Dr. Mitchell Cooper MD Patient Reviews

3.2

December 8th, 2016
What was his hurry… Gave me five minutes of his time… So nice of him! Felt like a piece meat. I have so many questions… looked at his watch

July 1st, 2016
Most expensive 5 minutes to a man who didn't really give a s...t!
Dismissed anything I said and made little eye contact. Only when my husband was with me, did he send me for an MRI (after surgery) because u kept telling him something want right. Turns out my knee looked worse after the repair then before???? Did he actually do anything? He didn't say anything....never went back and knee is still a mess

February 25th, 2015
Terrible experience
He did meniscus repair and 8 weeks later my knee was worse then before surgery. Did he do surgery? He kept blowing me off and trekking me I was fine. After insisting an Mri, he had to admit his failure. He still didn't and said I needed a knee replacement. No way he is touching me again. What am unprofessional man, no eye contact, doesn't care, removed.

October 15th, 2014
Highly Recommended
I saw Dr. Cooper for a severe rotator cuff tear in my right shoulder. He recommended surgery. Two weeks after surgery he had me begin PT which lasted almost 5 months. I never felt like he was rushing me out the door during my office visits. He answered every question in detail and is an overall nice person to work with. I went back to see Dr. Cooper about my left shoulder which was diagnosed as another rotator cuff tear. Since I had so much success with my right shoulder, I agreed to have Dr. Cooper repair my left shoulder too. Final prognosis was excellent. If you need a surgeon who cares for his patients, is excellent at what he does and is caring and friendly, than Dr. Cooper is your man.

January 7th, 2014
I went to Dr. Cooper the day after I fell and dislocated my shoulder. He told me to keep it in sling for 3 weeks. I was concerned about 'frozen shoulder'. He said I could move it some. At 3 weeks he did not check range of motion but said I needed PT. I went to PT and they figured out I probably have nerve damage. Now 7 weeks out and really no doctor help, I finally got connected to a good shoulder doctor and got help to figure out what is really wrong and what to do about it. Please don't waste your time going to someone who does not care enough to help when you really need it. Because of lack of proper diagnosis at beginning, I had a longer road to healing.

August 8th, 2013
VSAS has very rude doctors and nurses. The doctors have a very poor bedside manner. The nurses are not at all helpful if you have any problems after you leave the office. I would not send my dog to this practice.

July 27th, 2012
I respect Dr. Cooper. He is a honest man and goes above and beyond what is expected of him. He has been my shoulder dr. for almost two years and has operated on me twice. I required more surgeries and Dr. Cooper made sure I got in with the best Drs. He took time and personally contacted several drs for me. He has a wonderful staff, that you can tell genuinely care for the patients.

January 13th, 2012
Ignorant and rude
7 mos later I am still dealing with the misdiagnosis from him. Had me going thru therapy for a sprain when the whole time I had a fracture. Would not listen to me or care at all when I told him my pain was getting worse and told me "You may just have to live with the pain". 2nd opinion confirmed my fracture and now I have a Host of other problems because of his ignorance and lack of follow thru. If you choose him PLEASE, PLEASE GET ANOTHER OPINION before treating with him!

October 23rd, 2011
Not always dependable
Give him a + for ankle problem. However, give him a - for neck problem,lack of caring and finding out what was causing problem as well as lack of followup for this which was very disappointing.

December 11th, 2010
Great doctor !!
Dr. Cooper repaired a tendon in my knee and 3 months later I destroyed the repair in a accident at home. I went to the ER of the hospital where the surgery was done and they contacted him for instructions. He was in the hospital that day performing surgery and afterward came and saw me. He arranged to have the surgery done that same day and he made all the necessary repairs. The next day he saw me in the hospital at 6 am !!He really went out of his way to help and always kept me informed.

June 28th, 2010
Would only trust him!
I've been going to Dr. Cooper for years and he's one of the few doctors who I will actually listen to because I know he's that incredible. The first time I ever saw him, he ended up recommending surgery because the therapy wasn't working. I went for a second opinion just to be sure and when the second doctor saw who I was seeing his reply was "You're already seeing one of the best, do what he says!" I've never regretted my decision to have him as my Dr.