Dr. Mitchell Stashower MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 28th, 2017
Excellent Doctor, Highly Recommend
Nothing that I say can adequately convey my gratitude and appreciation for Dr. Stashower, Dr. Strahan and their amazing staff. My first appointment was in March 2017 for a skin check. I had been watching a small indent on my lower eyelid for about a year and was finally convinced I should have it checked. This little spot would go through a cycle of getting red, scab, and then look completely normal. On the day of my visit, it of course looked completely normal. Dr. Stashower listened and examined the spot very closely, then called Dr. Strahan over for a quick consult. Based on their experience and knowledge that skin cancer can be sneaky, we decided to err on the side of caution and biopsy the spot. Both doctors went over the biopsy procedure with me in detail. I had my biopsy three days later. Skin cancer. 20 years of long distance running without sunglasses had earned me an unpleasant surprise. Dr. Strahan went over the MOHS procedure with me in detail. He is one of the best doctors that I’ve ever encountered and the only one I’ve ever met who leads with asking me what questions I have for him. I’m three months post-surgery and you can barely see my scar. Dr. Strahan is truly a skilled surgeon. In addition to the impeccable care, this doctor’s office actually runs on-time, like clock-work. They must be scheduling geniuses because I’ve always been seen on time or early and have never felt rushed. This is an amazing practice and I will be a patient for life.

August 30th, 2014
Wonderful doctor! He is very smart and kind. He found my skin cancer very early! I'm a very lucky person!

February 24th, 2014
un-necessary biopsy and vague diagnosis?
I went to see Dr Stashower for two brown itchy patches on my belly and back. He said he must do a biopsy. After that he diagnosed me as having Morphya, but the symptoms did not match it. I saw another doctor whose diagnosis totally disagreed with his. The scar tissue due to his biopsy is very itchy and sometimes bleeds. Attention, some dermatologists may be inclined to prescribe expensive treatments and medications,

February 17th, 2014
Hides behind required legal release
I recently visited Dr. Stashower for a routine checkup as part of my annual physical. While the checkup was uneventful he did say he could easily get rid of the rosacea on my face with 2-3 laser treatments. While I was not even aware of or initially concerned about this condition, he was convincing in the fact that he would make me "look better". As a result, I completed 2 treatments costing approximately $600 each with no change in the condition. At that time the doctor decided to try a topical gel, which also did nothing. When I contacted the doctor to discuss my frustration, his office manager said she would be the person to discuss this situation. In our phone conversation while acknowledging the unsuccessful treatments she refused to give even a partial refund on the $1,200 and stated "you signed a release which states we do not guarantee results". I explained that I am a consumer who paid a significant amount of money for basically nothing. She stated "she understands, but we cannot do anything". Bottom line is that the doctor could do something, but will not. Since this doctor obviously will not stand behind his work, I suggest not using his services.

December 26th, 2013
Worst Dr. Ever
This Doctor is completely rude and ignorant, he needs to actually take time with the patient and not just ASSume he knows what it is = take a biopsy and send it off to the lab - Don't just guess what it is!!!!! Misdiagnosed my skin cancer for many months. Very irresponsible Doctor- not sure how he can call himself an actual doctor. If you read up on this Doctor, there are many removed reviews. Wonder why that is? This system would not allow me to not rate this doctor-so I had to give him stars, but I certainly would not give him any stars.

April 24th, 2013
Incompetent
He is rude, selfish, incomptent and a not a good Dr!

August 21st, 2012
I came into see the Dr because of a bump on my leg, and he diagnosed it in no time. I felt safe in his care and i would reccomend him to my friends and family

July 19th, 2012
The Best Dermatologist in Virginia.

July 16th, 2012
Ive had pretty severe acne ever since I was a teenager. It is embarrassing having acne as an adult. Dr.Stashower cleared up my face and I only wish I had gone to see him in high school.

July 12th, 2012
Must Get a Skin Check Here!
Dr. Stashower finally cleared my face of acne! I have had acne seems all my life. As an adult I was so frustrated trying everything. I have seen him a few times now over the last year and will continue to go for check ups. Truly recommend! Love my results and I'm telling everyone!

July 9th, 2012
I have been seeing Dr. Mitchell Stashower and his staff for over 5 years and the quality of service and care provided has been second to none. I have a complicated port wine stain hemangioma and Dr. Stashower has treated me both with lasers and with surgery (excisions). He works well with insurance companies (have had 3 in my time with that office) in explaining the medical need for the care provided and takes the time to provide quality dermatological care. The staff is always friendly and helpful and has been flexible in working me into their hectic schedule. I highly recommend Dr. Stashower to anyone in the Washington DC area, especially those with port wine stain birthmarks or port wine hemangiomas.

June 26th, 2012
Dr.Stashower spent time answering my questions and assured me that the bumps on my arm were no threat. He was recommended to me by a friend and I'm glad i listened