Ophthalmologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  A great experience from the very start!!  |  show details
by Merle H on Feb 3rd, 2014

From the time I arrived the staff was courteous, respectful, and completely focused on the best outcome for me. Dr. Wang gave me his undivided attention after a group consultation with his staff to advise me on what my options were. It has been a great experience. Thanks. Merle H

|  Mrs.  |  show details
by Rebecca Fielder on Feb 2nd, 2014

I have read a few of the reviews and the negative ones are probably due to not following directions after surgery or not "listening and hearing" information given before signing paperwork. The reason I say this, is because I was a unique case (prior lasik surgery, prior laser surgery to correct a torn retina and a whole in the macula of the left eye, consequently - cataracts had formed in both eyes) and was told by Dr. Wang that he could possibly help me but there were no guarantees to the outcome because every patient's eyes are unique. I am 64 years old and had a wonderful experience with Dr. Wang and his staff! My results were amazing (I was 20-50 the morning after surgery and most patients are 20-80 the morning after) My surgery was performed the first part of December, 2013 and I was released at the end of the month to my regular eye physician. After having my eyes tested after my release the results are a fabulous 20/20. I had been seriously near-sighted my entire life and my sight now is miraculous! Visit Dr. Wand and you will not be disappointed! I had cataract surgery and the Forever Young Lens implants!

|  I couldn't have asked for a better experience!  |  show details
by Amanda Pennington on Jan 8th, 2014

I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. I was met with exceptional, kind, courteous, and enthusiastic staff from the first phone call through the entire consult and surgery itself. Dr. Wang and staff provided an environment of calming and confident atmosphere. I loved the Christian atmosphere and prayer before surgery from Dr. Wang. I had such a peaceful experience. I know this is a decision I will never regret. This is an act I can never give you enough appreciation for. Thank you for giving me my sight back and freeing me of glasses! I would encourage and recommend anyone at all interested in a life without glasses to come see Dr. Wang for the complete package for you and your eyes. Thank you! Amanda Pennington

|  incompetent  |  show details
by Liz on Dec 16th, 2013

I think he needs to fire his office staff and get some that give a rats butt about his patients. As far as, Dr. Wang the verdict isn't in......I still can't see 4 days after cataract surgery nor can his office return a call.

|  Excellent  |  show details
by Claire Cox on Dec 3rd, 2013

I had a great experience. Dr. Wang and his staff are friendly and genuinely concerned with the well being of patients. I had great results with both my Lasik and cataract surgeries. I am finally able to read without the help of glasses. I had an overall excellent experience and have no complaints.

|  Great Results  |  show details
by Arthur on Oct 15th, 2013

I was shocked and disappointed to read the untrue comments made by one of the reviewers who said Dr. Wang "takes advantage of the elderly"... Nothing could be further from the truth... and I know from personal experience! First, Dr. Wang gave me hope after several surgeons in the area said I wasn't a candidate for LASIK--but Dr. Wang was able to do the surgery, and I have enjoyed the blessing of great vision ever since! THEN my mother came from CA for Dr. Wang to do her cataract surgery, which also had a great outcome, so much so that when she went back to her eye doctor in CA, he checked her eyes and said, “This cataract surgery has clearly been done by an 'elite surgeon', and I know there are only a few like him in the world!” This was an unsolicited comment, so I trust this doctor’s opinion! Since then, the rest of my family has had successful eye surgeries with Dr. Wang, and I have also referred many patients to him (INCLUDING some who are “low income”), and they too were treated with as much respect as those who could afford expensive options. I have never referred a single person to Dr. Wang who has said anything negative about their experience, so I feel this reviewer’s comments are completely unfounded, and I hope that anyone reading them will disregard them!

Oct 13th, 2013

This Dr takes advantage of the Elderly on fix incomes! Medicare does pay 100 % on standard cataract surgery. He talks them into "forever young" implants which cost around $10,000. His nickname in the optical field is the butcher because so many people need correction after his surgery.

|  I am ecstatic with my results  |  show details
by Pam Obertlik on Sep 20th, 2013

Thank you all so much for everything! Having 3D laser eye surgery was an awesome experience with Dr. Wang and his office. Having surgery at all is an intimidating prospect but Dr. Wang and his team made me feel right at home and confident in the success of my procedure. I had glasses for over 20 years and now I don’t! I can play racquet ball, swim, see what’s going on around me, and play basketball without fear of my glasses getting destroyed. I am ecstatic with my results! Again-thank you so much!!

