Dr. Mindy Schwartz MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Chicago, IL

June 7th, 2016
Outstanding and caring physician.

September 17th, 2015
I can't say enough good things about this extraordinary physician
Office visits at University of Chicago Hyde Park location usually require a bit of a wait. Mindy Schwartz is also seeing patients one day a week at 150 East Huron and, in my experience, there is no waiting time at that location. Dr. Schwartz is more than a five star doctor: she has laser-type listening skills, she is super intelligent, ultra experienced, a patient advocate of the rarest sort she connects and directs her patients to what they need most and makes certain they have access to what is best for them (in one case she referred me to someone outside of U of C!) She is respectful of every question, offers explanations at the level needed by the individual. Seemingly overbooked at times, she spends whatever time necessary with each patient so I've always been quite content to wait beyond my "appointment time" for I know I will not be given short shrift. She never drops the ball, her follow up concern and care is so admirable it's almost surprising. One small example: resides in an unsolicited e-mail I received from her after a garden variety CBC: "Great numbers!" she wrote. She has kept me on the road of good health!

March 11th, 2015
A Model Doctor
Mindy Schwartz is a focused listener and a wide ranging thinker. She is at ease with and adept at connecting her patients with the most appropriate and finest specialty practitioners. Clinic notes describe me as a complex patient with "multiple morbidities." I, however, describe myself as a wonderfully healthy and active 72 year old despite what the record shows. I know that Doctor Schwartz stays abreast of my treatment and progress with other specialists. She is always quick to return a call or an e-mail and always available to support and help me negotiate the, sometimes, complicated medical system. I cannot find a single flaw in her skill, attitude, commitment and good humor. She is a revered teacher and each of her students recognize her as an iconic model and they see, in her actions, the doctor they hope to become.