Overall Review

3.3

January 27th, 2015
No personal treatment or interest. Office is about making money.
Brilliant man, but he is more interested in making money than treating patients. He seldom actually sees his patients. Farms them out to nurses. He shotguns this and that test at patients to make money in office, but no follow up. His staff is huge. Patient passed off to one, then another. Bad office experience. I feel like he has no TRUE interest in my health. In fact, he even said he could not afford to personally see his patients because it was "economically not feasible" for him. He's running a $$ machine. Sad. A racket to bilk insurance companies. His staff does prescribe tests galore and meds galore, but sort of shotgun approach. No one really listens to the patient. It is more about get in, get out, make money. I don't feel like the doctor even knows me, except snap impression. Brilliant man, but very hyper and quick to make diagnosis and then, he is done with you. No personal interest. Rather mechanical approach. Sleep Ctr on Lee is dusty, noisy, ancient, claustrophobic, tiny rooms with chenille.

February 24th, 2014
Great experience
I have been seen for by this office and have always had a great experience. Everyone there is caring and friendly. When I had testing performed and something came back abnormal, Kate the PA contacted me to let me know the next steps instead of making me wait until the next appointment a few days later. I felt that this was an exceptional courtesy. She is very compassionate and even though I was there for one problem, she listened to me complain about several issues I have been having and tried to help me with my other problems too. I will definitely continue to see Dr. Rothstein and Kate.

February 2nd, 2014
Hard to see dr - - PA thinks she is God. Staff sometimes rude
Staff and PA telling me I "had no need" to see the Dr again until I agreed to take yet another sleep study. It is as if the PA and Dr are in a pact to run up the number of tests to generate money. All that being said, Dr Rothstein appears to be very educated man. A little on narcissistic side, for sure, but he is excellent diagnostician. But the staff shuffle you off to the PA after the 1st visit and from there, true medical care is lost. Staff too large. Info not being shared. Wrong people making decisions. Dysfunctional business operation. Dr is good, however. Fast Office Visits.

January 3rd, 2014
Dr. Rothstein and staff are wonderful and they truly care for their patients.
I was initially referred to Pulmonary and Critical Care Associates from my primary care physician. I am so very thankful too. I have received nothing less than excellent care from day one. They truly care about their patients. They truly go above and beyond in caring for me, as a patient should be cared for.

December 17th, 2013
Love the staff and Clinicians
I have been seeing Dr. Rothstein and his PA for about 4-5 years now. They found a problem that could have gotten worse had it not been address or caught when it was. It had been missed by 3 other Doctors I saw prior. I have never felt rushed and always felt that Dr. Rothstein and his PA Kate listen to me. They seem to work well together and follow ups between the two have been seamless. I have felt very safe in the hands of either.

December 10th, 2013
very displeased
I was referred to Dr. Rothstein by my former doctor being new in the area i trusted her and now looking back i know why i left her too. But the visites took forever i have wasted a whole afternoon there and when asked way the waite they say oh we are 90 mins. behind due to unforseen emergency. then i have only seen him once in the 3 years i was there, had the PA most of the time and she did not listen to what i said she had her own game plan and that is what she did. Now looking for a new doctor due to it has been 2 years since his office has sent me a recheck up card. I called and aske them and got told he is booked till late january. I am over this i will find me a dotor has a office staff who cares and keeps up with his patients. Very disapponited in the whole experance and i will be very picky on my next sleep medicane doctor.

November 7th, 2013
Feeling much better!
I've seen Kate Walsh, the PA working with Dr. Rothstein. She is very thorough and explained everything to me. I had a plan before I left the office and felt reassured the entire time. She was concerned about me as a person and not just a patient. Luckily, there was nothing serious, but I always felt like I was in good hands. I will definitely go back if I have any other problems and am going to have my husband get his snoring checked out!

November 7th, 2013
Compassionate Care
I went to Dr. Rothstein and I saw both him and his PA. She spent a lot of time with me and was very knowledgable in many areas. She validated all my questions and seemed to really care about my health and concerns. She then went over my case in front of me with the Doctor which I felt even more confident in getting two people so interested in my care and well being. The staff seems to have gotten much better since looking back at some of these reviews.

October 22nd, 2013
use to be great
Rothstein use to be very good despite little bedside manner.Office is always badly run despite changing often. After years of seeing him, am now unable to get an appt with him and HAVE to see PA. Not as knowledgable and not much concern for patient. Moving to new doctor. office visits are time consuming night mare.

September 23rd, 2013
X patient
We went here for years. His staff is rude uncaring. Maybe if he spent less time dying his hair and getting clothes that weren't 6 sizes to small . Maybe his brain would work better. He tried to give my husband meds that he shouldn't be giving and when we confronted him he said he would be his dr anymore. We have reported him to our insurance and we have made a complaint with the state of fl. Do not go to him, we feel he is a very dangerous person. He thinks he is a god. Staff is VERY Rude

July 17th, 2013
My experience was very unsettling. I did the sleep study and was told the next morning that the study was inclusive but doctor would read and contact. Three weeks later received call from sleep center stating I had sleep apnea and would need to return up to 3 more times to get proper diagnosis. When I asked to speak with doctor was told not available until after I did the add'l studies. When I questioned about unclear results, was told they could not determine cause until I returned to run add'l tests and start using a CPAP machine. I really never rec'd diagnosis and feel like only purpose was to sell CPAP machine. No response regarding my concerns regarding insomnia. There was no contact with doctor except for receiving bills for his interpretation of the results six months later. Still do not have diagnosis.

July 6th, 2012
Was I there?????
I waited over 2 hours to see the Doctor only for him to come into the room to talk over my head with his PA not even acknowledging that I was there. I had to say, Excuse me, but I am right here and it is my health and my lungs you are talking about and I have questions!Then he finally turned around and involved me in my treatment. He did not look into my medical history, made a major mistake by judging and I will not, cannot recommend this Doctor.