Dr Mitchell Bernstein Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr Mitchell Bernstein?

The beginning of the end

Posted on October 12th, 2017

I saw Dr. Bernstein for a minor tear in my backside that I was expecting to treat quickly. After prescribing a few ointments over a few months, the minor tear escalated into a fissure. I had to see another doctor who performed a traumatic surgery on me. Years later I still bleed more frequently than people should and feel ashamed of what it must look like back there. Please do now see this doctor if you want the care you feel you deserve. Looking back, he was negligent and quick to dismiss me.

Typical burnt-out robot-doc

Posted on June 2nd, 2017

Procedure guy -- not there for chit-chat nor discussion of your case. Dismissive of questions. Why do they pay a physician to do these procedures when they could hire a technician to do the same thing? At least the tech had bedside manner. Great staff and colleagues, but Dr. Bernstein's there to do his procedure and motor off as quickly as possible.

Posted on March 14th, 2016

i cant see him anymore,my insurance doesnt cover it,but if you need a doctor..hes the very best.

avoid

Posted on March 9th, 2016

A bit full of himself; hate docs who bad mouth other docs

Posted on November 13th, 2015

Excellent staff. Minimal waiting time. They make you feel comfortable and explain the procedure you are having.

Posted on February 24th, 2015

Dr. Bernstein is very accessible.

Posted on January 16th, 2015

Dr.Bernstine is a top quality colon rectal surgeon. His bedside manner is one to be commended. I was up and out of the hospital in 2 days. My healing process was a bit intence but the surgey and the visual appearance of my stomach are somthing to talk about . My navel looks untouched. Now if he could only perform tummy tucks ,He would be the man!

Wish I could give 0 stars

Posted on October 8th, 2013

Saw Dr. Bernstein for a rash I had. He ultimately told me he first didn't see anything, but on second glance, decided even though the rash was light, it was herpes. He said he was "80% sure" when I asked. He noted this was something he didn't say lightly as I was between tears. He never offered to swab the infection or do a blood test for herpes. The next day I saw a dermatologist who told me I had a yeast infection. After treatment for a yeast infection, I'm getting better. I've subsequently been tested for herpes via blood test a week later and tested negative. This guy is not a true professional.

Quick

Posted on July 11th, 2013

Very quick physician. Not sure that he took all my concerns seriously. Very vague and curt explanations. Seems competent, however I wish he took more time with me. I feel unconfident in my diagnosis. Will be seeking a second opinion.

Posted on March 11th, 2013

Dr Bernstein is a wonderful doctor. He asks and answers in a direct fashion which I appreciate.

Excellent

Posted on November 17th, 2012

Dr. Bernstein saved my life twice by removing polyps during the colonoscopies he performed on me. NYU is a bureaucracy that I had to plow thru to make an appt. But seeing Dr. Bernstein made the plowing worthwhile. I highly recommend him.

Posted on July 16th, 2012

I went to see this doctor because I began to experience discomfort in my backside. I don't believe he diagnosed properly what I had and did not even prescribed a medicine. Consequently my problem got worse. Upon calling him, he was curt and told me that he could not give me anything--that he had to see me again. That's another fee for the insurance company. I thought he was unprofessional in his caring and handling of my situation.