A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mitchell Weikert:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mitchell Weikert is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Weikert
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Weikert Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mitchell Weikert, BS, MD, MS is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Corneal Diseases
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eye Infections
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Tear Duct Problems
Education & Awards
Dr. Weikert graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Weikert has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Ben Taub General Hospital
- The Methodist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mitchell P Weikert BS, MD, and MS is a male Ophthalmologist, has 14 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Mitchell P. Weikert practice?
- Dr. Mitchell Weikert has 1 office location.
Dr. Mitchell Weikert practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.