Ophthalmologist
300 N Milwaukee Ave
Ste L
Lake Villa, IL 60046
847-356-0700
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Best Experience of My Life  |  show details
by Barbara and Leslie Miller on Jun 4th, 2014

My husband and I are so happy that we had eye surgery. Everyone involved was so professional and always answered whatever questions we might have had. Neither one of us wears glasses except for reading so it is truly a new experience for us. For the first time in my life, I do not have an eyeglass restriction on my driver’s license. Thank you Dr. Jackson. We really appreciate all that you have done for us. We highly recommend the surgery for cataracts.

|  Thank you for giving me the gift of sight!  |  show details
by Blanche W on Oct 11th, 2013

I had promised myself that when I became Regional Consultant for Ambit Energy, I would have my cataracts removed. I had talked to my granddaughter's mother-in-law about the doctor that did her surgery. She had high praises for Dr. Jackson and gave me his location. Funny thing is that I sometimes go to the Subway in the strip mall where he is located. The first time I saw the Jackson Eye sign I thought it was a private investigator's office. From the distance I could not determine that it was a medical facility. When I finally became Regional consultant in November, I kept putting off and putting off. In the mean time it was getting harder to function. I couldn't drive at night; I couldn't make out someone across the room, and could not see the street signs until I was right up on them. In February, I told my doctor I was going to have the procedure done and right away he told me about Dr. Jackson @ Jacksoneye. I told him that was who I was going to contact. I contacted Dr. Jackson's office and they answered all my questions. They told me that they grade cataracts on a scale of 1 to 4 and mine was almost a 3 ½. I had to go to Dallas Texas the weekend of April 9 and they scheduled me for March 19 & 26, 2013. Being as I am on Medicare, I opted for the standard procedure. I told my children what would be happening and why I opted for the standard procedure. Unknown to me, my oldest son started a drive to make it possible for me to have the laser surgery. On March 12th, I received a card in the mail from my son informing me of the gift my children, grandchildren and niece were presenting to me along with the form I had to sign and return to Jacksoneye. When the big day came, I wasn't nervous because they had explained what to expect. The procedure was painless and I was completely relaxed. That same day I could tell the tremendous difference in my vision. When I closed my left eye and looked from the good eye, I could see to infinity, or so it seemed. When I closed the good eye and looked thru the bad eye, I could not make out any writing and everything was blurred and it seemed I was looking thru muddy water. I could hardly wait until March 26, which is also my oldest son's birthday, when the second surgery was scheduled. I would have gone back the next day for it if it was possible. I went from wearing tri-focals to wearing reading glasses. What a Blessing. I am so happy that I finally took that step to being able to see clearly again. I just wonder why I waited so long. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Mitchell Jackson and his staff and office personnel. Thank you Dr. Jackson for giving back to me the gift of sight and thanks to my family for making the laser procedure possible.

|  Everyone goes the extra mile  |  show details
by Bonnie on Aug 16th, 2013

I am so fortunate to be a patient there. Everyone goes the extra mile to be helpful and informative. I am impressed with all the staff and have not had any issues. I hope to get my eye problems under control asap and just wish I could afford the procedure that would fix my biggest issue. In the meantime, thank you for caring and for all your professional help. Thank You

|  GREAT DOCTOR  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2013

Great Visit. Had a good experience here and would recommended him to my friends.

|  My time at Jacksoneye.  |  show details
by Terri Hatcher on Jul 16th, 2013

I chose Jacksoneye as my eye care provider because his office is very close to my home. I came into for a regular eye exam; everything was fine I have no complaints. Dr. Jackson spent adequate time and the technicians were very patient and thorough. I am happy about the convenience of his location.

|  I'm Still a Patient!  |  show details
by Leonardo on Apr 19th, 2013

Initially, my daughter was the person who brought me into this office. My experiences here at Jacksoneye have been very good. Talking to the staff members and asking questions is very easy to do because they are all very welcoming and non-arrogant. I am still a patient here after a few years proving that I am a very satisfied patient.

