Dr. Mohamed Mitwally MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 28th, 2016
He is awesome

September 15th, 2016
Blessed to be his patient
He is kind, patient, and attentive. He radiates hope which is what I need in a case like this.

July 21st, 2016
Dr Mitwally called me personally to review labs & after I missed an appointment just to check up on me. He is very sweet. The wait time in Edinburg clinic is long but in San Antonio I was seen right away. I am grateful he monitored me throughout my pregnancy after a miscarriage. It was peace of mind to know I was under his care.

June 5th, 2016
The best fertility doctor
I have truly never met a doctor as genuinely kind and interested in the well being of his patients as Doctor Mitwally. My husband and I cannot say enough praise for this doctor. While I have not had a viable pregnancy in the short while I've been going to him, I have confidence it will happen. I could ask Dr. Mitwally a hundred questions, and after thoroughly answering them, he would still ask if I have any more. He personally calls me weekly to discuss lab results and personally gets on the phone with me if I have any questions- that is something unheard of these days!

February 13th, 2016
I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Mitwally & his staff caring for our needs & wishes

November 4th, 2015
Wonderful, caring and kind doctor
Wonderful doctor! I recommend him to anyone who needs this type of doctor.

November 3rd, 2015
Educated doctor but terrible customer service
Overall, the doctor seemed to know what he was doing but his practice comes across as deceptive. I went to this doctor upon the recommendation of my oncologist before undergoing chemotherapy. I paid my $30 copay for the office visit and then I paid $100 for the onsite labwork he ordered. I received the results back the same day. About one month later I received a bill for $2,198.75 for a whole group of lab results. It was from an independent lab but the doctor had not discussed any of this with me nor did he have clearance from me to order these tests. Had he simply told me about the tests then I could have easily said 'no' since I already knew my health insurance wouldn't cover fertility services. I tried multiple times to discuss the bill with his staff and finally had an appointment scheduled with dr. mitwally. His staff called me at the scheduled appointment time and said dr. mitwally would be with me shortly since his previous appointment was running late. After I waited 20 minutes on hold, his staff came back on the line to say my insurance wouldn't cover a phone consultation so I'd have to pay $150 for the appointment. I said I just wanted to find out what all the tests had been ordered for and they told me again that I'd have to pay $150 for a phone consultation. I told her to forget it and ended the call. At this point I'm still trying to work something out with the independent lab in order to pay the bill. The biggest issue is that I'm having to pay a crazy amount for a bunch of tests for which I don't even have results from nor would I know what they meant even if I did have a copy. I'm not upset at the independent lab as they're not to blame. Dr. Mitwally's office is to blame as they ordered the lab tests and didn't discuss it with their patient. I hope others find this useful and don't end up having to go through the same terrible situation my wife and I had to endure.

April 10th, 2015
The best doctor ever!!!

March 1st, 2015
Helped us immensely
This Dr. succeeded where other Doctors failed. Any problems with nurses or office staff is just a byproduct of Odessa, TX where most employees are below average compared to other regions.

October 9th, 2013
Great doctor with long wait times....
I love how Dr. Mitwally has been published and he is one of the Dr.'s that did the research to find that Femara is useful in treating infertility in women. Femara is usually prescribed for breast cancer, but Dr. Mitwally (and I believe one other dr.) noticed that it seemed to cause super-ovulation in the women taking it. He is very knowledgeable and respectful. The downside to visiting his office is that you will often have very long wait times, ranging anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour. They have also increased prices at least once already this year. One other thing that I have personally experienced is that the office staff who called me with the results of some tests that I had done, could not answer simple and basic questions. They told me my results were abnormal and I asked what that meant, what was wrong with me. They couldn't answer me other than to say the dr. prescribed some meds and to start taking them right away. It took weeks for my next appointment of which I spent the whole time stressing for the dr. to explain to me what it meant. Could definitely use more experienced and knowledgeable office staff.

July 3rd, 2013
Miss you in Canada, One of the best best doctors i have ever met!
Dr. Mitwally is a kind doctor with a great amazing heart, After being told by many doctors i couldnt get pregnant, doctor Mitwally helped my husband and I and we got pregnant right away with our son, He is patient, kind, understanding, caring. You truly are a fool not to go to him. He is a doctor who really cares ...unlike other doctors who just do it for money! I wish wish wish he was still in canada. Oh how we miss you here!

April 2nd, 2013
mad
First off my impression of the place was good. Didnt see the doctor cus it wasent that kind of an appointment. Girls in the office were dumb.didnt seem to know what they were doing and couldnt answer our questions. A week later when I called to get the results of a test that I ordered and paid for in cash, I was told I couldn't get them.they were very rude and told me we had to make another appt to get the results.they never billed our insurance. .just cash up front.i dont even want to call these people again, rude ignorance.