Dr. Minisha Sood MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 19th, 2016
Not satisfied with Doctor
Dr. Sood was a horrible Doctor! Her bedside manner is extremely poor and she lacks kindness, empathy and warmth. She does not like to answer questions from her patients and makes you feel extremely uncomfortable. I do not recommend her to anyone.

October 25th, 2015
Excellent Dr. I will always recomment her any time.

October 12th, 2015
Kudos to Dr. Sood
Dr. Sood is just wonderful her bedside manners are impeccable, she attentively listened and answered all my questions with such professionalism. For the first time in my quest to get my body right I finally felt like I was speaking to a human being not a robot doctor.

May 26th, 2015
Good Doctor
I started going to doctor Sood on my doctors recomendation for my diabetes & thyroid. I like her very much. I have seen a few endocrinologists and always went back to my primary care. I have been going to her for a few years now and I have found that she helped. My A1c has never been better. It take a while to get an appointment but I usually try to make in advance so I can get in when I want to.

May 13th, 2015
horrible
This doctor did not treat me as a doctor. She gave me no information on my condition, listened to my horrible symptoms and gave me no reassurance or advice, had a temper with a first question, left me to my own devices to decide upon a surgery, and then gave me bad advice and generally not accountable for any negative actions. I wasted about a year of going to her as she told me to come for timely routine blood draws but was not there for any issues with my confusing health questions and symptoms. I felt good to have received a letter from her office that it had moved with the new contact address and number and I stayed with her after my initial appointment but doctor neglect can equal ill health, which is harm to a patient. It has just been stressful the run-around I received from her and the blatant disregard for my health. I do believe she treated some patients as a doctor should, but that was not my experience.

April 13th, 2015
Helped me with some difficult decisions
I was recently diagnosed with Graves disease and I was reluctant to treat it because I was worried about weight gain. I felt conflicted and torn. I went to go see Dr. Sood on a referral and she was a tremendous help and comfort. She took all my concerns into considerations, had me go through some additional testing and got me to a place where I felt comfortable. It was a somewhat long process but my concerns were really eased so we went ahead with treatment. Now my disease is under control and so is my weight.

April 13th, 2015
A physician's physician
I was reluctant to treat my own endocrine condition and was referred to Dr. Sood. Inasmuch as I teach medical students and residents on a regular basis and see many of my own patients every week, I had a very clear idea of what I was looking for in my own doctor: in-depth clinical knowledge, cost-effective decision making ability, empathy (physicians also feel helpless when ill), professionalism and patience. I found all of these qualities in great abundance in Dr. Sood. She took a careful history of my problem, performed a remarkably complete physical examination and arrived at a logical approach to my problem. She called me with laboratory results as soon as they were available and "checked in" on several occasions just to be sure everything was OK. Judging by many of the reviews on this website, I was not given preferential treatment because I am a phyisican. Apparently, her approach to me is her "modus operandi" and I would be very proud if she were one of my former students. I would add that Dr. Sood's practice is well run, ideally situated and staffed by a group of well-trained office assistants and a very helpful office manager. I rarely submit reviews of any sort but I could not resist this one - physicians like Dr. Sood must be encouraged and praised whenever the opportunity arises,

April 9th, 2015
Great doctor, nice person, good advice and treatment. Pretty nice office too! I highly recommend her if you need to see and endocrinologist in New York.

April 8th, 2015
A good doctor and a good human being
I have seen a lot of doctors in my life (I am late 50s), and I think we are pretty lucky to have good medical care in this country by and large. One thing though I am not impressed with is how bad most docs are in relating to others even as they give you good medical treatment. A lot of times I feel like they look at me as a problem in a textbook rather than a real person. I understand that they have to be a bit detached, but come on a little bit of empathy goes a long way. I wanted to write this review of Dr. Sood because she has a really good way with people. She is well trained and professional but what really stands out is that she treats you like a human being. That in my humble opinion is a big deal and makes all the difference in the world when you are dealing with medical issues. Thanks for reading my review.

April 7th, 2015
Really helped after thyroid surgery
I had thyroid surgery late last year and the doctor who was helping me didn't follow up enough. I would have tests done and that doctor would sometimes take a while to follow-up and even then I wouldn't feel like I fully understood what the results were. So I switched to Dr Sood on someone's recommendation. I cannot be happier that I made the switch. Dr Sood is so good about following up and she explains the results really well. Before my surgery I would have thought no big deal but now that i have been through it it really makes a big difference. I understand things now and I know she is looking out for me. My mind is at ease more, as much as it could be after the surgery.

April 5th, 2015
Mid life diabetes - Dr Sood a help
I was sent to hospital some time ago and during that stay they found out I have diabetes. This was a shock since I am nearly 50 and it is a hard thing to find out at that age. Dr. Sood helped me with my diabetes and my diabetes numbers. The important A1 measure fell by a lot so my treatment has been successful. i am so greatful to Dr. Sood. She is a great doctor.

April 4th, 2015
Someone good on my side through a difficult time
I saw Dr Sood recently she is an excellent doctor she spent time with me and really listens. She is quite busy and I couldn't just make the appointment at the last minute but that is okay because if she weren't busy that would mean no one wants to see her! I have an unusual condition but she really helped me understand what was happening and what my options are. I am hopeful about getting better but what really helps is knowing someone smart and caring is on my side. Thank you Dr Sood and I hope you can help others the way you helped me.