inactive

Mitchel S Carter MD Patient Reviews

July 27th, 2016
He is amazing! i was well treated and cared for that i can only say good things, He has patience and answered all of my questions. I have confidence in his skills and would recomend him to everyone.

December 9th, 2015
Thankful
If I could rate Dr. Carter and his staff 10 stars I would. The warmth, love and care I received was nothing short of AMAZING!!!! The medical circles of Dr. Carter, are just as caring.

June 7th, 2015
Dr. Carter receives acclaim from not only his patients, but from his peers as well. My father was a general surgeon, highly skilled and compassionate and caring with all his patients. I thought that mold was broken until I met Dr. Carter. In addition to his training , his skill, and his accomplishments in the medical profession, he is the kindest man I ever met.

February 8th, 2015
Gall Bladder Removal
I had previously consulted another doctor when I got the intense pains, vomiting etc from my gall stones and was diagnosed with Cholecystitis. The Dr suggested surgery . Since I had planned work travel I decided to wait to have surgery. After 2 months and a few rib eye steaks I got the pain again. A colleague suggested Dr. Carter - called his office and got an appointment to see him within the next week - given my condition they gave me priority. Dr. Carter is so full of energy - like an energizer bunny. He took time to explain everything, go over my previous ER visit reports, the CT scan reports, he actually showed me the stones - my gall bladder was almost full of stones! Surgery was scheduled for the following week. Surgery was great, I woke up from surgery in a few hours (it usually takes me 3-4 hrs to wake up after anesthesia). I felt zero pain and super hungry. The nurse gave me crackers and apple juice. No one there could believe that I didnt have ANY pain. When I got home, I ate a regular meal, spicy fish and brown rice with veggies. Slept like a baby - I did not take ANY pain medication. The Dr's office followed up the next day - no problems. I took rest all day - just woke up to eat food. There was slight pain in my abdomen - similar to the pain after you have done sit ups/ab exercises after a long gap. I came downstairs the next day - walked around a little bit. Felt tired - other than that I was feeling great. My bowel movements were off for the first couple of weeks. Started to work from home in 4 days, started driving in 6 days, had my follow up visit with Dr. Carter and was back at work the following week. Dr. Carter did a fantastic job with my incisions - they are so tiny compared to some of those I've seen on the internet. Can't thank Dr. Carter enough - any one considering getting their gall bladder out, don't miss out on seeing Dr. Carter.

February 1st, 2015
Umbilical Hernia Repair at Morristown Medical
Dr Carter repaired my inguinal hernia three years ago, and this 56 yo body needed an umbilical hernia repair. He did a fine job, current and professional techniques, patient centered and caring. He is all business but compassionate. He works very hard performing surgical procedures, and the staff plus surgical residents worship him for his outcomes and abilities. He is well respected by all. Footnote: I am also a surgeon.

November 19th, 2013
Amazing Doctor!!!
I was fortunate enough to have landed Dr. Carter as the on call doctor the night I went in to the ER at Morristown Memorial Hospital. Turns out my pain resulted in an appendectomy and Dr. Carter was there to save the day. Unfortunately, this surgery resulted in a subsequent Right Hemi colectomy as Dr. Carter found a Carcinoid Tumor on my appendix. Dr. Carter performed the Rt. Hemi Colectomy and did an amazing job! He visited me in the hospital every single day to note my progress and monitor me closely himself! I have since seen him almost every year as my post op care and he is always very thorough with me to ensure he is not missing anything. He is a phenomenal doctor and I highly recommend him to anyone!!! You don't find amazing doctor's like him that easily, I am very lucky to have crossed his path when I did!

October 8th, 2012
Creme de la creme
Professional, informative, good bedside manner, great reputation as a surgeon.

July 17th, 2012
I had two hernia operations within the space of 5 months by Dr. Carter. Both FAILED and he would not accept any blame. He asked if I had lifted anything heavy. If you saw me you would know what a joke that it. I wouldn't go to him to have a manicure. Please don't go for your own sake and health. He had no answers why it failed. He only asked that i TRUST HIM WITH A THIRD OPERATION. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT! NEVER an appology. I'm seeing a medical malpractice attorney right now. Safe yourself the heartache and PAIN. He doesn't have aclue as to what happened. What a mistake I made selecting this guy!!!!!!!!

February 27th, 2012
Greedy!
Dr. Carter spent 5 minutes with me in the examining room and 10 minutes in his office trying to convince me to use him for very basic hernia surgery. However, I would have to pay him fees above and beyond what the insurance company would pay. Therefore I elected to use someone else.My insurance company paid Dr. Carter $170 for the office visit which was really just a sales call for him that where he failed to convince me to use him for the procedure. I disputed the charges in writing to his billing office and they failed to respond to my complaints and turned me over to a collection agency. My insurance statement said that I owed him $45, but he wanted more for his incredible genius. Then he added a late fee to that. He is a greedy and arrogant Dr. and I would not recommend that you use him unless you have pockets of extra money lying around for basic surgical services that can be done by most general surgeons. He apparently doesn't care about my perspective. I would recommend that you use Dr. San Agustin for your surgical needs. The guy was a gentleman, accepted insurance payment and had a good manner. You reap what you sew Dr. Carter.

February 2nd, 2012
BEST OF THE BEST
Heard Dr.Carter was the best. Even though he was not in my health plan, I would have no one else. Caring, compassionate, understanding, personable-good bedside manner. Good looking too!!!

November 6th, 2011
Sorry I Used Him
If you prefer to be an empowered patient and to be part of the process, you may want to find another surgeon (and hospital, if you are a cancer patient).Dr. Carter was vague in his commitment to perform a skin sparing mastectomy so that I could have the type of reconstruction (implant versus TRAM Flap) that I wanted, which made the situation more stressful. He didn't honestly answer my questions regarding an agonizing pre-op radioactive injection & post-op drains; he told me what I wanted to hear.Upon completion of the surgery, he did not inform my husband or me that cancer was found in my lymph nodes and that several had been removed. I didn't know why I couldn't raise my arm. Nor were we phoned with pathology results. All of the bad news was delivered more than two weeks later at the post-operative check-up. I needed to have an IV port put in for chemo. I had asked around & had been told by other cancer patients that the entire mechanism is put into the chest area, is painless, & unnoticeable under clothing. In the OR, Dr. Carter informed me that he was going to shove the catheter up my neck. I told him not to do it. The surgery should have been canceled at that moment. I was anesthetized & it was done anyway. It was extremely painful 24/7 & was unsightly; it only added to my self-consciousness. When I transferred to a different cancer center (where patient comfort is a priority), the port was removed and a new, painless one was put into my chest. The surgeon had never seen the neck procedure when removing ports put in elsewhere.

October 5th, 2011
Would Not Recommend
Was to have a small growth (stage zero / calcium) removed from the breast. His procedure included putting a guide wire (an actual piece of metal wire) into the breast, and having the patient drive, (yes drive, in a car) with the wire in to a surgical center where he could presumably bill more. Obviously we cancelled and went to 2 other Drs. who never heard of him and noted that this plan was absurd.