A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mindy Shaffran:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mindy Shaffran is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mindy Shaffran, FACOG, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- She has special expertise in 25 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Female Infertility
- Genital Warts
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Hot Flashes
- Insulin Resistance
- Lyme Disease
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pregnancy Complications
- Pregnancy-Induced Hypertension
- Prenatal Care
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Shaffran graduated from New York University - Mount Sinai. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Shaffran has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- St Charles Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shaffran accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 12 plans
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Mindy L. Shaffran practice?
Dr. Mindy Shaffran practices Obstetrics & Gynecology near Port Jefferson, NY.
Additional practice locations include: East Patchogue, NY and Wading River, NY.
See Port Jefferson Obstetricians & Gynecologists.