Dr. Miles Burke, MD
Pediatric Ophthalmologist
Video profile

Dr. Burke Turned my whole life around. show details Dr. Burke Turned my whole life around.
by Paul Maddock on Mar 16th, 2016

Dr. Miles Burke is probably the most wonderful doctor that has ever taken care of me. I had really bad double-vision problems and had just about given up hope when someone mentioned me to see him. He fixed my double-vision and turned my whole life around. He is also so kind and personable and the only doctor that has ever directly followed up with me both before and after a surgery. I love the man :)

by DSW on Mar 14th, 2016

Incredible and skilled doctor

Adult Strabismus show details Adult Strabismus
Mar 7th, 2016

In 2015, Dr. Burke operated on my eyes (3) times as I had a significant vertical mis-alignment due to adult strabismus. Surgery #1 corrected the mis-alignment by approx. 50% while surgery #2 fully corrected. However I then experienced significant double vision due to 40 years of significant mis-alignment. Dr. Burke was fully committed, readily accessible, and demonstrated a wonderful bedside manner during the whole 10 month process. Surgery #3 was carefully calculated in his office to adjust exactly as necessary to stop the double vision and minimize the vertical misalignment to where it is barely (or not even) noticeable. Overall, the experience was trying but he was fully committed and followed through to ensure I was comfortable, taken care of, and ultimately corrected. He is caring doctor and an expert in his field.

Feb 8th, 2016

I can honestly say this is the first time I have ever written a review on a doctor. That is how impressed I was with Dr. Burke and his skill with children. My four year old son is very shy, and Dr. Burke immediately pulled him out of his shell and made him feel so comfortable. My son does not like to go to the doctor ever, but he has been asking me since we left when he can go back and see Dr. Burke. He also spent time with me explaining my son's exam and immediately put me at ease. I highly recommend Dr. Burke.

Choose Dr. Burke show details Choose Dr. Burke
by Weber Family on Feb 8th, 2016

Dr. Burke has been a complete blessing to our family. Our daughter was born with an eye muscle disorder. At an appropriate age Dr. Burke performed surgery on her eyes. He is not only brilliant, but gentle and loving. A rare combination in a surgical specialist. His waiting room is a kids dream so even waiting a few minutes is a joy to any child. He uses his God given gifts and talents to serve children and their concerned parents every day. He is respected among his peers in Cincinnati and referred to as "the best". After searching of a second opinion 12 years ago we learned that Dr. Burke has mentored and trained most of his peers and in the event of an emergency, he is who they call. Choose Dr. Burke.

by Donna Walls on Jan 29th, 2016

He was competent and very compassionate. Spent alot of time with my husband and I and answered all our questions.

by Michelle Seither on Jan 13th, 2016

Dr. Burke is an amazing doctor!!! My 3 year year old son Parker had to have surgery to repair his eyes from crossing and the first doctor we went to over corrected his eyes during surgery and nicked his cornea during the procedure as well. Needless to say it was an awful experience that also left my poor son in a lot of pain. When the doctor told us a second surgery was going to be needed, I immediately wanted a second opinion. I was directed to Dr. Burke by my family pediatrician. From the moment we walked into his office, Dr. Burke was 100% focused on my son and what he needed. From greeting him in the lobby personally to talking to him during the appointment, I was thrilled to have someone who truly cared about what was best for him. Now after the second surgery, I can happily share that Parker's eyes are in perfect alignment and his recovery was quick and relatively painless. Words cannot express how much of a difference Dr.Burke made in our lives. Thank you!!

Grateful Senior Citizen show details Grateful Senior Citizen
by Bob Maxwell on Oct 29th, 2015

After many other eye specialists failed to identify my problem, I visited Dr. Burke, who promptly diagnosed and corrected through surgery my eye muscle problems that has caused me fatigue and headaches for decades. The surgery was performed nine years ago, and my vision has been great ever since, plus I am still pain free.

Patient, thorough, and knowledgeable show details Patient, thorough, and knowledgeable
by Beth Nagy & Sam Kerr on Sep 14th, 2015

Dr. Burke and his staff are wonderful. We were referred to him by our pediatrician after a vision test indicated our 12 mo old son's vision was out of normal range. Dr. Burke's assessment, process, and follow-up were exceptional. Our son required eye surgery, which was very scary for us as parents. We had to reschedule the surgery a few times due to our son being ill and they were very patient with us. The surgery went well. We even had a bit of a scare when a bllod vessel burst while he was healing. Dr. Burke had us text them a picture to assess whether we had to bring him in to the office or not. It ended up being a normal part of the healing process, but it was great to have a doctor that would allow us to text a picture instead of us having to spend an hour on the road and the cost of an office visit. Our son is doing great now thanks to Dr. Burke and his staff.

