Dr. Mohamed El Mawan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 15th, 2015
Awesome staff, keep up the good work.

July 10th, 2014
The best!!!
Dr. El-Mawan is one of the finest, most intelligent, kind doctors in his profession. Let me tell you of what I felt was a life threatening situation with my son several years ago. My son got very sick and I took him to and it was ongoing for months. I took him to his regular doctor and got every blood test he could get. The doctor at that time said he was just a depressed teenager. Well my son looked awful and was not getting better. After 6 months of taking him to several other doctors and specialists in other areas for a diagnosis the doctors had no answers. Finally, a friend suggested I take my son to her doctor who is Dr. Mohamed El-Mawan. He took my son's complaints very seriously and wanted to do blood work. I told him we had blood work done 6 months ago so he retrieved the blood work from the previous doctor. He looked at the results and immediately saw the thyroid numbers were indicating my son had thyroid disease!!! My son I feel lost precious time feeling ill and it could have been much worse for him had we not seen Dr. Mohamed El-Mawan. I have also been a patient of Dr. El-Mawan and I can say with first hand experience, he is the best!! And, the office staff is also wonderful in every aspect!!

July 31st, 2012
Good doctor with an awful staff.
He listens to the patient, his diagnosis is spot on but I had to stop visiting his office due to the rude and unprofessional staff he has. His staff promised to request faxing my lab work from a lab, but after numerous phone calls to them, and a month later they said that I had to make the fax. After a whole month of tens of phone calls! They are rude when making an appointment, and unprofessional in speaking to the patients. I called them lately for an advice of the best date to see the doctor after finishing my medication, they were snapping at me ruthlessly. Their vocabulary lacks the words, "please," "excuse me Sir/Madam," "thank you," "how can I help you?" I have NEVER dealt with ruthless, unprofessional individuals as those who work for Dr. El Mowan. Again, he is a great doctor but his staff is terrible professionally.

May 22nd, 2012
I hate staff they are so rude
I been a patient of his for a couple of years i even had my newborn going there and I recently decided its time to find a new doctor. He is decent doctor don't get me wrong, but the staff he has are very rude and ignorant i don't want to put up with anymore. maybe if he got rid of his staff i would stay.

April 13th, 2012
Not impressed
I've been taking my kids to Dr. El-Mawan for about 3 yrs. He's a decent dr. & does the necessary things. He's not real great about explaining things or giving you info though. My son had bloodwork & they never called me with the results so I assumed all was well. He ended up back, sick & we were told at the appt. his bloodwork showed he was positive for strep. The bloodwork came in days before & no one called. I saw him & also had bloodwork done. Nurse told me 2-3 days for it to come back. Then when I call on day 3 recpt. said it takes 2-3 wks. I called 3 more times after wk. 2 to check. I specifically asked twice if they will call me as soon as it comes in as I was suffering with a miserable allergic reaction/hives. They never called. I called & got the results. It was 3 wks., 1 day. (I had called 2 days prior & nurse said she was going to check on it & let me know- never did) The dr. asked me rather bizarre questions at appt. also. I'm looking for a new dr. now, one who acts like they care & actually returns calls & gives you your lab results without having to be hunted down. I agree with the other reviewers about the staff. They really are short with you & act unconcerned about you. You feel like you're bothering them if you call, even if you're very sick & need help. The dr. won't call you back either. I understand drs. are very busy these days but there are some who will actually call you if you're very ill & need help or at least have a nurse call to explain results, etc.

December 13th, 2011
Dr was wonderful, the staff, not so much. rude and uncaring. I'm glad I don't go there any longer.

May 4th, 2011
Dr. El Mawan
This Doctor is very nice mannerly and sincere.Although, the staff set the stage and they are very discourteous at times very abrupt and snippy with their mannersThey should not be working the front deskthey over book appointments if you have an 11:30am you may not be seen until 12:30pm 15 people may be waiting again the Dr. is great but the staff of Latina office help caters to the spanish with no respect for others and no im not picking on the spanish they are simply snippy and disrepectfull.