Dr. Mira Hellmann MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 23rd, 2016
She's the best!
Had a very difficult issue to be addressed. Was in her care for over a year. Highly recommend her.

April 21st, 2015
Wonderful Physician
I went to Dr. Hellmann for a hysterectomy. I had Uterine cancer. Dr. Hellmann was wonderful. She was so sweet and compassionate. She answered all of my questions. I never felt rushed. She took all the time that I needed.

February 26th, 2015
She saved my moms life, my family is forever in her debt for that. Amazing woman, amazing surgeon.

October 28th, 2012
excellent doctor. excellent surgeon. sometimes difficult to get in touch with

September 20th, 2012
Shocked
At first i saw a young,caring and patient doctor.I had to have two biopsy's close together and wound up hemoraging and going to local hosp. to find out the dr. on call never told dr.hellman I was going to hosp. my local hosp did say you had 2 procedures so close together.I didn't think Dr. hellman did anything wrong still was confident in her.until the day of my hysterectomy what happened to Dr.Hellman rwj hosp was awful and she seemed like a diff. Dr. in there. After procedure that took far longer than told up in my room not knowing anything but pain asked for a dr. which the nurse said you only had hysterectomy I knew something was wrong by the amount of pain. day2 no dr. hellman dealt with vicious nurse wanting a dr.get a resident I have pnemonia didn't feel sick no fever still want my dr.day3 should be going home but I am not but don't know why because no dr. hellman. however the covering dr.neeves was kind and compassionate. oh i did see dr. hellman for about a min she says your small intestine fell during surgery no big deal. ok but the pain and when am I going home but she was gone already.If it wasn't for her associate I would've flipped more. so after day4 I can go home still no dr. hellman. obviously mistakes happen but explain to me. i still don't know what is going on with the colon. spoken to lawyer he told me go for the follow up.i will have major anxiety seeing a dr. who i trusted and bragged about. i feel the whole rwj experience was definitely not the place to go. I should've stayed in my area. never ever would I now say anything good about dr.hellman and the hosp. was even worse. nurses should pick another profession.I was a quiet and scared patient couldn't imagine if i was elderly.

March 29th, 2011
Dr. Hellmann & her team are fabulous
I was under the care of Dr. Hellmann for months. In and out of the hospital numerous times all of which culminated in surgery. Dr. Hellmann and/or one of her associates made the time to see me and speak with me daily. If I missed a follow up, the Office was calling me - this is the level of caring and concern shown to patients. Their compassion allowed me to shed the tears that I so desperately need to shed. I couldn't ask for anything more from a Doctor - and I don't. I continue to see Dr. Hellmann even though she is now outside my network. She is worth every penny - as is her staff. Her nurse practitioner Michelle is that "just right" combination of being pragmatic and positive at the same time.

August 27th, 2010
This Dr. Is Just Awful
She walked into the room, and she looks exhausted and beaten down. She then proceed to diagnose cancer (correct) and detail that she thought the surgery would not be successful (not-correct). She left in about 10 minutes, this included exam and also consultation. Much too quick for this type of interaction. She was so cold, uncaring and disheartening that we sought a second opinion. New doctor was much more optimistic, kind and performed the surgery and managed to get optimal surgery. Enjoying life now no thanks to this awful awful awful woman. Please do not go to her, if you can help it request other doctors. She was so terrible that I actually searched out some type of forum in which i can warn others to stay out of her office. SHe's not trustworthy, not caring, not correct and she's clearly exhausted. She is in the wrong line of work, and for your best heath please seek a doctor who is motivated to save your life. It's so important. PLEASE stay away from her. Other doctors in this RWJ Cancer center are wonderful, knowledgeable doctors.

June 10th, 2010
Dr. Hellmann is very professional, caring, and willing to go the extra distance toprovide top quaility care. She is an excellent surgeon.