Dr. Mohammad Ali, MD
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.9387755102041 of 4 stars
by Toni on May 22nd, 2014

I honestly cannot say enough amazing things about Dr. Ali and his team. He is professional, diligent and caring. From the time I arrived at the office for a consultation to my post op visit I felt respected, comfortable and cared for. I highly recommend him to anyone considering any kind of plastic surgery. My breasts look amazing and now I can’t wait for a new tummy!!

|  Abdominal Hernia Repair with component separation as well as Liposuction  |  show details
by Cecilia L on May 5th, 2014

My abdomen was very lumpy and misshapen to the point that it was affecting my self esteem. Thanks to Dr. Ali's professionalism and expertise, my abdomen now looks normal again. I found Dr. Ali to be very open and kind. I felt very comfortable with him from the very beginning. He has a very kind and caring demeanor that put me at ease immediately. But more than that, I felt he was an amazing surgeon that repaired my abdomen and calmed my fears along every step of the surgery that he performed. I was a very scared, 60 year old, overweight patient but he made me feel that I was in good hands because he was kind and he was gentle. I would highly recommend Dr. Ali to anyone contemplating plastic surgery. He is very skilled and very kind; and I would not hesitate to recommend him or to go back to him again.

|  Breast Reduction October 2009  |  show details
by Pat Williams on Jan 29th, 2014

Dr. Ali was the greatest as well as his office staff. Would I do it again in a heartbeat! I couldn't have chosen a better surgeon than Dr. Ali! I love my new look..... I have referred many to your office and will continue to do so! You're the BEST! Thanks Again!

|  Happy  |  show details
by Leah P. on Dec 23rd, 2013

When I began this 10-year long journey to get brave enough to have a breast reduction surgery, my family doctor recommended Dr. Ali. When I went for my consultation both he and his staff made me feel comfortable and calmed my fears. The surgery was what I would term no big deal. The facility used was top notch and professionally staffed. When follow up appointments were needed, every effort was made to make sure I was happy and didn't have any concerns. All in all, I am VERY happy with the results of the surgery, the professionalism and kindness of Dr. Ali, and the wonderful staff in his office. I would recommend anyone to take that big step towards being a better you!

Sep 19th, 2013

Dr. Ali and his staff are amazing and the whole process was great. I had a tummy tuck and a very good experience. I hardly experienced any pain and ten days later was pretty much back to normal life. Highly recommend Dr. Ali.

by JW on Jul 29th, 2013

Dr. Ali was awesome. I had breast augmentation. I was very concerned with getting too big of implants, as I am very small. I expressed my concerns with Dr. Ali...He listened, and told me his thoughts as well. He ordered 3 different size implants, and told me he wasn't sure until surgery what was going to work for my body...I am so glad he is the surgeon, and not me! He was right with his original thought as far as size went, however, never made me feel that I was crazy! I would have been so disappointed if I had gone with the size I had picked out! From the first appointment I felt comfortable with him. I had several questions, and he never rushed me through an appointment. He has a great bedside manner, and is incredibly professional! I have already referred him to several of my friends, as he did a beautiful job. I did not have one bruise, which speaks volumes to the kind of skilled surgeon he is. My incisions have healed beautifully. I certainly hope I don't have to go back to him for a long time, however, he will definitely be my go-to plastic surgeon! Thanks Dr. Ali for making this procedure so easy for me!

|  Breast Cancer Survivor  |  show details
by Brenda M. on Jul 9th, 2013

My situation was complex due to radiation/ cancer. I waited ten years to make my decision on a surgeon. I had interviewed several doctors and was not comfortable and did not trust them to work on me. Dr. M. Azhar Ali of Amae, West Bloomfield was always willing to take time to answer and questions and did not rush me to make a decision. He also assured me that he would do his very best to make me happy with his results. At the hospital he was very calming prior to surgery which helped ease my nerves. The hospital staff were professional, caring, and made sure that I was comfortable before and after surgery. Dr. Ali's office staff are friendly and professional as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Ali for any surgery you are considering. I am very happy with my entire experience and would return for future work if needed. THANK YOU DR. ALI AND STAFF!!!

|  Under Arm and Thigh lift with liposuction  |  show details
by Stephanie Furman on Jun 17th, 2013

I am a 32 year old female. I have lost a significant amount of weight. I have a lot of loose skin under my upper arm as well as loose armpit. Dr Ali was able to remove all the extra skin leaving me with a very firm under arm. My thighs had a bit of loose skin inside the inner thigh so he lipo and removed the skin. It's been 6 weeks since surgery, recovery was minimal and I had hardly any pain. I was back to work in two weeks and now I am back to exercise. Very happy with the result, scarring is very hidden and looking great! I would have it done again tomorrow!!!!!