|  Thumbs up!  |  show details
by Craig Barber on Apr 11th, 2013

I just finished my 90 day post-op visit after after LASIK by Dr. J at Jacksoneye. This all has been such a great experience. The facilities, all staff, the outcome...all has been the best! Thanks Dr. J. and everyone at Jacksoneye! I'm really looking forward to using my new eyes during the upcoming golf season!

|  Dr. Jackson is a cool guy but professional  |  show details
by Robert R on Mar 20th, 2013

I was recommended to Dr. Jackson from a friend and I am glad I was because I’ve had nothing but good experiences here. Dr. Jackson is a very cool guy but he keeps it professional at the same time.

|  Noticeable improvement  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2013

Last time I was at Jacksoneye ( about 4 years ago ) , I waited a long time. It is noticeable that they have put in effort to improve their service and attend to everyone as soon as possible. Today was extremely fast and everyone else in the waiting room also was seen rather quickly. Keep up the good work guys!

|  show details
by Christian Right on Jan 23rd, 2013

|  show details
Oct 26th, 2012

I am writing this online review to express how grateful I am for choosing this practice and using their services for over 2 decades. , I recently underwent cataract surgery at Jacksoneye and feel the need to tell you all how absolutely pleased and impressed I have been since my procedure. I am so glad that I chose the toric implant lenses that I was suggested. My eyes have never felt better!! Even the pressure that I was experiencing prior has been alleviated.Also, I feel the need to address the awesome care that I received when I visit Jacksoneye. Not only do I feel confident that I am receiving the best care ever, I also feel very comfortable and relaxed. I enjoy Dr. Jackson and the staff immensely. Everyone in the office is so caring, compassionate, friendly, and a joy to be around. I always leave the office with a smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart.Lastly, I would like to thank everyone for all that they have done for me over the years. Your services have been and will always be appreciated

|  Life Changing LASIK  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

Having the Lasik procedure is the best thing I have ever done for myself.I can experience the joy of motorcycling and outdoor activities without my glasses. It's great to wake up in the morning and see the clock without fumbling for my glasses.I would recommend Jacksoneye to anyone.Thank you...thank you...thank you!!

|  AMAZING!  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

I wore glasses or contact lenses for over 57 years (ever since I was 8 years old) for almost every waking moment of my life because my vision was so poor. This summer, my optometrist referred me to Dr. Mitchell Jackson for cataract surgery. By the end of August, 2012, he removed my cataracts and inserted lenses which enabled me to SEE. My eyesight has improved so much, I do not need corrective lenses to drive. Dr. Jackson's office staff is extremely courteous. When I called, I always spoke to a live person--not an automated message. After the first visit, someone welcomed me by my first name. His technicians clearly explained the pre-op and post-op procedures I needed to follow. Dr. Jackson and his staff answered whatever questions or concerns I had. When I wake up in the morning and open my eyes, I am still amazed at the improvement in my vision.

|  Lasik  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2012

I had my lasik done and it was the greatest expierence. Dr.jacksaon and his staff are great. They know how to make you feel calm. If you are looking for a great surgeon and a friendly staff look no further Jacksoneye is the place for you.

|  Worst office management/poor exam  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2011

Waited 35 minutes after my Appt time before even going backThought I scheduled something and ended up not getting service I thought I scheduledDilated eyes and then looked in both for only about 12 secondsAnd I've had vision/retina issues for 25 yearsworst eye exam I have ever hadFelt very unimportant and part of a process and not a person

|  Steve C.  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2011

Dr. Jackson is a very skilled Othamologist who recently performed my Interlace Lasik eye surgery. He is a very skilled Doctor who gave my my freedom from contacts and glasses for over 30 years. I trust him implicitly with the health and well being of my vision care.He and his staff made me feel very comfortable and aat ease during my surgery.I cannot say enough about this individuals ability.Should have done this lasik procedure years ago like my wife and friends. This Doctors has also performed their lasik surgeries.Thanks Dr. "J"!!!!