Dr. Miroslav Kovacevic MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 2nd, 2013
This doctor cares
Both myself and twin brother have been treated by Dr. K with IVIG. Dr. Kovacevic is a one person operation which restricts how many patients he can treat. He does however truly care about his patients. I would recommend him if you have PANS. He is there and stays with you. He establishes a relationship with the Patient. He is quirky and has a strange sense of humor. However a non quirky doctor would probably not treat a "new" disease. I would highly recommend him because he builds a relationship with his patients especially post IVIG.

July 13th, 2012
Excellent Doctor for difficult cases
Dr. Kovacevik is an excellent doctor. If you have a very difficult condition to evaluate he is one of the best clinicians to have on your side. He will dig into the available research to find conditions and possibilities other doctors will not consider. He had a solution for CFS for our son that cured him while others had little to offer. We started with another painful migraine condition that the doctor worked with us to help identify that then morphed upon resolution into a severe CFS condition.His help along with another Pediatric blood specialist(who solved the unusual migrane) created solutions that solved a set of problems the Mayo Clinic specialists and the Childrens Hospital had given up on and were commiting our son to a life of pain...couseling us on how to best support his life as an invalid. At one point it was even suggested he may need to be bed ridden permanantly. Today he is a state track champion and leaving for college in one of the top business finance programs in the country. This is largly due to the doctors unfailing efforts to look closely at outlying indicators and help us look for solutions that eventually worked.

May 30th, 2012
38 years and still our pediatrician
Our 1st son, born in 1974, aspirated meconium at birth. In those days, most of those babies died. Fortunately, he was born at Loyola where Dr. K was doing his fellowship in neonatology. There were no neonatal intensive care units in those days. Our son was put in the pediatric intensive care unit, and I was put in the gynecological unit. Think of an older version of Dr. Oz and you have Dr. K. His bedside manner is - well - unique! I've always been amazed at how he could do an exam on my child, including immunizations, and my child walked away unaware s/he ever got poked! Dr. K is the only doctor I've ever trusted to take care of my children. I love the fact that he has never had a waiting room full of toys that have been slobbered on by sick (or well) children. YUK! I could never choose a pediatrician with toys in the office.Our youngest is getting ready for college, so we will be leaving Dr. K. soon. It will be a sad day for us.

December 20th, 2011
Dr. K will spend time with you as a parent, listening to what your concerns are. He doesn't do a cursory examination. After dealing with another clinic where the doctor listened to my daughters chest for a nanosecond before prescribing an antibiotic, it was refreshing to have him actually hold the stethescope to her chest while she breathed several times. Also, he is not quick to prescribe drugs - if an antibiotic isn't going be effective (i.e. viral), he isn't going to prescribe it. Overall, he is a GREAT doctor.

June 7th, 2011
Dr. K is the best Pediatrian and my children have loved going to him.

January 20th, 2010
Best Pediatrician around!
My first child was sick and misdiagnosed by a pediatrician and died. When I got pregnant again, I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people and settled on Dr. Kovacevic. I ultimately chose him because when I asked my series of "Dr. interview" questions, he was the only one who gave me answers I needed to hear instead of just telling me what I wanted to hear. I went on to have 4 more kids, all under Dr. K's care. Thanks to his advice, they all slept through the night at under a month! The kids and I all love Dr. K. Unfortunately, after about 12 years of going to him, I had to change insurance and he doesn't take my new plan. I have yet to find a new pediatrician who even comes close!

July 12th, 2009
Trudy
Dr. K. helped us find the right diagnosis for both of my children...one of whom had been misdiagnosed by other specialists and through multiple hospitalizations for more than 5 years. Even though we lived out of state, he communicated extensively with us by email...even before we had our first 1 hour telephone consult...yes he does these!!! He makes himself accessible to his patients and families, is warm, caring, and most of all is genuinely concerned that the children he treats gets his full attention, and help. He communicates with other doctors, and tries to work together with them to help find answers to diseases that some doctors don't believe even exist (even though the children do respond to treatment, and research shows it does exist.) Dr. K. is one of the most open minded people I have ever met, and thank goodness for him!

April 4th, 2009
The best doctor
Dr. K. is the best pediatrician and he has his practice set up so that going to an appointment is never an ordeal. I highly recommend Dr. K.