|  Ruined my eyes  |  show details
by Marty Goetz on Jul 25th, 2013

I went in for LASIK surgery. I came out with dry eyes and the need to be in full glasses until I die. If it were not so terribly uncomfortable I would not mind as much. But this discomfort has ruined my life for the past three years. It has taken me this long for my wife and me to fully accept my new reality. I have had to reconcile myself to the fact that I will never have another day for the rest of my life in which, physically speaking, I will feel totally comfortable. Thank God-upon the return of my savior,Jesus-I will receive an upgrade...should I endure till the end!!! MG

|  Just gamble your money on the lottery  |  show details
by Richard Neely on Jun 3rd, 2013

They dilated both eyes and then gave me the paperwork to sign. I was only having surgery on one eye. I guess they didn't want me to see the fine print or the bold print. Well now i use Restasis for dry eye every day and will for the rest of my life. I still wear glasses. $3,000 down the drain.

by Felix Wong on May 6th, 2013

I would like to thank Ming Wang and his team for such good and professional service during my visit for 3D lasik. I was nervous at first because right after my procedure my eyes were sensitive to light. But I followed their instructions on medications and drops and my eyes felt healed in 5 hours. I could see without glasses. I slept a lot so that they would heal faster and so as not to strain the eyes. Today I woke up and my eyes were no longer sensitive to light and I can see everything clear. I feel it was worth every penny of the cost. I am very proud of myself for coming to Wang Vision Institute. Thank you so much Dr. Wang! Also, thank you so much to all of the friendly, professional staff.

by Sarah Brownell on Apr 22nd, 2013

I had terrible vision and knew the lasik would only correct 80-90%, but it’s so clear the next day, I feel like I have 20/20 vision now! Dr. Wang and staff talked me through each step of the procedure, which helped me to anticipate what was coming next and reduce my anxiety.

by Jolo Khalmuratov on Apr 22nd, 2013

The vision in my left eye was very bad. Now after surgery, everything is perfect. Dr. Wang has the highest level of experience and technology. I really appreciate it. All of the people are very nice here. Thank you to the other doctors as well. I love this place. It is good. It is perfect. Thanks!

by Sarah Smith on Apr 21st, 2013

My experience at Wang Vision was excellent. The staff is warm and helpful. I was put at ease because they were so eager to answer any questions I had. Dr. Wang is gentle yet professional and prayed for me before the procedure, which was the greatest blessing of all. I will be recommending Lasik at Wang Vision to everyone I know!

|  Keisha Hall  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2013

After several years of looking for someone who could help with my problem, I finally found Dr. Wang; I watched the videos of his story and was so impressed with his knowledge and character. My surgical experience was awesome. I felt the hand of God as I prayed. I believe God directed my path to Wang vision, and that he uses this facility for his glory. Thank you Dr. Wang for who you are! May God continue to use you in his works.

by Sandra Owens on Apr 7th, 2013

I am very thankful for Dr. Wang, not only did my eyesight improve, but I did not have to go through a surgery. The procedure was non invasive and in general a positive experience.

by Kenneth Johnson on Apr 7th, 2013

Dr. Wang and his staff are very courteous and professional. My time was respected and I felt the process was efficient and thorough. I was very happy with my experience. The waiting area was very comfortable for my driver while they waited. I felt I spent very little time waiting! The surgery exceeded expectations. Having worn glasses for 30 years, and contacts for 26, it was amazing to no longer need either immediately after surgery!

by Hannah Elqady on Mar 23rd, 2013

At first I was so scared to have lasik done. Dr. Wang and his staff were wonderful. Everyone was so friendly and I literally couldn’t have asked for a better experience. The procedure also only took minutes. The assistants were so helpful and also held my hand to calm me down. I’ve never fel so comfortable. All I want to say is THANK YOU so much, Dr. Wang and staff for giving me the opportunity to see again!!

|  Awesome!  |  show details
by Kanh on Mar 19th, 2013

I’m so happy that I had Lasik! It’s the best thing that I’ve ever done for myself. The Doctors and staff are very nice, and the office is beautiful. I appreciate that Dr. Wang called me last night to check on me. I know how busy he is, but he still takes the time to call his patients.

