Dr. Mitchell Fineman MD Patient Reviews

August 1st, 2016
Experience that changed my life ...
As a victim of [chronic] domestic violence, I had suffered some rather devastating punches to my left eye. I was sent to visit Dr. Fineman after the 2nd punch, that resulted in me having some retinal injuries at that time. Dr. Fineman was very attentive and "listened" to my DV history that landed me in his care. Dr. Fineman was very encouraging and supportive; he "cares" about his patients, you're not just a "number" to him. That round of treatment was non-invasive and was cleared up with a series of medications for the type of retinal damage I had suffered at that time. Unfortunately, TWO days after being release from Dr. Fineman's care, I was assaulted yet again. This time was much worse and my eye was in a sad state of injury. I was unable to see at all at 1st while in the ER. After about 8 hours, I was able to make out light/dark and shapes some-what. I contacted Dr. Fineman's office and they took me in right away. Much to Dr. Fineman's dismay; I was explaining the severity of this round of injury and the specifics of what had happened, as well as what I was experiencing "sight"-wise. Thank the good Lord above that Dr. Fineman has the training, experience, talent and the skills to assess and perform corrective laser surgery on my eye, right then and there. Much to my amazement, I was able to "see" fairly well with the damaged eye, immediately. I was at a loss for words to express my gratitude for Dr. Fineman's abilities and his caring personality. Being "personable" goes along way, when you're a patient that is suffering from PTSD from the severe DV history. Dr. Fineman is "in your corner", and wants the best for you as his patients. He's not just rushing patients thru to collect insurance claims and co-pays. This guy really cares, and I can't say enough about what a seriously competent doctor that Dr. Fineman truly is. For what I went thru w/ my eye, the scare of being blinded, and dealing w/ a monster in my home; Dr. Fineman not only repaired my eye beyond any fathom of my imagination, but he [and his staff] showed true character in encouraging me as his patient, to make the proper decision to put my vison, my health, and my LIFE ahead of the wants/needs of my abuser. Dr. Fineman is willing to stand by his patients and their welfare, and is willing to go the extra mile, to ensure you as his patient are in a better "state" than you could have ever expected. Keep in mind, this doctor is extremely educated, talented, experienced, and knowledgeable; but he is also so very personable, approachable, caring, understanding, and completely genuine. You don't come across this kind and quality of care just anywhere, only with this magnificent man. And I would like to proclaim my complete and utter admiration for the care I received, "Thank You", doesn't even come close to saying how grateful I truly am. Trust in Dr. Fineman, He's there to HELP!

June 8th, 2016
Vitrectomy for floaters only
I had a Vitrectomy for floaters only done in both eyes. Prior to surgery the condition inhibited my activities and my ability to drive . After surgery I am able to continue all activities. The surgery in my opinion was completely successful my vision is as it was prior to problems. The procedure was painless and I was unaware of the surgical process. Following surgery I had no pain and the recuperation was quick. I found Dr Fineman to be an excellent surgeon and I highly recommend.

January 13th, 2016
best office visit. They are always kind and help keep you at ease. I was receiving a needle in eye each visit. The nurse always make sure that the eye is as numb as possible. When Dr Fineman comes in he is so fast and gentle that I would hardly feel anything. He's the BEST

March 3rd, 2015
The BEST hands down
Dr. Fineman was the best doctor I ever saw. Given the seriousness of my eye condition, he made me feel very comfortable. The staff was excellent and very professional. I recommend him highly to anyone who needs the best retinal eye care. Wonderful bed side manner!

January 23rd, 2015
Flashes and Floaters
Dr Fineman performed emergency surgery on my retina with no complications. Excellent

December 24th, 2014
Not a concerned doctor here
What was so memorable was how incredibly arrogant he came across as. More than once I had to wait over an hour to be seen but no explanation or apology was given. Dr Fineman may have impressive credentials, but that doesn't mean much when he treats patients as lesser beings. He showed no concern for my welfare nor did he go above and beyond in calming my fears. I have told other doctors about his attitude, and they all said to find a different doctor! A patient should never be subjected to the type of humiliation he caused.

December 10th, 2013
Retired Director Pfizer Pharma
Dr. Fineman has treated my eyes for the past two years and I have the utmost confidence in his diagnosis and treatment. I think his level of care is really terrific and I would recommend him to anyone that needs retina care. I have received laser treatments, eye operations, and eye injections and I obviously trust him 100 percent with my eye care. He has helped me to maintain my vision.

August 6th, 2013
Mrs.
On my first visit to Dr. Fineman, he greeted me cordially and assured me that he would take good care of me. His calm and reassuring manner when he informed me of my problem immediately set me at ease. He explained exactly the procedures that he was going to utilize including an injection directly directly into the eye. Understandably, that was a traumatic and unnerving revelation for me, but Dr. Fineman's complete, confident, and reassuring explanations allayed many of my apprehensions. I have now been under treatment for nine months , and I could not be happier with my treatment and progress thanks to the outstanding encouragement, support, and expertise of Dr. Mitchell S. Fineman.

July 30th, 2013
Dr Fineman has a great bed side manner. I couldn't be in better hands! He knows just how to treat any eye problem. I am always greeted with a smile and his great personality. He listens to me speak of my problem and understands me and explains how he is going to treat my problem. I feel very relaxed and place my precious eyes in his hands. This is saying a lot from someone who has panic disorder. I rate Dr Fineman 100%. The staff also makes my visit easy to go for my appt. Everyone is very nice and will do anything for me to feel relaxed and comfortable. Whenever I hear of anyone having an eye problem, I highly recommend this office and Dr Fineman. Both the staff and Dr do a great job of moving on the waiting room. Everyone is taken care of but never rushed. Everyone is given the time is need for them. It is an honor to have Dr Fineman at the Huntingdon Valley office!

July 19th, 2013
DR. FINEMAN IS A HIGHLY SKILLED PHYSICIAN AND HAS BEEN TAKING CARE OF MY EYES FOR MANY YEARS.NOT ONLY IS HE COMPETENT BUT HE IS COMPASSIONATE AS WELL AND TAKES A DEEP INTEREST IN HIS PATIENTS.I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE SKILLED CARE HE HAS GIVEN ME AND HIS CONCERN FOR MY WELFARE. HE IS A CREDIT TO HIS PROFESSION AND THE STAFF OF THE MID ATLANTIC RETI NA SURGEONS.

July 17th, 2013
Dr. Fineman is the BEST!!!
I have been a patient of Dr. Fineman for several years now. When I went to him, I had already been to my opthomologist and the local ER. The opthomologist had misdiagnosed me. I was frightened about a sudden loss of vision in one of my eyes. I got the name of Dr. Fineman and called the office and they fit me in for that day. He literally SAVED my vision. He explained exactly what was happening, took time to answer all of my questions and concerns and if I did not understand, he made sure he explained it in terms I would understand and with pictures when necessary. He has ALWAYS been curtious, professional, and I have the upmost respect for him. I would highly recommend Dr. Fineman to anyone with eye (retinal) problems. He and his office staff have been pleasant and professional at all times.

July 12th, 2013
Rating Reinforced
My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Fineman for many years. We have always been impressed with his competence and care. Also he is very personable and friendly. So is his office staff. My niece had an office visit with him recently, as the doctor she normally sees was on vacation. She had all good things to say about him. That only reinforced our opinion of him. IWe are very thankful he is in charge of the care of our eyes.