Overall Review

3.4

November 12th, 2015
Dissatisfied with Dr. Hewitt & many of the staff
Dr. Hewitt and her P.A.'s have missed some more serious issues with various family members who see her. They now go to Traverse City for their medical appointments. I do not care for how she talks with me, in a voice that she would use with a young child. The nurses do not return calls in a timely manner, and sometimes don't return them at all. They often seem very rushed, especially when giving injections. There have been mix-ups on prescriptions. I often feel like I'm bothering the receptionist when I call. Due to all of these issues and others I'm not mentioning, I have decided to leave this clinic.

March 3rd, 2013
Exellent Physician
To me, Dr. Hewitt is one of the most compassionate doctors that I have ever had as a health care provider. I have been going to Dr. Hewitt for many years now and she has always provided very good care for any health problems that I have had. I have always been able to get in to see the Dr. Hewitt in a reasonable time for anything from a yearly physical to stomach or back problems that I have had. When I would come in for an appointment I did not have to wait for any undue length of time to see the doctor. I believe that Dr. Hewitt spends a more than adequate amount of time with me going over any concerns that I may have. From my experience with Dr. Hewitt I believe that she is extremely professional and a very caring person. Dr Hewitt's office staff has always been courteous and helpful if I have a question. I believe that Dr Hewitt is a first class physician.

March 21st, 2011
Dr. Hewitt's PA
Poor quality period. The wait time would take up my entire afternoon. Never on time once in 3 years. NOT concerned with the meds she was handing out or the side effects. When I did my homework on a med...she was angry and simply cut me off with I never heard of that....then I gave her the web address...unbelievable. Getting prescriptions filled on time were a nightmare. I should of insisted on going to see Dr. Hewitt directly. This could of helped. Carrie her assistant does not have the people skills or compassion to work with the sick. I am sorry I stuck with them as long as I did. I am now at another Doctor (Crystal Lake) and I have never had any of these issues. This clinic never did follow up calls...you called them if you could get through. Even some of the reception staff was rude. It was apparent that people did not like their jobs.