by Babu K. on Mar 19th, 2013

I really enjoyed my experience with all of the staff I came in contact with during my treatment. Dr. Wang’s expertise is invaluable and we should be proud to have him in our town. He also has a foundation through which he has made a real difference in people’s lives. I am glad that I decided to have my lasik surgery here. I would highly recommend that anyone and everyone have their lasik performed by Dr. Wang.

by Babu Krishnasamy on Mar 18th, 2013

by Denim Keezer on Mar 5th, 2013

My wife and I are so incredibly grateful for everyone at WVI. We truly believe the Lord led us here. I had been to several other doctors who had all told me a cornea transplant was the only treatment for my condition. From our first visit with Dr. Brown and Dr. Wang, we could tell this was the right place to be. Their knowledge about karatoconus is astounding. They have given us other options and have given us a greater hope for the future. The loving attitude of the entire staff is also amazing. Every time we come in we are welcomed like family. We thank God for everyone at WVI. Thank you for EVERYTHING!

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
by Josh Stephens on Mar 5th, 2013

We were greeted with open arms by the most caring, friendly, and professional staff you could ever come by. They take care of you like family. They take time to look at every detail and are very knowledgeable. Willing to help in any way possible and answer your questions at any time. We were helped to understand the disease better and the process we were going through. Dr. Wang made us feel better about the situation and gave us hope that we didn’t believe we had with the disease. We are so grateful to have found Wang Vision Institute.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Jennifer Cornelius on Mar 5th, 2013

To see clear again…well ever since I was 5 years of age was always a dream of mine. Being and active child, avid in sports, a dairy farmer, and member of our military…I was hindered by bad eyesight. After the news of Lasik in the early 2000’s I was determined to be one of the patients to a great Dr. to fulfill my dream. I saved and saved and waited for my bad eyesight to stabilize. At the age of 33 and 5 years of saving I researched the Nashville/Tennessee area for the best of the best and I found it with Dr. Wang and his AMAZING team. It is hard to imagine, but true, that after all the love, care, concern, and pride in their jobs that in 13 seconds of Lasik it all came together “CRYSTAL CLEAR!”

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Casey Phifer on Mar 3rd, 2013

My first impression of Dr. Wang’s office and staff was how welcome they made me feel and how friendly they all were. I made an appointment for a consult on Monday, and the surgery was complete on Friday. I woke up on Saturday with 20/20 vision! My previous prescription was -6, and I had been wearing contacts/glasses since age 9. The procedure was truly amazing. It was quick, easy, and I ca see perfectly. I would like to touch again on Dr. Wang and his staff. You can tell they really care about helping people and making them feel comfortable. You’ve changed my life!

|  Best decision ever!  |  show details
by Nicholas Hord on Feb 27th, 2013

I chose to book an appointment with Dr. Ming Wang because of the personal testimonies and wonderful word of mouth reviews! Everyone i spoke with had a great experience and outcome with their LASIK, I was very impressed with the office itself, the employee's knowledge and professionalism, the doctor's care and expertise on LASIK, and Dr. Wang himself! He is the only doctor i don't mind seeing! No pun intended! My LASIK only took 15 minutes total, and i was seeing better right after surgery! The next morning i saw Dr. Wang for a post op appointment and my vision was better then 20/20! I couldn't be happier! I recently had a follow up (about 18 months later) and my vision is still just as great! If you wear glasses or contacts, see Dr. Wang at the Wang Vision Institute!

|  Thank You! Great Doctor!  |  show details
by Johnny Lyons on Feb 25th, 2013

To begin with I started having interest in Lasik surgery and booked appointments with different doctors so I would be well informed. Some doctors had warned me that lasik may not be my best option. Upon my visit with Dr. Wang I felt very comfortable. His staff is extremely friendly and bends over backwards for your comfort. After a very thorough exam Dr. Wang explained the possible concerns he had with what other doctors wanted to do and what he felt was the best way for me to proceed. His medical history, and valuable information that he gives you helps in your decision a great deal. Also his office was very quick to give me a GREAT deal and ways to finance that would work best with my budget. Needless to say I chose Dr. Wang for several reasons but I am still impressed afterwards at the amount of personal attention he applies to his patient. He actually called me at home to insure that I was okay and to answer any questions I may have had. With Dr. Wang you get way more than what you pay for. You will get a personal touch from his staff that will make you feel at home and a professional approach to give you exactly what you need to see better. My many thanks to Dr. Wang!

