Overall Review

3.3

May 12th, 2015
for years mom my hada black dot on her foot,doctors would just say it was a mole. we took her to dr.casals and she sent us for a second opinion .cancer.if it wasnt for her quick action /concern,my mom wouldnt have a foot today.

February 10th, 2015
2 Hour Wait Please
I went to Dr. Casal about 7 years ago and regretted it. She treated my issue every 2 weeks with no progress. This occurred for 2 months until I became fed up with the lack of progress. Started home treatment and within a month my issue had resolved itself. Average wait time in her office 2 to 2.5 hours.

October 8th, 2014
A big head ache
Due to a mistake on the part of the clerical staff i had a lab bill going to a collections agency.While making mistakes for humans is somewhat understandable , not following up on them is unprofessional and unacceptable. The clerical staff entered the wrong address on my medical form even though i provided them with a correctly filled form, NY State ID and Insurance card.I got a proof of that when i called Dr.Casal's office asking them what address they had on file for me. When they sent my lab work for tests, they provided the wrong address info with it. The lab could not bill me at my current address due to the fact that the address info was incomplete so they pulled up my old address. That caused the lab bill to get lost until i got a call from a collection Agency. I called the lab and they do not have any account # on my name. I Dr. Casal's office staff to help out resolve this matter with the hope that they would do something to fix it. 2 weeks later while my bill is still at a collection agency. I will file further complaints to proper authority. It's my responsibility to pay the bill but it I need to be provided with one.

August 8th, 2013
Random Charges
I just received a bill in the mail from 10 months ago labeled as a "New Office Visit". I went to this doctor 2 times, and they are charging me $160, $80 for each time I went as a new visit charge. I was never informed of the new office visit charge and when I call the office to complain about the charge no one answers the phone. Not to mention the prescription she gave me for tinea versicolor did not work as well as other medications I have received.

February 28th, 2013
When I first called to make a an appt. they told me that there would be a co-pay depending on my insurance, when I went I paid the co-pay and they scheduled a follow-up (so there goes another co-pay), I stopped going for follow ups because I have the prescriptions that I need, but 4 months later I get a bill in the mail for $80 for a "new office visit charge" that I was never informed about! I am still fighting with the office to remove the charge.

September 2nd, 2011
Not good for Adult acne!
i went to see her 10 weeks before my wedding regarding Adult Acne. I expected to get proper advice and best treatment to take care of the problem so i can have clear skin by my wedding(or minimal acne breakouts atleast). I was prescribed oral meds. and on top of that her assitant suggested face wash, and moisturizer so i bought them expecting it will help me. The moisturizer was not oil free and it was for dry skin and very heavy.I went to see Dr. Casal 6 times and each time she would try something new (switch medication, suggest topical ointment)and despite all that i did not see even slight improvement. She never suggested Laser treatment for acne treatment. She knew i was getting married soon! Laser would have cleared up my acne or atleast minimized it. The doctor tends to rush through her session.It was a total waste of my time and money. Look for another dermatologist outside of her office if you need help with your acne.

December 22nd, 2010
unprofessional
If you want to save your time do not go to this doctor especially fornt desk employee are so mean ,rude and very unprofessional.