Dr. Minh Thieu MD Patient Reviews

July 12th, 2016
I have been coming to Dr. Thieu for skin checks for my moles for 2 years. She is attentive to my concerns and her staff is very accomodating with appointments. My husband and son also go to her now too.

May 5th, 2016
I had a good experience. The doctor saw me promptly and explained clearly to me my skin condition. The office staff was nice as well.

March 14th, 2016
Had several visits with Dr. Thieu. Appreciate the professional and caring manner from Dr. Thieu. Courteous and friendly staff. All in all, a very pleasant experience.

March 8th, 2016
I was able to make an appointment to see her urgently for a spot that I was very concerned about. The doctor removed the spot for me and also treated my other skin issues all in the same visit. I am very satisfied my visit.

January 14th, 2016
Excellent experience. Dr. Thieu was patient, and she took time to give me a thorough exam and explain my treatment.

January 9th, 2016
The office was nice looking and well-kept. It was easy to make an appointment, and the staff was friendly. I was impressed that Dr. Thieu cared about how my prescriptions could potentially cost. She gave me coupons to help with the cost and told me that if anything costs too much to contact her and she will work around it.

December 8th, 2015
I have been suffering from acne for most of my adult life. I have tried all kinds of face products at the pharmacy and nothing helped for my big zits. The doctor thought that the acne was related to my hormones being imbalanced and gave me a pill to take. It has helped a lot after 1 month. I should have seen her sooner.

December 1st, 2015
Doctor surgically removed a growth on my back last week. My wife took care of the wound before stitches were removed and she said the stitch job looked very good. Surgery was done in the office and was suprised that it was mostly painless. Much better than when I've been to the dentist. Cant complain.

October 30th, 2015
i have taken my kid to her 2 times to have warts and other things treated. she is very gentle with treatment and is very nice. she tries to make it painless for my child. we came on a saturday both times and it was convenient.

October 27th, 2015
Overall, an excellent first visit. The office was very accommodating and I was able to get an appointment right away for a terrible rash that all of a sudden erupted. The doctor had good bedside manner. The medication she prescribed work. I would come back in the future.

October 20th, 2015
I made appt before i was to get a chemical peel. To discuss details. I made an appt. I took off a week of work for after peel recuperation. I went for peel. Dr thieu seemed confused. She didn't have a fan in her office .said that jenifer took home.. i was puzzled. She kept leaving room and coming back. Handed ne a wet paper towel and left again.. she finally returned with assistant who hand fanned me with a brochure.. although it didnt realky burn that much. My family and friends said it didnt even look like i had a peel .. i called monday and drove back to office. It seems dr thieu doesnt realy do peels. Someone named jenifer does.. needless to say i was extremely disappointed. As dr theiu discussed in consulation that me face would look pretty beat up after peel. Which again i know i had before with my previous dr who retired.. yet my face barelywas peeling.. i was charged 250.00 i paid alot more thsn previous doctor and got way less results.. she said that this was a new kind of peel .and u can return to work after this peel.. i took off a whole from work . To get peel to look nice for upcoming holidays.. dr thieu said she would redo peel free. I wanted a refund.. i will go back.. but was a real diappointment. It seened lke dr thieu never even listened to me..
Doctor's Response

Degree of peeling is not indicative of how much results you will get from a peel. The usual TCA (trichloroacetic acid) peel, which you have had before led to a lot of peeling and raw, red looking skin in the first few days. The newer TCA peel technology, such as the TCA-LP peel by Glytone that you received is the same 25% TCA strength, but it has the addition of stabilizing molecules which reduces the raw redness immediately following the peel. You still get the peeling skin from the newer Glytone peel, but this happens much later after the peel (usually 7-9 days after the peel) rather than immediately. The benefits of the newer peel is that you get less downtime, and the peeling occurs later and is more gradual. The newer TCA peel from Glytone would also cost more because it has additional stablizing materials that is not found in the plain TCA peel. I would be happy to discuss this in further detail with you in person and to clarify any miscommunication that may have taken place.

October 2nd, 2015
My experience was very good. Problem was treated and I was asked if there was anything else. Usually, some Drs are very quick to run out of the room, and barely listen to you. Very happy with Dr. and Staff.