Dr. Michael Aziz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Aziz?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 25th, 2017

Excellent

Excellent and to the point medical care

May 13th, 2016

Found my new doctor

Very upscale office. I waited about 5 minutes after filing the paperwork. I had multiple issues that were all addressed efficiently and explained. I had problems finding a doctor I liked in the past, but I think I found my new doctor. Highly recommended.

March 13th, 2015

Medical care at its best

Great doctor prompt professional and answered all my questions Cared for my whole family for 6 years

February 7th, 2015

Excellent

Knowlegabke prompt and efficient doctor highly recommnded

March 21st, 2013

WORST doctor EVER

I wasn't going to write this review, even though my visit was pretty bad, but as I just got a call from his VERY discourteous staff about a deductible that I owe (which I asked them before I even saw the doctor what it would be and they said NOTHING and THEY should have called my insurance at the time to find out if INFACT I would have anything to pay) and when I told them that I could not afford to pay it right now (because it was a HEFTY amount of money for VERY bad service which i will get into as this review goes on) and I would like the bill to be sent to me so I can pay it when I get it. I was told that COULD NOT be done (which we know is not true) and it was a "small bill" (!!!) and I was badgered to pay the money on the phone right then and there. On to the Doctor, which makes it even harder to have to pay almost as much as I would pay to go to the ER, I went for a consultation on a pain I was having in my calf from exercising, he basically poked at my leg once and wrote a prescription, then I mentioned to him that I was having a hard time losing weight, unbeknownst to me that Dr. Aziz has written a diet book and could probably advise me better IF he had asked me what my diet was and if/how I was working out...but he never asked me ANYTHING, he IMMEDIATELY told me he wanted to test my thyroid!!! I told him I had it tested recently before I had surgery and it was fine but he still insisted (I didn't do it as I realized this was obviously him trying to send business to a vendor) also I mentioned a stomach issue I was having and I told him the medication I was taking wasn't working anymore and he told me to keep taking it! His bedside manner is HORRIBLE and he practically chased me out of his office after about 10 minutes. I WILL NEVER recommend this man to ANYONE and I hope anyone that reads this review will NOT go to him and would NOT have to deal with his unmannerly staff.

Doctor's Response

Dear N This is Hovrath consulting, managers for the midtown practice. We are very sorry to hear about for your experience at our office. It is the patient responsibility to know their insurance benefits, not the practice. However, we do screen insurance prior to seeing the patients and we inform them of their benefits and any costs they may have to pay before charging them. I checked with the billing department for your particular situation.It turned to be your insurance gave us the wrong information and you were responsible for the amount allowed by your insurance, We totally understand that a $100 was was a lot of money for you, but unfortunately,this is the the contract you have with your insurance, not with us. We do wish all the best.

SHOW

February 4th, 2013

Worst Doctor I've EVER had

This doctor is the worst doctor i have ever had. He will not remember your case, the women at the front desk are beyond rude. Ultimately, I think he has way too many patients, and people who don't care to be working with patients. He will also push his book on you to no end. It's ridiculous. His solution to any problem is to read his book. This guy is a quack!

April 3rd, 2012

He pushes unnecessary testosterone therapy

On the basis of one blood check, and without asking me any questions, Dr. Aziz insisted that I immediately go on expensive testosterone therapy for the rest of my life. After a year of me telling him "No," we agreed I should find another doctor. My new doctor quickly diagnosed me with sleep apnea, which lowers testosterone and is in fact made WORSE by testosterone therapy. All Dr. Aziz saw was another way to make money.

October 5th, 2011

Execellent physician

Dr Aziz was thorough and knowledgeable and made me feel at ease. I felt that it was all about me and my concerns. His relaxed style made me very comfortable.

May 1st, 2011

Great doctor

I went to see Dr. Aziz after seeig on the View, the Doctors, and NBC. I was suprised he even took my insurance being on TV. I needed to lose weight so he diagnosed with an underactive thyroid that my previous GP missed for years. I was finally able to lose 10 pounds. He never rushed me, very profesional, very well mannered and dressed, polite, and with great bed side manners. I saw him few times now, and his office staff is very professional. The office is small, but very clean and organized. I highly recommend him.

January 14th, 2011

"DR.SOUL-LESS"

Either his personal hygiene is bad or his religion has brain washed him because both times I went to his office it smelled of body odor. He seemed as though he didn't care about my personal well being and he rushed thru both of my visits. I personally have been to way better doctors. With my insurance I can choose any doctor I want as long they are in the network so I personally do not have to deal with his Soul-less visits. Trust and believe I will not go back there again.

Doctor's Response

This is Hovrath consulting, managers for the midtown practice. We are very sorry to hear about your experience at our office. I believe at the time of your visit, the doctor had an family emergency and was out. We had to get a local immediate buta competent coverage for the doctor so that our patients are not left alone. We strive for excellence and we are truly apologize for this bad experience.

SHOW

March 4th, 2010

Excellent Dr

Best MD in NYC I send my family to him and see him myself, I am in healthcare for over ten years and he is on point.

June 21st, 2009

Great doctor whi treated for a variety of ailments through teh years