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
by Karen Hill on Feb 25th, 2013

I had an extremely positive experience with my eye surgery with Dr. Ming Wang. His staff is very helpful and professional. They take the time to answer all of your questions. I would recommend them to my friends and family.

|  Pleased with results!  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2013

The staff was always kind, courteous, and informative. They talked me through all of the tests and I was informed of exactly how my procedure was to be carried out. The procedure went well; I did have discomfort afterwards but knew I would. All the eye drops and schedule of drops was taxing at first. I could tell a noticeable difference in my vision after the surgery. Still healing, but PLEASED.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2013

I am so thankful for Dr. Wang and glad I decided to come to him for my 3D Lasik surgery. I felt very comfortable that I was in great hands and knew the results would be fantastic! During surgery he discovered that I have a genetic corneal disorder and now that we are aware of it, I can be sure to get my family tested, in order to avoid any potential vision loss. It’s important to have a doctor who is not only an expert in Lasik surgery, but who is also an expert in other diseases/disorders of the eye. Dr. Wang is fantastic and his fantastic and his staff are friendly and helpful. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR.WANG!

|  Highly recommended!  |  show details
by Ben Gray on Jan 17th, 2013

Dr. Wang is a very knowledgeable and personable practitioner. He has a very calm and confident demeanor which reassured me throughout my 3D Lasik process. Pre-op I was 20/400 without my contacts. One day post-op, I now have 20/15 vision and my discomfort is less than my daily contact lens discomfort. For someone like myself with near sightedness and astigmatism, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Wang! -Benjamin Gray

|  I would never entrust my vision to anyone else!  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2012

Out of curiosity, I read some of the reviews posted here before I posted this review, and I have to say I didn't experience ANY of the negative situations people presented here. I had a very difficult RX to treat, and other surgeons told me over and over "you are not a candidate for LASIK!" But a friend told me to go to Dr. Wang because he is often able to treat patients who haven't been candidates elsewhere because of his expertise & he uses the best technology! I'm glad I listened to my friend because I now have 20/15 vision! I've never been so free! :-) If Dr. Wang is so much more expensive than other surgeons (which was not my experience either--I shopped around, believe me!), then he's worth EVERY PENNY! Guys, don't bargain on your eyes!!! Go to Dr. Wang! They even offer 0% financing so it's not worth compromising when they make it affordable!

|  Lots of glCitz and a competent surgeon, but poor customer service.  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2012

Had several procedures performed by Dr Wang which went fine, but he's very expensive compared to other doctors in the area who are just as qualified (according to other optometrists and opthamologists in town). I suspect his prices are set so high (almost double in some cases) to pay for all the advertising. Impossible to get a phone call back for followup appointments. Very poor customer service in that regard.

|  My mom's cataract surgery was a success!  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

Dr Wang Is the world class eye specialist & did my mom's cataract surgery with premium lenses. I did my research beforehand & learned those lenses are more difficult to do, so since Mom was coming from California for her surgery, I wanted her to have the best!!! Well, she had such great results, That when her doctor back in CA checked her eyes a few weeks later, he said, " I can tell by looking at your eyes that your surgery was done by an EXPERT! ONLY a few surgeons in the world could've done a job of this caliber!! You picked the right doctor for sure!" Since then, my mom's friend has come from CA for her own surgery...& 2 more friends plan to come for theirs as well!!

|  Finally! No more contacts!!!  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

I am 23 years old, and I recently visited dr Wang for LASIK. I have played sports since I've been wearing contacts and have always had issues when playing football or basketball. Finally I no longer have to worry about it! The contacts also would get very uncomfortable after wearing them for longer then 10 hours. Anyway, I could not be more pleased with the results after my LASIK! Dr Wang's office was very professional and very thorough. It was a very smooth process in the clinic and a very quick procedure, only 15 minutes long! I recommend this procedure to anyone who not only is interested in LASIK already but even those who have not yet looked into it!-Nicholas

|  Dr. Wang is the best  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

Dr. Wang did my Lasik in 2007. so far still 20/20. I couldn't be happier with the results.

|  Lost Trust  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

I had wanted Dr Wang to do my eye surgery to remove cataracts since I first heard about him. I made an appointment and started the process. I wanted the laser surgery. And I needed Medicare to pay for it. I was told I had astigmatism and suggested I get the "Forever Young" lenses which would help with night driving and glares. I could get them at a reduced price if I spoke before a group about my experience. I agreed and scheduled the surgery. I called before the surgery to go over the eye drops and told them I really could not afford the "Forever Young" lenses and needed to cancel that. He told me that I could not get the laser surgery if I did not get the expensive lenses for astigmatism. So I canceled the surgery. I really felt mislead by Dr Wang and his office. They were well rehearsed and my sister, who had accompanied me, felt the same way. They had even charged my CC with the surgery I did not have and as of today, 2 months later and several phone calls, they have not paid back to my cc company. I had my surgery done by another doctor and it appears I did not have astigmatism. I did not need those expensive lenses. I just don't trust them anymore.

