A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mitchell Edelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mitchell Edelson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mitchell Edelson, MD is board certified in Gynecologic Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Glandular and Epithelial Cancer
- Hot Flashes
- Ovarian Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Edelson graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Edelson has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital
- The Reading Hospital and Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Edelson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 4 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Mitchell I. Edelson practice?
Dr. Mitchell Edelson practices Gynecologic Oncology near Abington, PA.
See Abington Obstetricians & Gynecologists.