3.0

Feb 8th, 2016

I brought my two year old in because his eye would turn in just a little when he tried to focus. He was a little farsighted. You could barely see it. When we went to see Dr. Porias dor the first time he said he had a lazy eye and told us to patch his right eye all day for two months and come back. I thought that this would be too much patching, and that not using his other eye for two months could make it reverse. Well when we came back his eyes were turning in much worse, but now it was both of them. He said theres nothing we can do, you need to find a surgeon who can fix it. Because now they are misaligned. He did not refer us to anyone or help us find one. We went to texas childrens and they have been amazing. He did not need surgery. They said we should not have patched more than four hours a day. Overpatching can make it worse!! Please if this doctor tells you to patch your child's eye for 12 hours a day for 6-8 weeks DO NOT DO IT. Get a second opinion.

What a joke show details What a joke
by Desiree on Jan 27th, 2016

If I could give ZERO stars, I would. This eye doctor is a joke. I was referred to Dr. Porias from my family doctor. I went to her two weeks ago, because I had an allergic reaction to a new eyeliner. She prescribed me a topical steroid to bring down the swelling, and also advised me to do a warm compress twice a day. She mentioned that if it had not gotten better after a week, she would recommend an eye doctor. So, a week passes and the swelling went down (because of the steroid cream), but on my left eyelid, there is an extra crease that has not gone away, and was still causing a bit of discomfort. So i call and make an appointment with Dr. Porias for today, 1/27/16 at 8:30am. I get to his office precisely at 8:10am. I fill out new patient paperwork. I was escorted to an exam room at 8:35am. An assistant comes in to find out my reason for for visiting, and gives me drops of eye anesthetic, and tells me she is going to test me for Glaucoma. (If not sure if this is protocol, but if i am going for my eyelid, for the known reason of an allergic reaction, where does glaucoma testing come from? Doesn't make any sense.) So she leaves the exam room at 8:45am. I sit and wait, and wait, and wait. It is 9:30am and I walk out of the exam room and I let the first assistant i see know that I have to get back to work. She told me that the doctor would be in shortly. I was starting to get a bit irritated. So i walk myself back to the exam room, and leave the door OPEN. I could hear a man on the phone, going back and forth with an automated representative, asks to speak with a live person, is transferred and is continuing on speak talking about personal business. (mentioned something about his wife) It is now 9:40am and I am super frustrated, so I go once again and tell this assistant that I am leaving. She told me to hold on, and I see her walk in to the office where I can hear this same man on speaker phone being interrupted by her. She comes back and tells me the doctor is on his way. So by this time I had figured out that it was Dr. Porias who was on his phone, chit chatting away while he has me and several other patients WAITING. (Not to mention, i heard this voice talking even before opening the door the first time) The assistant closed the door, and I opened it right back. I hear Porias say to the person on the other end of the line, " I have a real backed up schedule, let me call you back" So it is approximately 9:43am and he walks in, and honestly i am already mad. He tells me that it is minimal, and there is nothing her can prescribe, and once again it is minimal and should go away on its own. He then had the nerve to say "it sounds like this is not what you wanted to hear". I did not say a word. He said he would have the secretary print me out a worksheet on how to use a warm sock compress, and how to use Cetaphil to clean my eye for the most minimal edema. Let me just point out, that I am not upset that he could not prescribe me anything. I am completely livid that he had me wait almost an HOUR just to tell me how to do something I had already been doing these past two weeks. I literally was out of the exam room at 9:46am. And when i told him it was ridiculous that i had to wait that long for him to get off his phone and give me a 2 minute diagnosis of nothing, he smirked and said, "Well, why don't you also express that to the secretary." Meaning he could not care less how i felt, because i was still going to have to pay the $60 co-pay regardless. I really hope that this review helps people stay away from this money-hungry, useless, sarcastic joke of a doctor. I should of left his office when I had the chance.

terrible show details terrible
by maria c. on Jun 3rd, 2015

messed up my eye . had to send me to Dr Goosey to fix it . needs to retire

Apr 20th, 2015

Wrong diagnosis, not pink eye but herpes simpex. Wrong medication. 1&half week lost. VERY BAD.