inactive

• General Surgery Morristown, NJ

• Good
  • Bad

July 27th, 2016
He is amazing! i was well treated and cared for that i can only say good things, He has patience and answered all of my questions. I have confidence in his skills and would recomend him to everyone.

July 27th, 2016

December 9th, 2015
Thankful
If I could rate Dr. Carter and his staff 10 stars I would. The warmth, love and care I received was nothing short of AMAZING!!!! The medical circles of Dr. Carter, are just as caring.

December 9th, 2015
Thankful

June 7th, 2015
Dr. Carter receives acclaim from not only his patients, but from his peers as well. My father was a general surgeon, highly skilled and compassionate and caring with all his patients. I thought that mold was broken until I met Dr. Carter. In addition to his training , his skill, and his accomplishments in the medical profession, he is the kindest man I ever met.

June 7th, 2015

February 8th, 2015
Gall Bladder Removal
I had previously consulted another doctor when I got the intense pains, vomiting etc from my gall stones and was diagnosed with Cholecystitis. The Dr suggested surgery . Since I had planned work travel I decided to wait to have surgery. After 2 months and a few rib eye steaks I got the pain again. A colleague suggested Dr. Carter - called his office and got an appointment to see him within the next week - given my condition they gave me priority. Dr. Carter is so full of energy - like an energizer bunny. He took time to explain everything, go over my previous ER visit reports, the CT scan reports, he actually showed me the stones - my gall bladder was almost full of stones! Surgery was scheduled for the following week. Surgery was great, I woke up from surgery in a few hours (it usually takes me 3-4 hrs to wake up after anesthesia). I felt zero pain and super hungry. The nurse gave me crackers and apple juice. No one there could believe that I didnt have ANY pain. When I got home, I ate a regular meal, spicy fish and brown rice with veggies. Slept like a baby - I did not take ANY pain medication. The Dr's office followed up the next day - no problems. I took rest all day - just woke up to eat food. There was slight pain in my abdomen - similar to the pain after you have done sit ups/ab exercises after a long gap. I came downstairs the next day - walked around a little bit. Felt tired - other than that I was feeling great. My bowel movements were off for the first couple of weeks. Started to work from home in 4 days, started driving in 6 days, had my follow up visit with Dr. Carter and was back at work the following week. Dr. Carter did a fantastic job with my incisions - they are so tiny compared to some of those I've seen on the internet. Can't thank Dr. Carter enough - any one considering getting their gall bladder out, don't miss out on seeing Dr. Carter.

February 1st, 2015
Umbilical Hernia Repair at Morristown Medical
Dr Carter repaired my inguinal hernia three years ago, and this 56 yo body needed an umbilical hernia repair. He did a fine job, current and professional techniques, patient centered and caring. He is all business but compassionate. He works very hard performing surgical procedures, and the staff plus surgical residents worship him for his outcomes and abilities. He is well respected by all. Footnote: I am also a surgeon.

November 19th, 2013
Amazing Doctor!!!
I was fortunate enough to have landed Dr. Carter as the on call doctor the night I went in to the ER at Morristown Memorial Hospital. Turns out my pain resulted in an appendectomy and Dr. Carter was there to save the day. Unfortunately, this surgery resulted in a subsequent Right Hemi colectomy as Dr. Carter found a Carcinoid Tumor on my appendix. Dr. Carter performed the Rt. Hemi Colectomy and did an amazing job! He visited me in the hospital every single day to note my progress and monitor me closely himself! I have since seen him almost every year as my post op care and he is always very thorough with me to ensure he is not missing anything. He is a phenomenal doctor and I highly recommend him to anyone!!! You don't find amazing doctor's like him that easily, I am very lucky to have crossed his path when I did!

October 8th, 2012
Creme de la creme
Professional, informative, good bedside manner, great reputation as a surgeon.

October 8th, 2012
Creme de la creme
Professional, informative, good bedside manner, great reputation as a surgeon.

July 17th, 2012
I had two hernia operations within the space of 5 months by Dr. Carter. Both FAILED and he would not accept any blame. He asked if I had lifted anything heavy. If you saw me you would know what a joke that it. I wouldn't go to him to have a manicure. Please don't go for your own sake and health. He had no answers why it failed. He only asked that i TRUST HIM WITH A THIRD OPERATION. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT! NEVER an appology. I'm seeing a medical malpractice attorney right now. Safe yourself the heartache and PAIN. He doesn't have aclue as to what happened. What a mistake I made selecting this guy!!!!!!!!