Dr. Mitul Patel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

April 6th, 2016
Good experience
Good surgeon. He performed emergency surgery for my brother after he fell and fractured his hip. Had to operate on a Saturday morning.

October 26th, 2015
Thanks Dr Patel 1month out after fusion and discectomy and feel so much better ,,thanks for being a caring Dr. We need more like you....

June 2nd, 2015
A Trustworthy and Friendly Spine Surgeon
I recently had spinal fusion surgery performed by Dr. Patel and I had immediate relief and I have no regrets with my decision! I feel a great level of comfort and trust when I meet with him and he is always happy to answer all of my questions. I feel like he does a great job of explaining the diagnosis & treatments in a way that is easy for me to understand. Dr. Patel has such a personable approach that I feel like I'm talking with a family friend. Dr. Patel takes the time to get to know his patients, understand their needs, empathize with their pain/symptoms and offer medical solutions that fit their lifestyle. I trust his skills and opinions as a medical professional.

May 18th, 2015
Just a normal guy
This doctor will surprise you with how "normal" he is while dealing with you. Let's admit, most doctors (even another one in his group) don't really take the time to explain on a normal person's level, especially when you are in pain, what it is that is causing this issue and the options you have and to really explain the most likely outcome. Well, Dr. Patel did all of that and was even patient enough to allow me and my family extra time to talk among ourselves in private as he would step out to speak with other patients he had in his office to see, and would peak back in to see if we were ready. We went with the surgery and am glad I did. Of course I don't remember much at all, but the impact he made with my family when he went to speak with them after surgery was very important. If you looking for a doctor in this area, I encourage you to go this route.

March 30th, 2015
CFA
Dr Patel was amazing though the whole process of me breaking my ankle. He gave me my options and then asked me what I wanted to do because he was willing either way it was up to me. He answered all my questions and made me feel at ease before the surgey. He was very accessible when I had questions after surgery. It was a good experience when I got my splint off and was fitted for my boot ( I was nervous ) Dr. Patel is down to earth and a professional and I know he did an amazing surgical job on my ankle. I will request him again if I ever break a bone or have spine issues!

November 29th, 2014
After visiting 5 physicians, including a neurosurgeon who quickly said he could not help me, I was finally referred to Dr, Patel. Having had a previous lower back fusion, the prospect of another fusion and recovery was grim. With Dr. Patel's minimally invasive procedure, recovery time was shorter, less painful and more effective than my previous surgery. Dr. Patel was extremely thorough in explaining the procedure and answering all my questions. He has a genuine concern for his patients and is a gifted, talented surgeon.

June 11th, 2014
Dr. Patel is a Joke!
I was seeing Dr Eby and he said there was no more he could do for my back and I needed to see Dr. Patel. The minute I saw Dr Patel he told me that there was nothing work with my back. Two weeks later I had back surgery at St. Thomas Spine Unit. I would not send my dog to Dr. Patel.

January 6th, 2014
Very nice staff who worked with my limitations when scheduling follow up visit. My experience was as an E.R. patient who required surgery. Diagnosis was accurate, surgery successful, communication with myself and family was helpful. Dr. spend as much time as was needed and had a great bedside manner.

November 21st, 2013
PATIENT
GREAT DOCTOR! VERY THOROUGH AND GREAT BEDSIDE MANNER. IM FINALLY PAIN FREE FROM MY NECK AND ARM PAIN. VISITED A FEW DOCTORS BEFORE I SAW DR. PATEL. HEAD AND SHOULDERS BETTER THAN THE OTHER PHYSICIANS I FIRST MET.

September 26th, 2013
Dr. Patel and his staff were amazing. There new office is great and very relaxing. They were punctual and he spent a lot of time talking to me and explaining all that was wrong with me. He reviewed my xrays and MRI. He was the only doctor that spent time to explain things to me. Highly recommend this spinal surgeon without any reservation!

September 10th, 2013
work comp snake
patel is a work comp snake....recomended surgury in first few visits to make u think he cares....then reverses his decision when case manager (satan) throws her weight around.....i feel sorry for anybody visiting this doctor under work comp!!!! :( :( :( :(

July 15th, 2013
Excellent Care!
Dr. Patel, very approachable, very efficient and I could not be more pleased with the care I received.