Surgical Specialist
Video profile

3.0

|  Highly Recommended  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2014

I saw Dr. Cooper for a severe rotator cuff tear in my right shoulder. He recommended surgery. Two weeks after surgery he had me begin PT which lasted almost 5 months. I never felt like he was rushing me out the door during my office visits. He answered every question in detail and is an overall nice person to work with. I went back to see Dr. Cooper about my left shoulder which was diagnosed as another rotator cuff tear. Since I had so much success with my right shoulder, I agreed to have Dr. Cooper repair my left shoulder too. Final prognosis was excellent. If you need a surgeon who cares for his patients, is excellent at what he does and is caring and friendly, than Dr. Cooper is your man.

Jan 7th, 2014

I went to Dr. Cooper the day after I fell and dislocated my shoulder. He told me to keep it in sling for 3 weeks. I was concerned about 'frozen shoulder'. He said I could move it some. At 3 weeks he did not check range of motion but said I needed PT. I went to PT and they figured out I probably have nerve damage. Now 7 weeks out and really no doctor help, I finally got connected to a good shoulder doctor and got help to figure out what is really wrong and what to do about it. Please don't waste your time going to someone who does not care enough to help when you really need it. Because of lack of proper diagnosis at beginning, I had a longer road to healing.

Aug 8th, 2013

VSAS has very rude doctors and nurses. The doctors have a very poor bedside manner. The nurses are not at all helpful if you have any problems after you leave the office. I would not send my dog to this practice.

Jul 27th, 2012

I respect Dr. Cooper. He is a honest man and goes above and beyond what is expected of him. He has been my shoulder dr. for almost two years and has operated on me twice. I required more surgeries and Dr. Cooper made sure I got in with the best Drs. He took time and personally contacted several drs for me. He has a wonderful staff, that you can tell genuinely care for the patients.

|  Ignorant and rude  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2012

7 mos later I am still dealing with the misdiagnosis from him. Had me going thru therapy for a sprain when the whole time I had a fracture. Would not listen to me or care at all when I told him my pain was getting worse and told me "You may just have to live with the pain". 2nd opinion confirmed my fracture and now I have a Host of other problems because of his ignorance and lack of follow thru. If you choose him PLEASE, PLEASE GET ANOTHER OPINION before treating with him!

|  Not always dependable  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2011

Give him a for ankle problem. However, give him a - for neck problem,lack of caring and finding out what was causing problem as well as lack of followup for this which was very disappointing.

|  Great doctor !!  |  show details
by Rick T on Dec 11th, 2010

Dr. Cooper repaired a tendon in my knee and 3 months later I destroyed the repair in a accident at home. I went to the ER of the hospital where the surgery was done and they contacted him for instructions. He was in the hospital that day performing surgery and afterward came and saw me. He arranged to have the surgery done that same day and he made all the necessary repairs. The next day he saw me in the hospital at 6 am !!He really went out of his way to help and always kept me informed.

|  Would only trust him!  |  show details
by Jess M on Jun 28th, 2010

I've been going to Dr. Cooper for years and he's one of the few doctors who I will actually listen to because I know he's that incredible. The first time I ever saw him, he ended up recommending surgery because the therapy wasn't working. I went for a second opinion just to be sure and when the second doctor saw who I was seeing his reply was "You're already seeing one of the best, do what he says!" I've never regretted my decision to have him as my Dr.