Jul 25th, 2015

Best Doctor in Cincinnati. Really cares. Nicest person ever. Actually like to go to the Doctor when going here. No wait time. He's direct, thorough, clear and sure of himself. I'd trust my family to nobody else. I just wish he treated adults as well, for problems in addition to muscle disorders.

by Ena P. on Jun 14th, 2015

Dr. Burke and his staff are very professional and attentive. As a first time patient I was very much impressed by his attention and time in my examination and the manner in which he explained all my diagnosis and surgery procedures in lay man's terms. Over all I had a great experience and I highly recommend Dr. Burke.

by Maryanne Ferrell on Jun 9th, 2015

Both of our children have been under the care of Dr. Miles Burke for over 13 years. We are beyond blessed to have Dr. Burke in our lives. He treats Luke and Elley as if they are his own children and makes medical decisions with their best interest at heart. He goes above and beyond to make sure we are comfortable with all decisions relating to their care. He has performed eye surgery on our daughter Elley three times and each surgery has been successful and has resulted in improvements in her esotropia. He makes sure to see us just moments prior to Elley's surgery to pray with us and answer any concerns that we may have. At each office visit, he takes time to talk to us and show genuine interest in Luke and Elley. They are never anxious about seeing Dr. Burke. Actually they look forward to his visits. My son's diagnosis has improved and he doesn't have to see Dr. Burke very often, which really makes him sad. Of course, he is glad his eye concern has improved, but he loves to see Dr. Burke and visit his office where Dr. Burke has the latest and greatest of technological gadgets to keep his patients occupied in the waiting room. Thanks for letting me share, we are blessed indeed to have Miles Burke overseeing the care of our children's eyes!!!

Dr. Burke show details Dr. Burke
May 12th, 2015

Dr. Burke is simply awesome. His expertise and conscientiousness are evident and extraordinary. He brings great comfort and confidence to our family.

Apr 27th, 2015

The staff is rude and not very helpful. I asked for a copy of my child's records and I was told that the staff did not have time for that.

Doctor's Response

This occurred the day after my receptionist's brother died. The receptionist left for the funeral that day leaving only one person on the phones and to run the front office. The person who did answer the phone did indeed say that she could not accomplish the request that day and would she please call back in a few days, once the receptionist had returned from the funeral, and then we'd be happy to copy their child's records. At no time was our office rude.

Super helpful, thorough and kind hearted show details Super helpful, thorough and kind hearted
by Adult Patient on Dec 22nd, 2013

Dr. Burke is a super helpful and kind hearted doctor. You can tell he loves his job and he give his patient great advice and care. Five star service from the staff that greets you to the eye check-up and departure. Definitely the eye doctor to meet with!

Dec 8th, 2011

Dr. Burke,was excellent with my daughter and my son. He was prompt courteous and I knew my children were getting the best care!

Nov 7th, 2011

great experience.

Excellent experience show details Excellent experience
Oct 3rd, 2011

I took my 3-year old to Dr. Burke and was extremely impressed. He and his staff were very courteous and helpful. Dr. Burke KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING!! The ease with which he performed the exam and kept my son engaged was awesome. As for the complaints I've read about his fees. COME ON!! This is a SPECIALIST. If you want a $70 exam, then go to Lenscrafters and hope that they can work with your child. Peace of mind, a person trained in pediatrics, and a fantastic experience means he is WORTH the cost. We'll see what insurance covers, but I will happily pay whatever it does not.

Would not recommend this office - look elsewhere unless you want to spend a fortune! show details Would not recommend this office - look elsewhere unless you want to spend a fortune!
Aug 19th, 2011

Although Dr. Burke did a great job interacting with our child and demonstrated a vast amount of expertise, I would not recommend taking your child to this practice. The exam cost is extremely overpriced in comparison to other local pediatric ophthalmologists performing the same exact comprehensive exam. I was charged close to $700 for our first visit and found that other physicians would have charged between $150-$200 for the same work-up for a new patient. We will choose another pediatric ophthalmologist to follow up with our child.

Put me and my four year old at ease show details Put me and my four year old at ease
Mar 29th, 2011

Dr. Burke is excellent in dealing with little children and parents. My daughter was so at ease in his office and he made the appointment fun for her. I was relieved the appointment was emotionally pain free for me too.

Nov 24th, 2010

We have been seeing Dr. Burke for our three children for over 12yrs. He did corrective surgery on one of my children. HE IS AWSOME! Never has anyone taken as much time to examine my kids or shown such a love for what he does. He is AMAZING! My son who si 22 still goes once a yr to see him. I have never trusted a doctor more!

Outstanding Doctor show details Outstanding Doctor
Oct 19th, 2010

Dr. Miles Burke is certainly a top notch professional. He is fabulous with children!! We had our first appointment this summer and I had heard amazing things about him. He certainly exceeded the glowing reviews. I was most appreciative to his thorough exam and uncovering the root problem to my daughter's eye disorder.

by Wendy Tucker on May 12th, 2010

Dr, Burke is very detailed and willing to explain in depth the nature of the problem. He is always professional. Eyes are a major part of someones make up and I trust him to provide and guide me in the best decisions for my eyes.

GREAT EYE DOC show details GREAT EYE DOC
by D. Weinstein on Jan 6th, 2010

Fantastic Doctor!!!! Great at diagnosis; doesn't push surgery, but knows when it's needed. GREAT bedside manner - Fantastic docotr esp with children!

EXCEPTIONAL show details EXCEPTIONAL
Sep 29th, 2009

"Best in the city of Cincinnati."This is a quote from my daughter's new pediatrician. We love Dr. Burke!

Apr 2nd, 2009

Absolute wonderful doctor - diagnosed my son's severe astigmatism when other doctors did not.

Feb 18th, 2009

Dr. Burke and his staff (Ann and Barbara) are absolutely wonderful! I wouldn't dream of taking my child anywhere else.