Family Physicians, General Practitioner, Internist

2730 S Val Vista Dr
Ste 175
Gilbert, AZ 85295
480-812-3636
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  retired  |  show details
by larry w on Aug 12th, 2013

I am generally satisfied with Miriam. she is reserved, very business like and serious, not overly personable. sure more satisfied with her than i was with walmer. she will spend time with me, doesn't act like she has no time for me. doesn't feel like she is a fee based doctor, run you in, run you out.

|  Poor bedside service  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2012

Staff at dr office were nice but dr really didn't care to address my reason for the visit. She was more concerned about taking a cell phone call that sounded personal not business related. Seems like management and staff make excuses for her, she needs to retire.

|  Cold as Ice & Just the facts  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2010

I found Dr. Arce to be diligent in gathering my medical info but very lacking bedside manner and empathy. She did not show any current medical knowledge or awareness of my major concern. When I described my back & nec pain from Fibromyalgia, she quickly said Oh, there's no cure for it -you just have to live with it! I felt this was very insentive & ignorant response to a modern day medical problem. She did give me a script for physical therapy after I asked, but I don't plan to follow-up with her. I will keep searching for a doctor who is more current in modern medicine and sensitve to my needs.

|  another ignored patient  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2009

I have struggled many times dealing with Dr. Arce's staff and their voice mail system. Have left numerous messages regarding prescriptions and test results and rarely get any notification back. The staff, office personnel and management are at best unresponsive and apathetic. Schedules and availability and terrible. East Valley Internal medicine is one of the worst places to deal with. This place treats you like cattle. I would score it one star but i looks like that is not an option.

|  You've heard of three strikes...  |  show details
by ignored patient on Jan 2nd, 2009

If it weren't for the wonderful office staff, I would have changed doctors a long time ago. Here's a list of "miscommunications" the doctor and I have had in the course of my time with her. 1. I was sick, and when I went to visit her she tried to tell me I had allergies yet wouldn't send me for allergy testing or prescribe anything for allergies. When I went to the emergency room 2 days later, they told me I had bronchitis, and even the ER doc looked concerned and confused that my doctor claimed it was allergies, yet wouldn't do anything.2. I advised the doctor I had a bad reaction to hydrocodone (makes me pass out with little warning), yet the same day I tell her this, she prescribes a cold medication that has hydrocodone in it (I didn't realize it till after I had a fainting spell).3.My refills had run out on a regular prescription, so on dec 22nd I had the pharmacy call in the refill request which gave me 6 days before I had to continue with the next supply. This should have been plenty of time even with the holiday, but as of the 31st, the pharmacy had not heard back from my doctor, and when I tried calling the doctor I can't leave a message or get a pager number because the phone service she uses is full, and I am more than 4 days without the next month of pills. Three strikes and this doc is way out of my book. She wouldn't listen to my concerns, and I felt like her staff paid more attention to me than she did. I gave her plenty of chances at the risk to my own health, but no more. Do not choose this doctor unless you like being ignored, and possibly maltreated.

|  Not my kind of Doctor  |  show details
by toniparma on Oct 30th, 2006 on kudzu.com

During my visits, I was pushed through like a herd of cattle. I was not listened to and was spoken to in a curt manner when I was sick and needed guidance. I stopped going to this doctor because I wanted someone to listen to me and guide me to resources when needed.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com