Dr. Miriam Arce Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Miriam Arce?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

June 3rd, 2016

Non -responsive to messages left for Doctor with MA

I have been a patient at this clinic for 15 years. My original doctor whom I loved and trusted is no longer there and I was referred to Doctor Arce. I have now been a patient of Dr. Arce's for approximately five years. I have always had a hard time getting my regular daily prescription(s) refilled as needed. When I call for refills or my pharmacy calls for refills there is never a response in a reasonable amount of time. Numerous calls must be made by me as well as the pharmacy I use delaying the prescriptions by days. I was scheduled for an outpatient surgery with my Breast Cancer Surgeon but ended up with bronchitis days before surgery and called Dr. Arce's office for an appointment in order to get started on antibiotics as soon as possible. I could not get in soon enough and ended up at Urgent Care one evening as I could not breathe. After being treated by a General Practitioner at Urgent Care for Bronchitis I rescheduled my surgery. Two days before surgery my lungs were heavy(I also have asthma), I could not breathe and I had thrush in my mouth from the antibiotics. I called Dr. Arce for an appointment once again. I was able to get in the same day. During my appointment I spoke to the doctor's MA about calling in for refills and leaving messages with her (the MA) and getting no response or call back. She stated she was new, had been there for two weeks which was also the timeline that the pharmacy and I had been calling but made no apologies or excuses why there was no response. When I spoke with Dr. Arce I told her the same thing, asked her if it was her or her MA who was accountable for the lack of response for refills of medication and I still received no response. It is now two days later and I still don't have the medication for thrush which is very painful and I am unable to eat because of the pain. The pharmacy states that the Dr. was not clear on the quantity or frequency of the medication to be used and she or her MA did not respond yesterday or today, correcting the dosage so I can get the mediation needed. I called and left a message for the MA at 2:30 this afternoon. It is now 3:40 p.m. on a Friday....Do you think I will have the medication I need before MONDAY?

April 6th, 2016

Been going to her for about 15 years. She is pretty accurate in her diagnosis of illness and takes time to explain things to me. She has ordered tests to verify things and follows up on your progress. I have had options to change doctors, but like her a lot.

August 12th, 2013

retired

I am generally satisfied with Miriam. she is reserved, very business like and serious, not overly personable. sure more satisfied with her than i was with walmer. she will spend time with me, doesn't act like she has no time for me. doesn't feel like she is a fee based doctor, run you in, run you out.

April 18th, 2012

Poor bedside service

Staff at dr office were nice but dr really didn't care to address my reason for the visit. She was more concerned about taking a cell phone call that sounded personal not business related. Seems like management and staff make excuses for her, she needs to retire.

April 30th, 2010

Cold as Ice & Just the facts

I found Dr. Arce to be diligent in gathering my medical info but very lacking bedside manner and empathy. She did not show any current medical knowledge or awareness of my major concern. When I described my back & nec pain from Fibromyalgia, she quickly said Oh, there's no cure for it -you just have to live with it! I felt this was very insentive & ignorant response to a modern day medical problem. She did give me a script for physical therapy after I asked, but I don't plan to follow-up with her. I will keep searching for a doctor who is more current in modern medicine and sensitve to my needs.

October 20th, 2009

another ignored patient

I have struggled many times dealing with Dr. Arce's staff and their voice mail system. Have left numerous messages regarding prescriptions and test results and rarely get any notification back. The staff, office personnel and management are at best unresponsive and apathetic. Schedules and availability and terrible. East Valley Internal medicine is one of the worst places to deal with. This place treats you like cattle. I would score it one star but i looks like that is not an option.

January 2nd, 2009

You've heard of three strikes...

If it weren't for the wonderful office staff, I would have changed doctors a long time ago. Here's a list of "miscommunications" the doctor and I have had in the course of my time with her. 1. I was sick, and when I went to visit her she tried to tell me I had allergies yet wouldn't send me for allergy testing or prescribe anything for allergies. When I went to the emergency room 2 days later, they told me I had bronchitis, and even the ER doc looked concerned and confused that my doctor claimed it was allergies, yet wouldn't do anything.2. I advised the doctor I had a bad reaction to hydrocodone (makes me pass out with little warning), yet the same day I tell her this, she prescribes a cold medication that has hydrocodone in it (I didn't realize it till after I had a fainting spell).3.My refills had run out on a regular prescription, so on dec 22nd I had the pharmacy call in the refill request which gave me 6 days before I had to continue with the next supply. This should have been plenty of time even with the holiday, but as of the 31st, the pharmacy had not heard back from my doctor, and when I tried calling the doctor I can't leave a message or get a pager number because the phone service she uses is full, and I am more than 4 days without the next month of pills. Three strikes and this doc is way out of my book. She wouldn't listen to my concerns, and I felt like her staff paid more attention to me than she did. I gave her plenty of chances at the risk to my own health, but no more. Do not choose this doctor unless you like being ignored, and possibly maltreated.

February 22nd, 2017