|  i love dr wang  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2012

I had my lasik surgery may 25 2012. From the time I walked in the door it felt like family. The friendly yet professional staff was amazing. While waiting I sat in a massage chair and drank star bucks coffee, which was provided, I was amazed at all the positive vibes in the air. Dr wang explained everything well and my surgery was flawless. 20\20 first time in over 30 years. I can't say enough wonderful things about dr. Wang his staff.

|  Dr Wang Fixed my sight.  |  show details
May 30th, 2012

Back to 20/20 in my left after under going the new state of the art laser Cataract surgery my vision is great. I got the forever young lens and I love it! After having a botched surgery from a different local doctor 12 years ago I decided to go to Wang Vision Institute. I have perfect vision in my left eye. Choosing the right DR is so important because I am still unable to see in the eye that was done by someone else, even after 12 yrs. I highly recommend Dr Wang. I just love him to death and consider him a personal friend.

|  I came from South Florida  |  show details
Dec 28th, 2011

My local opthalmologist suggested Dr. Wang in Nashville to correct my vision because it was very complicated issue. He didn't feel anyone else could do it properly because of Dr. Wangs high tech equipment and skill that most other eye surgins don't have. It only cost me an extra $200 for the plane trip but let me say it was worth it! God bless this incredible man. My vision is absolutely perfect. Don't look for a bargain price when it comes to your eyes. They are now replaceable.MB

|  Egomanic-Overpriced and oversell.  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2011

I take no exception with the actual surgery I had...it was the entire experience which was appalling.Dr. Wang charges $2000 more than other qualified doctors in the area for an accommodating lens. Although he may be brilliant for difficult and exotic surgeries, his Lasik and cataract practice is a cattle call with every tech you see selling the next procedure.The actual surgical experience was a series of amateur mistakes. The surgery was fine but I was overlooked on the list and waited two hours after my appointed time for the procedure, was sent home without prescriptions or eye patch, and had to call the surgical center and the office and the surgical center again to have them call in the prescriptions. The after surgery drops cost nearly $400, the same generics after my next surgery (from Dr. Loden) cost $24.His literature would have you believe he is the only competent doctor to perform cataract surgery and justifies overcharging for a simple procedure by the fact that he does so many of them.

|  Dr Wang is the best!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Apr 16th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I had LASIK done by Dr Wang 7 months ago and I could not be happier with my whole experience at Wang Vision. My vision is perfect, but with ...

|  Wang Vision Office  |  show details
by Terry on Feb 10th, 2009

This doctor and the staff are one of, if not the best to go to.I have never seen a doctor with so much wisdom in what he does, yet not a hint of pride or hint of "Im better than you attitude" He calls everyone the same night to see how they are doing! It seems everytime I turn around he is in the news, with a story on how he donate his time and gift of sight to another person. Everytime I go to the office, I see the same thing from him and his sweet staff. They are a constant, and to me that shows alot in someone. to get a whole office on the same page like that, wow!!!!

|  You will not regret it.  |  show details
by BobD6 on Feb 6th, 2009

My experience at the Wang Vision Institute was wonderful.I had Lasik done on my left eye, and it feels amazing. I can see perfectly again, I feel so rejuvenated. The whole process was flawless.Dr. Wang is so professional, you can't go wrong when if you choose him. He even called me the night of the surgery to make sure I was alright! He Really cares about his patients. When my Doctor told me to look into Lasik, I had heard so much about Dr. Wang, but I wanted to see what else was out there. After going to two other doctors in the surrounding area, I chose Dr. Wang over the others. I am so glad with my decision and I hope others will do the same as me.

|  Very pleased with the results  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 26th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I am very pleased with my LASIK results at the Wang Vision Institute! The sharpness of objects has been a wonderful change. Dr. Wang w...

|  Dr. Wang is a World Class Doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 25th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

My experience there is simply amazing.The staff was so nice and helpful, and Dr. Wang made me feel very comfortable letting him treat my...