Dr. Mohamed Katerji MD Patient Reviews

January 18th, 2016
Made us feel like a number
Son was diagnosed with seizers, we were able to get in right away. While there waited a hour past our appt time in waiting and exam room. He finally comes in room and look over our son and looks at EEG and says yes he has seizers we are going to give him medication. He writes the prescription without having us ask questions or concerns. We have to stop him to ask question and he answers a few like we are bothering him. We are worried about what this medicine would do to the mind and body of a 6 year old. We left feeling like we were just money for him. Decided to get second opinion from a Dr. at Lurie children's hospital, which is top 5 in pediatric neurology. He told us that he does not need medication, because the seizers are so small that meds would be more problem then helpful and would probable out grow the seizers. The new Dr and nurses spent time with us, explained everything, and answered all the questions we had. All thing Dr. Katerji never did.

October 25th, 2014
Dr. Katerji and his staff are excellent, patient since 2007.

February 12th, 2014
Parent
Dr. Katerji is an amazing, brilliant and a very smart pediatric neurologist. I have never met a smarter neuro than Dr. Katerji . My kids have very complex medical issues on top of two rare diseases. Our first visit with Dr. Katerji blew my mind. I didn't have a lot of reports to share with him. Not a lot was figured out and I only had neuropsych reports and Kennedy Kreiger reports along with vision reports and some genetic reports. We were at a stand still no one knew what was wrong with my three Boys or could even diagnose them right. I didn't have to explain my kids and go into great length in explaining things about them as I had for the previous four years. He was seeing things in them for himself. Voicing what he was recognizing as there issues and his concerns with them. Voicing so much more that seriously amazed me! A Doc that finally understands my kids. He gets them and sees what I have been trying to have others see for the previous four years! Not enough words can express how amazed I am with Dr. Katerjis brilliance and intelligence. His knowledge is mind blowing! His expertise and care he has for my boys brings tears to my eyes! He's figured out so many issues and he's a problem solver and a fixer! He cares about his patients. He cares about helping figure them out along with controlling their symptoms and helping them have a better daily life despite facing a progressive rare disease with limited treatments and therapies. That's there's no cure for. He gives my kids hope and gives us as parents hope! Every time we see him we are greeted with the warmest genuine smile and his warm spirited friendliness! There aren't enough words to express how grateful we are to have Dr. Katerji taking care of our three boys! Truly a blessing!