonderful! I wouldn't dream of taking my child anywhere else.

by hollyma on Apr 18th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Burke is wonderful with kids and great with the parents as well. He's the ONLY doctor we've been to that has any knowledge of our son's very rare eye conditon. He is the only pediatric ophthalmologist we will see!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
TOP pediatric ophthalmologist in Cincinnati! show details TOP pediatric ophthalmologist in Cincinnati!
by pculter at Citysearch on Oct 25th, 2006 on citysearch.com

Dr. Burke has seen two of our children 9 and 1 and has been GREAT! There is minimal waiting and he is great with the children. He always takes the time to explain options and talks to you in terms that you can easily understand.

by pculter on Oct 25th, 2006 on citysearch.com

Dr. Burke has seen two of our children (9 and 1) and has been GREAT! There is minimal waiting and he is great with the children. He always takes the time to explain options and talks to you in terms that you can easily understand. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!