Dr. Mitchell Rein Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Mitchell Rein?

August 21st, 2014

I agree with other reviewers, he does not give off a good vibe. Perhaps a little cocky? During our first appointment, he excused himself to take a personal call and then followed up with a text when he came back, in the middle of talking to us! No interest in figuring out my cycle or why I might be having trouble the second time around, just straight to procedures. I had two cycles of AI over the course of 6 or so months, and spoke to him twice, both times I felt rushed. Always went through the nurse whom I never felt totally at ease with. I can't explain it, I just dreaded having to call her with questions because I felt like I was being irritating or high maintenance or the question was odd. It was just always awkward! Anyway, I expected a lot more from MGH but it felt like a conveyor belt. I can't imagine having to go through a miscarriage with this staff.

December 28th, 2013

Would Not Go Back

I tend to agree with the other reviews. He was not helpful. Felt pressured to have IVF. Passes patients off to his nurse. Did not get a good vibe from this doctor or his nurse.

June 14th, 2013

High Pressure Sales

Rein has no interest in advising patients on life style changes, nutritional supplementation etc. If you haven't conceived after a year, he presses hard to sell you a procedure. Sometimes using scare tactics about your age, or low percentage chance of conceiving. Also, he does very little to look to screen out underlying medical conditions that may be contributing to the fertility problem. He has the annoying habit of doing his documentation on the computer during the office visit to save time. It creates an impersonal visit, but I am sure that it saves him time at the end of the day. Not a fan. Recommend you see a real doc.

May 22nd, 2012

Unprofessional Staff

Not a great resource -- instead of providing detailed information, they provided a photo copy of an antiquated copy of "next steps". Did not provide suggested websites to better understand method and procedures. Nurses were very rude and indignant. Dr. Rein also provided little value -- he referred me to his nurses.I had to receive council from other doctors to ensure I was following the correct steps and receive advice.

June 7th, 2016