Dr. Mitchell Rotman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

May 28th, 2016
RSD, & carpal tunnel
I have seen DR. Rotman twice, once in2012, and again in2016, in 2012 I should have reported abusebut choose not to, I did tell my att at the time, I think he is very unprofessional due to what he was saying to me at that time, also the fact he is an egotistical & ignores any complaints you have, very rude & uncaring, that was in 2012, I then had to see him again in 2016 at that time he was accompanied by a staff member Kelly, he did not say anything ignorant at this time, but refused to see he was hurting me more during my examine, I was telling him how painful it was, soon I was in tears, I seriously do not believe this man has any kind of conious , and to me he should not be around people at all, it was not my choice to see him again, for I would not recommend him to anyone, clearly does not care about the patients, very dis respectful, respect means a lot to me with anyone, regardless who or what they do. Thank You all

May 19th, 2016
Great Surgeon
Excellent Dr. If you want a smooth and great recovery this is your doctor.

March 11th, 2016
Worst experience of my life.
Worst experience of my life. The man was totally unsympathetic, arrogant and egotistical. I will definitely not recommend this man to anyone.

June 9th, 2014
Finally a dr that knows what he is doing and cares
I could not be happier after years of seeing orthopedic drs for an injury 41 years ago and being dismissed. I have 80% nerve loss and of all the drs I have seen he is the first to listen and figure it out. I don't find him arrogant but competent and straight forward. I like the bluntness and prefer not to be babied. I feel like his personality or "bedside manor" is awesome and knowing Dr Manske is his mentor means a lot since Dr Manske was the only other orthopedic surgeon to help me when he removed the radial head many years ago and has since passed away. I would say if you need. Real orthopedic dr for. Real problem this is the go to guy. Remember most people post negative because people with positive results don't think to

June 28th, 2013
Rot-ten
Absolutely arrogant and incompetent surgeon. He botched my carpal tunnel surgery and I had to have it re-done by another surgeon. He would not listen to me and ignored my pain after surgery. Stay away from Dr. Rot-ten!

March 24th, 2013
Dr. Rotman is the absolute best!
I have referred many friends to Dr. Rotman, and all have been very satisfied, as I am. He is personable and an expert diagnostician and surgeon. He's done many surgeries on me, all very successful. One was nerve grafting on my hand. Others said the tingling from the deep cut would never leave my thumb and index finger. I have completely normal use, no pain, no tingling now. He diagnosed and treated my scaphoid fracture when another physician didn't even take the X-ray from the right angle to show it. He's done trigger finger surgeries for me, and I have no pain and normal usage now. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Rotman.

October 3rd, 2012
Infection from surgery for broken elbow
I saw Dr. Rotman after falling and breaking a bone in my elbow. I developed an infection from the first surgery performed by Dr. Rotman at Timberlake Surgery Center. Dr. Rotman operated a second time and referred me to Dr. Akhtar for IV antibiotics. The antibiotics put me in the hospital for a week. I needed a third surgery to clean up what Dr. Rotman left behind and a second round of antibiotics for my osteomyelitis. $45,000 later, my elbow is feeling better. I would not recommend Dr. Rotman.

September 27th, 2012
Terrific Doctor!
Mitch Rotman is not only a great guy, but he's a very competent orthopedic surgeon! For my arms, shoulders and hands, there is no one else in St. Louis I'd go to! Plain and simple as that. He sincerely cares, and has, so far, been right on it with the accuracy of his diagnoses, and I have had several different issues.

January 10th, 2012
Worst experience of my life. The man was totally unsympathetic, arrogant and egotistical. I could not recommend this man no matter how good his medical skills are supposed to be. Absolutely no interpersonal skills. We felt more like we were being grilled by a prosecution lawyer than a medical professional.

August 25th, 2011
Terrible Bedside Manner
Dr. Rotman has terrible interpersonal skills, he comes across as arrogant and egotistical. However, he is a skilled surgeon who uses endoscopic surgery for carpal tunnel release. He did both my hands and the results were excellent. Can't deny he is a skilled surgeon.

July 27th, 2011
Now I am disabled-truly Dr. Evil
This person should not be allowed to practice. He performed surgery on the tear in my rotator cuff. During all follow up exams when I explained to him how much pain I was in he ignored me. He ignored reports from my physical therapist that there was still something wrong. He was rude to me and my wife and told us "he was the doctor and we were not allowed to question his decisions" It only got worse as time went on and I did not recover as he expected. It was a nightmare to be subjected to his egotistical power trip while trying to recover from surgery. My shoulder has never healed properly and I can no longer work. Luckily social security agreed that I am disabled. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SO-CALLED DOCTOR. Workers-comp is a completely unfair system in which you will have no rights. Think twice before you undertake any surgery. If you have surgery pick another doctor.

January 23rd, 2010
He is all about the company and not about the patient at all. The man told me to go and re-injure myself so he could figure out what was wrong,get it nice and swollen so he could see it.