Dr. Mitchell Rosen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mitchell Rosen?

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Mitchell Rosen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 5th, 2017

Brilliant and caring RE at UCSF

Dr. Mitchell Rosen is an exceptional fertility expert, in every way: - Dr. Rosen has the rare combination of being scientific, straight-forward, direct and realistic about the fertility treatment process, options, and trade-offs while also being extremely caring and kind. His explanations are thorough and make complexity easy to understand. I experienced this from our very first appointment with Dr. Rosen, when we learned our fertility challenges were due not only to male factor, but also female factor. Dr. Rosen explained the options, trade-offs, odds, and gave us the space we needed to decide how to move forward. - He is on top of and driving the latest fertility research; it is clear he applies his wealth of knowledge when carefully considering how to customize the protocol and what is being learned from each cycle. We did 4 cycles for embryo freezing and fresh embryo transfer: Dr. Rosen customized each cycle considering how my body responded to previous cycles and what was the latest research. Despite my low follicle count (4 at baseline scan as opposed to 20+), his relentless analytical mindset led to a 4th cycle which yielded 15+ day 3 embryos and 6 blastocysts at day 5 (previous cycles had yielded 3, 5, and 3 embryos at day 3). - Fertility treatment can be long and draining. In my experience Dr. Rosen acted not only as a doctor, but also as a partner fully invested in a successful outcome. In every interaction with him my husband and I had no doubt that he was as committed as we were to a positive outcome and shared in our stumbles and successes along the way. This was clear after changes to the protocol in the 3rd cycle didn't yield the response we were looking for - Dr. Rosen was as upset (or more) than I was. He also geeked out with my husband over probability theory to help us decide how many embryos to freeze and was fully empathetic in my first cycle, hugging and telling me it was ok to be "greedy" and want all my few follicles to mature despite the low count and size distribution during the cycle. Feedback on Dr. Rosen is not complete without mentioning the incredible Liz Gomes and UCSF team. Liz Gomes, is the nurse in Dr. Rosen's care team and was my key contact during the cycle. Liz is extremely caring and empathetic. She is super reliable with a fast response time and is very patient in answering even the most basic questions. Both Dr. Rosen and Liz were fully invested in our care. The UCSF team - from the front-desk staff to the nurses, doctors, embryologists (who I got to briefly meet during embryo transfer) - are truly world-class professionals who care about their patients. From the beginning we felt we were in the very best hands for fertility treatment. Case in point: During each cycle, during the month in which I would take estrogen pills and not need to go to the clinic I would dearly miss it - from meeting with Dr. Rosen to interacting with the nurses and other doctors. And now, after the embryo transfer led to a super health baby I am already looking forward to going back to UCSF for a chance at baby # 2. It can take a while to get an appointment with Dr. Rosen, and the billing process can be complex - but it is fully worth it!

September 13th, 2011

really excellent doctor

I had an appointment with Dr. Rosen to discuss my options for fertility preservation prior to treatment for cancer. I think it was the best doctor's appointment I have ever had. He spent a considerable amount of time with me and answered all of my detailed questions. He seemed extremely knowledgable and intelligent, and was also very empathic. When I described what I had read about the fertility effects of my planned treatment, he responded to my input in a respectful and helpful way. Although I chose not to get fertility preservation, based on the appointment I had, I would strongly recommend Dr. Rosen to other cancer patients considering fertility preservation.

July 31st, 2017