Dr. Mitchel Harris MD Patient Reviews

3.6

March 28th, 2016
Worst experience
Dr. Harris was recommended to me for a leg injury. The first time I met him was for a minute before my surgery and I found him rude. At every follow up appt, he met with me for two minutes and would try to run out the door like I was an inconvenience or a waste of time. Even if I tried to ask a question he would be half way out the door. I have had some rude doctors but he takes first place. For such a traumatic injury and recovery to go through, I was hoping to find a doctor with a little compassion and bedside manner. I would not recommend him.

October 8th, 2015
caused scoliosis, butchered me
I do not recommend Dr. Harris. He performed a one level fusion, L4-5, and made a huge- over 6 inches- incision for that. Surgery resulted in significant iatrogenic (this means caused by surgeon) scoliosis. It was visibly evident immediately after surgery. He's also rude. Everything is the patient's fault. Stay away from him.

December 18th, 2013
A very smart, wise and considerate Orthopedic doc.
Some years ago, Dr. Harris re-organized my spine - which was giving me a lot of pain from stenosis, discs and other issues. I found him to be very friendly, caring and, above all, a highly skilled orthodedic surgeon. He thoroughly explained to my husband and me what would happen and what to expect from the surgery. Now I am back again to his office - this time with trouble in a different area. He took a lot of time determining how to proceed and talking with us about his findings. My husband and I trust his judgement thoroughly and find him to be a very fine physician.

September 18th, 2013
Glad I went to him
I was undecided if I would go to him because of a couple reviews I read on here. My Dr. Recommended him and my Dr. is awesome and I read the positive reviews on here, so I decided to see him. Glad I did. He was smart, polite, funny and he took his time explaining things. He was to the point and made me feel better. If your thinking about seeing him... See him! The Dr. is the best at what he does. He had a whole team looking at my images and they all came in the room to share their opinions. Dr. Harris is my second opinion as I had seen another Dr. before him. Glad I went and if I have surgery... HDr. Harris will be the Dr. I go to.

September 15th, 2011
Waste of time
i went to dr. Harris on referral from my doctor. He was rude, condescending and impatient with me. He acted as if I was an imposition upon him and I left his office in excruciating pain and in tears. I drove 3 hours each way to see him. What a waste of time! I would not recommend him to examine my dog! He never even examined me! I wish I could call my insurance carrier and advise them not to pay this jerk but they would stick me with the bill in the end....

July 2nd, 2011
Condescending
Dr. Harris humiliated me. I went for an extremely painful back. I actually was hunched over for a year. He said "how much weight do you need to lose" I said "about 50 pounds" and he said "come on how much??"..this was in front of a young male intern and it was like he was showing off...I wanted to cry. I was overweight because I was on complete bedrest with my daughter I had recently had and gained a ton of weight. He made me feel like a piece of garbage.

April 25th, 2011
Outstanding surgeon
I am 47 and fell, breaking my hip. I was an emergency case that was added first thing on a Monday morning. Dr. Harris took the time to meet me while I was in the Pre-op area. He was courteous, professional and three weeks later, my follow-up with him and his staff was outstanding.

October 26th, 2010
Dr Harris is a great doctor--very skilled, very attentive, and very caring.

November 9th, 2009
Dr. Harris was the rudest, most arrogant doctor I have ever met. After a 2 1/2 hour wait he acted like I was privileged to be in his presence. I spoke to a nurse who worked at the Brigham and she even told me he's so rude she walked out of an appt with her mother. I ended up going to a neurosurgeon and couldn't be happier with my results.

May 28th, 2009
Dr. Harris is a great teacher and explainer of your situation. He is kind, funny, caring and very expert. He repaired my very sick spine so that I have had no more trouble with pain. I would highly recommend him!