Dr. Mitchell Kaplan MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Arlington Heights, IL

March 13th, 2016
Not happy
He did my endoscopy. He was very rude and arrogent and not diagnosed my problem when I met him.

October 9th, 2015
Arrogant and dismissive
Dr. Kaplan performed an EUS (endoscopic ultrasound). The first time I met him was just before he performed the procedure. He noted that I had consulted with two different surgeons and asked me which one I wanted him to call with the results. I requested that he talk to both surgeons so I could have a second opinion. Dr. Kaplan told me that two opinions were not necessary and he would look stupid calling both surgeons when he knew I wasn't going with one of them. When I didn't back down he said let's wait to see what I find. After the procedure Dr Kaplan informed me that he had already spoken to one of the surgeons and he told that surgeon that he would encourage me to use him. Not only did Dr Kaplan totally ignore my request for him to speak to both surgeons, he also failed to answer my questions regarding the results of the procedure he performed. He wrote something down and told me that I should show it to the oncologist and "he'll know". In other words Dr Kaplan was too busy to explain it to me. I would avoid this doctor if you want a doctor who will listen to you and explain things.

December 30th, 2011
This is a young but very caring doctor who I felt was really interested in my problem and wanting to help in what ever way he could. I would highly recommend him.

May 12th, 2011
This is a young doctor but knows his "stuff". Very caring and willing to get to the core of your problem. I would recommend him.