Dr. Miriam Aponte MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 25th, 2016
Bad advice
This doctor tried treating me for a while and nothing wasn't working. The problem I have is she somehow made me feel something wrong with me be aside nothing was working. Meds only work for 50% of people. She could have suggested maybe another plan for me. She also wanted me to settle with my condition( that I wasn't going to get any better)

March 28th, 2016
PATIENT
EXELLENT DR

February 5th, 2016
Dr.Aponte is very well educated and a great psychiatrist. She really does care about her patients.

November 18th, 2015
Dr. Aponte is excellent.
Dr Aponte is excellent, after being dealing with depression for years she got the right treatment. She is nice and professional.

December 16th, 2014
The best after 5 others I tried
excellent doctor, caring, good advice, listens well and supports patients with compassion and true professionalism

September 9th, 2013
Excellent with Medication Choices
This doctor has been the best for getting me through my major depression. I have tried several over the years in this area--this one is the only one who had original ideas that led to relief. Thank you, Dr. Aponte!

June 9th, 2012
Dr. Aponte Failed to monitor lithium; Heart attack resulted
When taking lithium, one must have REGULAR blood tests to monitor the lithium level in the body, as lithium can, and does, over time, become toxic. Dr. Aponte not only failed to monitor my lithium levels on a timely basis, she also failed to recognize the extreme visible symptoms (course tremors, extreme nausea resluting in drastic weight loss) when I visited her office over the course of 5 months. I had a heart attack as a direct result of lithium poisoning, lost 50 lbs, and am in cardiac rehab for 6 months. Even after the heart attack and hospital diagnosis, Dr. Aponte never acknowledged what happened. She even became hostile and defensive toward me. BEWARE!Also, she complained bitterly that Medicare wasn't paying her...I checked with Medicare; the problem was that Dr. Aponte did not file her claims on a timely basis. BEWARE!

January 16th, 2012
Dr. Aponte tends to take up session time with insurance payment discussions. Also, one week she may be friendly, the next week she may be brooding or seems to be in a bad mood. She HAS to be right and gets defensive if you question anything she says.

May 4th, 2011
Professional and doesn't waste time....
I have been seeing Dr. Aponte off and on since 06' and she is very easy to work with and listens to what I have to say unlike some others I have worked with. She is willing to try a variety of treatments when one does not work and is sensitive to your needs as a patient. She also has a good sense of humor and I like that. I have been treated for "bi-polar light", depression and anxiety (GAD). I am very sensitive to meds so it has been a journey. She is a quality physician and I have referred others to her.