Dr. Mir Varquez MD Patient Reviews

no change

October 11th, 2016
Best doctor around.
She is a great doctor!!!! She has saved my life 2 times. If you need help she is the one. She is very very knowledgeable and sweet. I trust her more than any doctor.

March 19th, 2016
Tried to sell me a weight loss program and did not stay focused on treating my ailment.

November 1st, 2012
Dr. Varquez is GREAT!!!!!!!
Dr. Varquez cares very much for her patients, I have called her and got a call back from her nurses the same day! I have waited days or a week for a return call from my family dr. Dr. Varquez has saved my life more than once, and I trust her not only for myself , but also with my family members. Cullman should be proud to have such a wonderful physican!

July 31st, 2009
Office Staff/Nurses
I am a patient of Dr. Varquez. She is one wonderful doctor. Dr. Varquez is a very smart person and is very caring. However, her office staff and nurses are not!! I have had several problems with medication refills and changes due to reactions to the meds or price of the meds and needed a generic. Each time you call into the office to speak with a nurse do NOT expect them to know anything about the meds you are currently taking, because they do NOT look at your chart. Nor do they even try to find the chart. Therefore, you also have to have a great phramacy since they do NOT look at your chart, they are very likely to call in a medication you can not take. I have called and ask for a medication to be called in and they have told me they were calling it in right then, but when I arrived at the pharamcy they have no knowledge of the call in. This happened on a Friday night and I have asthma(this was an inhaler). Upon calling the office back Monday morning and telling them how I had to cope over the weekend with an almost empty inhaler, the nurse blamed the pharamcy saying they lost the call in order! Then a month later, same deal almost, I called and ask for my inhaler to be changed (just needed a larger size so it would last longer and be more cost effective). I did not need the meds that very day, so a couple of weeks later had another med to fill, I went into the pharamcy to fill both meds and guess what??? Who didn't know that the call in med wasn't there. Again, I called the office back got a different nurse ( you never get the same one ) and she said well I don't have his chart what is the medication you need? I explained to her what was going on and again she blames the pharamcy saying they must have lost the call in order. I think this must be office policy....tell the patient a lie to try and cover your coworkers butt!!! As for the doctor, I really like her and do not want to change to another, but I am going to have to see if she will do something to fix this problem or I will have to go to another doctor. Remember, you hire your doctor. If you treated your customers this way or your employer found out you were lying to their clients, would you still have your job?Just one patients experience.If you have had similar experiences please speak up!!