Dr. Mimi Khine Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mimi Khine?

February 10th, 2016

I feel seeing this person ruined my life.

Seen her for a couple years. Started off as a very nice lady. I struggled with depression and anxiety. She comes across as trying to be a friend. Does not talk to you about your issues before prescribing, talks more about her personal experiences in life. I had to change doctors because recently she had become more absent minded, prescribed different doses of anti anxiety pills, had no idea how to taper off a patient, that she sent me into horrible withdrawals several times. I had to get the opinion of others and do MAJOR research and take it back to her. She didn't seem to like that. Didn't seem to understand or care about the my issue if you are not there at her desk handing over cash. She put me on medication that had me gain 45 lbs. in 8 months. For the couple of years I saw her she loved me, but when I began to speak up about different things, i suppose she got offended. She then said to me over the phone that i may be bipolar, lol. I was never rude but I was assertive and direct with her, as being a sheep to her wishes got me no where. She had never mentioned Bipolar to me before, nor has anyone ever called me that, ever, and im in my 30s. She began to be very short with me, and refused to properly help me taper off my meds and i felt i was being punished for speaking up for myself and my well being. I was prescribed the following in literally one sit down sessions, Zoloft, Ambien, Valium, Buspar, and Ativan. An insane cocktail of meds for depression. She tried to offer me Xanax once and I declined that. Her patients overlap in the waiting room and many look very sketchy. She tells stories of other patients and their problems during my sessions. She does not even have a receptionist, never gave me a fax (i dont think she has one), and took calls during sessions on her cellphone. I am now overweight, and fighting to get rid of this toxin in my body. Many of what she prescribed to me, I never filled. I trusted her, and in the end her personality totally changed from a sweet old lady to someone I did not recognize. She even yelled at me and argued with me over the phone and I had to calm HER down. It was so extremely strange and ridiculous. There's just so much, maybe deep down she is a nice lady but perhaps something is going on with her that she does not need to practice anymore in my opinion. I'm sure in that profession someone can take in a lot of negative energy from all the people who go to them with issues. However, i rarely talked in our sessions, it was like i was paying her to listen to her problems about her past, her home life and other patients. She diagnosed me with OCD as well and I am no where near OCD, lol I suffered from anxiety and mild depression. In my opinion i believe she piles on diagnoses to cover her rear for prescribing unnecessary meds. There are many other things, but i think its important for anyone who knows nothing about psychiatry to understand a lot of these people are conning and about money. And to also don't go in with blind trust and do research before you go in. I was in such a bad place, i wanted the pain to go away and she initially was super (almost overly) nice, came at me like more of a "friend" than a patient and appeared to want to help me get well. No one should be on anti anxiety meds for years and then set aside when they become concerned with the upping of the dosage and get treated like crap just because a doctor feels their cash cow is trying to leave.

May 22nd, 2010

Quality of care

Dr. Khine does not check the persons medical history before prescribing medication. She does not advise her patient of side affects that may result from taking the medication. And, when side affects were reported she discounted them and claimed they were not caused by the medication. However clinical trials of the medication showed statistcally significant reports by the individuals in the trial of the side affects I reported to Dr. Khine.Dr. Khine does not have skill in correctly diagnosing mental health disorders. She bases her diagnosis on very little information about the persons mental health history. She tends to diagnose a patient with multiple disorders. In my case she diagnosed bi-polar disorder, depression, OCD, and impulse control disorder and prescribed different medication to treat each one. My condition is depression.Dr. Khine does not remember a patients name or recognize them. She goes to the waiting room and asks if anyone is there to see Dr. Khine. She takes phone calls during office visits. Is not attentive to patients reports of feelings or experiences and brings up her own personal stories.

January 25th, 2016