Overall Review

3.8

March 14th, 2016
i cant see him anymore,my insurance doesnt cover it,but if you need a doctor..hes the very best.

March 9th, 2016
avoid
A bit full of himself; hate docs who bad mouth other docs

November 13th, 2015
Excellent staff. Minimal waiting time. They make you feel comfortable and explain the procedure you are having.

February 24th, 2015
Dr. Bernstein is very accessible.

January 16th, 2015
Dr.Bernstine is a top quality colon rectal surgeon. His bedside manner is one to be commended. I was up and out of the hospital in 2 days. My healing process was a bit intence but the surgey and the visual appearance of my stomach are somthing to talk about . My navel looks untouched. Now if he could only perform tummy tucks ,He would be the man!

October 7th, 2013
Wish I could give 0 stars
Saw Dr. Bernstein for a rash I had. He ultimately told me he first didn't see anything, but on second glance, decided even though the rash was light, it was herpes. He said he was "80% sure" when I asked. He noted this was something he didn't say lightly as I was between tears. He never offered to swab the infection or do a blood test for herpes. The next day I saw a dermatologist who told me I had a yeast infection. After treatment for a yeast infection, I'm getting better. I've subsequently been tested for herpes via blood test a week later and tested negative. This guy is not a true professional.

July 10th, 2013
Quick
Very quick physician. Not sure that he took all my concerns seriously. Very vague and curt explanations. Seems competent, however I wish he took more time with me. I feel unconfident in my diagnosis. Will be seeking a second opinion.

March 11th, 2013
Dr Bernstein is a wonderful doctor. He asks and answers in a direct fashion which I appreciate.

November 17th, 2012
Excellent
Dr. Bernstein saved my life twice by removing polyps during the colonoscopies he performed on me. NYU is a bureaucracy that I had to plow thru to make an appt. But seeing Dr. Bernstein made the plowing worthwhile. I highly recommend him.

July 16th, 2012
I went to see this doctor because I began to experience discomfort in my backside. I don't believe he diagnosed properly what I had and did not even prescribed a medicine. Consequently my problem got worse. Upon calling him, he was curt and told me that he could not give me anything--that he had to see me again. That's another fee for the insurance company. I thought he was unprofessional in his caring and handling of my situation.

January 23rd, 2011
i had corrective surgery this past summer - after 14 yrs of pain resulting in disability all due to surgery by this butcher! I am in need of further surgery! He as much as took my life - statute of limitations do not permit me to sue as i should have done immediately following initial surgery. I wish he were dead - he ruined my life - and what's left of it!!!

December 12th, 2010
HE IS THE BEST
Dr. Bernstein gave me the confidence and support to go through this process.His professionalism is excellent. I only have good things to say about Dr. Bernstein