inactive

Mingsang Lin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

August 15th, 2016
Dr. Lin is excellent

March 22nd, 2016
Dr. Mingsang Lin is the best, most professional and gentle Doctor to be found.

January 6th, 2014
He has been my doctor since 14 years old (and I'm 31). He has always been patient through all my health issues and continues to do a greag job!!

December 17th, 2013
No Referral
I was involved in an car accident and was deferred from him because "he doesn't treat those injuries". I called several times and each time I was told I couldn't. I asked for numbers of specialist or other doctors I could see and was given "I don't know" and check it yourself answers.

September 11th, 2013
Changed
The most outstanding memory with Dr. Lin is he rushes with his patient, me. I was suffering with back pain, I had a lump on my back and all he did was tell me, "no need for xray, it is going to go away by itself". How dare can a doctor diagnose without any sort of tests. I just felt that Dr. Lin didn't have the passion for me as his patient who was suffering pain. His staff needs customer service training for a healthcare setting. This doctor's office can greatly improve if the doctor and his staff would have passionate hearts for the human beings they see. Thank you.

August 31st, 2013
Best Doctor
VERY kind and caring doctor and staff. I would recommend Dr. Lin to my family and friends, and anyone who is looking for a doctor with a heart.

August 25th, 2013
The worst experience
I'm switching doctors after only 3 visits. I was misdiagnosed, I couldn't get a referral, and the receptionist was tired, angry, rude, bitter and unreasonable.

July 21st, 2013
nice guy, but wouldn't recommend
Dr. Lin listens very well and is very attentive. Unfortunately I had to switch after 4 appointments. I first went in for back pain, which he diagnosed as a pulled muscle, but later that day I had body chills, a fever, and very bad back pain, went in the very next day to find out it was a kidney infection. My third appointment I went in to get the H1N1 shot and had a violent reaction to it and I went in for the last time; to which he gave me a variety of medicine which did not help, so I went to my parents doctor who then told me all the medicine I was given wasn't the right type of medicine. after seeing my new physician with different medicines, I started feeling better that night. I might have had unfortunate events with him, but I haven't had any events like that with my new doctor.

March 11th, 2011
Excellent healthcare provider
I have been a patientfor many years, this doctoris very knowledgeable aboutthe latest advances in medical technology.

September 21st, 2010
Go to another doctor.

September 9th, 2010
Doctor with Heart
I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Lin. He is what I truly consider a Dr. with a Heart. I have been his patient for over 10 years and remain impressed by his patience and kindness. I never feel rushed during an exam, he is very attentive when I respond to his questions, and he takes the time to explain everything in a very knowledgeable and detailed fashion. Sometimes there is a language barrier as English is not my first language, so it is not unusual that to help explain himself he will even draw me a diagram to illustrate what he is saying! He himself is also bilingual (he speaks Mandarin).To give an example of his compassion and thoughtfulness, I was diagnosed with cancer a while back. I told him when the diagnosis was confirmed and explained I would need to reschedule my next appointment months later because I needed complete my cancer treatment and therapy. Dr. Lin called me several times during the course of the cancer treatment just to see how I was holding up and I was very touched that he would go out of his way to follow up with me personally. I felt like he was sincerely concerned about my well-being as he was so supportive during one of the darkest periods of my life.His staff are also equally courteous and very accommodating. I would whole-heartedly recommend Dr. Lin to anyone who is looking for a doctor who not only excels professionally, but has a wonderful bed-side manner.

April 16th, 2010
Worst most arrogant doctor i've ever been to
I would never recommend this doctor to someone, unless I never wanted them to get better. Dr. Lin was arrogant and rude. He made me cry and then he was dismissive about it and tried to send me out into the waiting room crying. He told me that a spinal injury I have that is causing numbness in my legs is "just something that i'm going to have to live with", and that there were treatments for my complaints but I dont want them. He told me I dont want them. I told him, no, I do, and he blew me off. I had to twist his arm for a referral to an orthopedic doctor, since clearly Dr. Lin knew nothing of my problem. He tried to tell me that a bone spur I have is a zit. I told him how painful something is and he prodded at it for a full minute before telling me he isn't sure but a zit is related to it. He only was painfully prodding at it to prove that there was a zit there! Ah! And there wasn't even one! He also arrogantly added when giving me the list of orthopedic doctors that every one of them will say the same thing he just said. Which is completely not the case. He was unknowledgable, cold and arrogant. He ended the appointment abruptly without any sort of treatment or recommended lifestyle changes.Plus they have the air conditioner turned up way too high.