Dr. Mimis Cohen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

May 19th, 2015
delivered what he promised
well I had a breast augmentation done by dr cohen..he was very personable in my case and we went back and forth as to what I wanted versus what he would do.. we both settled on a plan for my augmentation and told me I would love the results (yeah right)..after the surgery had minimal bruising, natural looking breasts and very little pain..scars are minimal at best and hardly visible..i would go to for any future procedures..this is my experience

April 21st, 2015
to get the extra skin remove from my arms
Dr Cohen is really don't take the time to explain things to you and my arms he was supposed to be the one doing the surgery but instead it was the students doing it,my arms is so badly scares and I am so embassy to show my arms.dr cohen have a bad habit have having the the lady who you pay the money to explaining medical things to who,when he is the one supposed to be doing it,and the most important thing he is not the doing the surgery that you pay for,I don't think he is even in the room when the surgery is going on,I wish I never met him because I still can't wear short sleeve any thing,I basically just wast my money.i.give him 1/2 star.

April 14th, 2015
Amazing Care by Dr Cohen and his team
He saved my face- noes, cheek bones etc, after an accident.

January 18th, 2015
Very bad bed side mannors
I was referred to plastics after emergency visit for a follow up with a procedure I had done a long time ago by another doctor that got infected. The emergency room nurse did not specify a doctor so when I called the lady answering the phone put me with him. I never meet him and after I did I wish I never had met him. He was very rude, condescending and arrogant. He did all the talking just by looking at my chart, I could barely get a word in edge wise. He hardly ask me any questions and when I tried to ask him a question he seem anode. One time he even cut me off from talking in a very rude way. I left there feeling worst then I did when I came in and not just because what he said but how he said it. He made feel like I was dirt under his shoes. My insurance only covers this hospital and I did not ask for him. I'm unemployed and I live with a friend while I go to college to get back on my feet. This medical issue I have could of gone very bad if I did not go to the E.R. as soon as I did. He proceeded to tell me that he sees people that shoot themselves in the face like my issue is not important enough for him. What I have to do, shoot myself in the face or cut off an arm to get help from him not including respect. I'm sure if I was his daughter it would be a very important medical issues that needs to be taken care A.S.A.P. From the very star he was almost yelling and I didn't know why? I stay cool and respectful while crying. He made feel ashamed of my life decision in the past that is causing problems now. Yet this is his field. No doctor should make you like you are worthless and wasting his time . He will still get paid by the visit from my insurance. Maybe it is time for him to retire because the way he treated me was so unprofessional and from the reviews I read he does horrible work. I tried to ask what I had and what was going on with my body. He really did not give me a clear explanation what was going on with me. I would never every see him again for help even if I won the lottery! He looks to be in his seventies it's time for him to hang up his scapula.

October 13th, 2014
life changing
Dr. Cohen revised previous surgeries for a cleft lip and palate using updated techniques. The results were life changing. I finally feel that I am "normal". My rhinoplasty and scar revision turned out beautiful. My speech has improved. I cannot thank him enough for changing my life. The team at UIC, including the residents, were all competent and wonderful (I am a nurse, so I am kind of picky)

April 8th, 2014
I came to him for scar revision and my scar is 100 times worse than it was. I wish I never did it.

April 5th, 2014
A happy, long-term patient of Dr. Cohen
Over the past 20 years I have gone to Dr. Cohen for lipo, breasts, and most recently a facelift with eyes and neck done. None of these surgeries are for the faint of heart and expectations need to be realistic. Recovery and end result takes time and patience. I can only speak of my personal experiences with the doctor and they have been great. My outcomes are wonderful and have stood the test of time. I am 6 weeks into recovery from my facelift and couldn't be more pleased ... I look beautiful and natural. Yes, I am still healing so it will only get better. For those of you who expect a spa experience go to a spa. You will not get that at UIC. But, if you want an experienced hand Dr. Cohen is it. The fact that he has been Chief of Surgery at UIC for years speaks for itself. Yes, it is a teaching school but I requested that only Dr. Cohen do my work and he assured me that would be the case, while students/doctors observed. I have no reason to believe I was lied to. I am certain that not every single patient can be happy and those patients are quick to complain while satisfied patients go on to live their lives without writing reviews. My suggestion to others: do your homework, I did and I found Dr. Cohen and I am happy I did. His competency has given me years of beauty and improved self-esteem and I look forward to enjoying my fresh new face for years to come. Thank you Dr. Cohen and your team!

October 19th, 2013
Worst surgeon I have been to.
I went to Dr. Cohen 7 years ago for rhinoplasty and he made my nose worse by using techniques that only added more scar tissue and swelling and no cosmetic improvement. He has no sense of the aesthetic nor of the outcomes. He ruined a wonderful lip job I had previously by cutting my lip and leaving scars and lack of form. He is only interested in cutting things but not interested in the outcome. Countless children and adults have suffered because of his lack of competence. They are left with very poor surgical results, as I have seen when I visited the annual fundraiser to raise money for children's surgery. It was the worst decision of my life. He talks a good game, but does not deliver.

August 14th, 2012
NOT SATISFIED WITH OUT COME
HAD BREAST ARGUMENTATION IN 2003 I WAS SO ASHAMED OF MY BREAST SIZE THEY WERE TOO BIG GOT SENT TO DR.MIMIS AND HE MADE ME FEEL GOOD ABOUT MY DECESION BUT THE OUTCOME IS NOT GOOD ONE BREAST IS VERY MUCH BIGGER THAN THE OTHER,MY NIPPLES ARE IN TWO DIFFERENT PLACES MY ARIEL ARE TWO DIFFERENT SIZES THE SCARING IS HORRIBLE I'LL PUT IT TO U LIKE THIS I AM MORE ASHAMED OF MY BREAST NOW THAN I WAS BEFORE THE SURGERY IT HAS CAUSED ME TO DECIDE NOT TO BE IN ANY TYPE OF RELATIONSHIP BECAUSE I'M EMBARRASED......THANKS FOR RUINING MY LIFE.....