by Kathy C on May 23rd, 2013

Love Dr. Ali and love the results! He was recommended to me by a friend who's having reconstruction after a mastectomy. He answered all my questions and addressed the fears I had prior to surgery. I feel and look so much better. My surgery was two months ago and my scars are already fading.

|  Breast reduction  |  show details
May 13th, 2013

For many years I considered having a breast reduction, but I was scared to get it done. I had the breast reduction 4 months ago, and I wished I would have done it sooner. The surgery wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. It helped with my neck and back pain, and I was even standing up straighter. I didn't realize how many problems large breast caused until I had the surgery. Thanks to Dr. Ali and his staff. I couldn't be happier.

|  RN  |  show details
by Maria K. on May 11th, 2013

Well, I was referred by an RN I work with, for a breast reduction and abdominal lipo in prep for tummy tuck in a few months. I was extremely impressed with Dr. Ali from the first meeting thru the pre op and post op time. He has a very calming demeanor, and is very confident, with good reason, his work is amazing! I am 1 week out from the surgery and feeling great! I would highly recommend him to anyone, and would be happy to talk about the procedures. I appreciate the opportunity to brag about him and his office staff, who were very accommodating, supportive and helpful! I'm very excited and looking forward to the tummy tuck!

|  Great Experience  |  show details
by Ann D. on Apr 15th, 2013

Dr. Ali really took the time to understand what I was looking for and to make sure my expectations were realistic. He's extremely knowledgeable and has a tremendous amount of experience. I learned in doing my research that not all doctors who claim they're plastic surgeons actually have training in plastic surgery. But Dr. Ali has had extensive training in both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. I'd recommend Dr. Ali to anyone considering plastic surgery.

|  look around  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2013

Based on my expierence I would not reccomend him nor will I have him do any other procedures on me. Nice staff. Some are inexpierenced. Good luck to you if you do decide on Dr. Ali.

|  My overall experience  |  show details
by Debbie on Feb 21st, 2013

I am a 59 year old lady that has had large breast issues most of my adult life. I vacilated for several years as to whether I should have a breast reduction done. Finally with persuasion from others that have had the procedure done and for my overall health I decided to have the procedure done. What a blessing!!! I should have had this done years ago! I had the best experience with Dr. Ali. He is a caring person and has an excellent beside manner, taking all the time you need to explain the procedure before as well as after and answering all my questions. I would highly recommend (and I will!) Dr. Ali to anyone that is contemplating having a breast reduction. Don't wait unitl you're 59! I am so excited to start my new healthy life in 4 more week (still in recovery time phase)!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2013

I went to 2 other plastic surgeons before meeting Dr. Ali. Neither one of them impressed me. Then I met Dr. Ali and I knew I wouldn't be having any more consultaions with other doctors. I went in for a consultaion for a tummy tuck. Dr. Ali spent the most time wtih me. During the exam he found a hernia in my belly button. The other doctors did not. It was so nice to have that fixed at the same time. After the surgery he answered all my questions and wasn't rushing out of the room during the follow appointments. If I ever decide to have another surgery I would for sure have Dr. Ali do it. I wouldn't even bother having a consultion with another doctor. His staff was just as wonderful!

|  Breast Implant Reconstruction; CA. of the Breasts  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2012

Not happy at all with the results following a double Mast. because of Breast CA. He wanted the surgery done at his clinic, not the hosp. which I said No to. After months of "so called stretching under the muscle" getting ready for the actual surgery, I just wanted my nice 36B's back. I was left uneven, they called to schedule a nipple construction and I refused to see him ever again! I am 5 yrs. out and need reconstruction do to them shifting, I can't wear anything tight, and finding a bra is a real joke. His bedside manner is almost too sweet, would not recommend, and thought of a suit against him!

Nov 5th, 2012

fantastic, awesome Dr. recommend him to anyone

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2012

Iam An RN and would say that my experience was the best!! He has the best bedside manner and takes time with his patients. I am so Happy with my Breast Augmentation and my recovery time was minimal ...So Happy!

|  Dr. Ali and his team are #1!  |  show details
May 30th, 2012

I had breast reduction in Feb 2012 and could not be happier with the results. Dr. Ali and his team go above and beyond any other team! I have had several other procedures and I he exceeded my expectations with his level of experience, honesty and professionalism! thank you!

May 20th, 2012

Dr. Ali performed my breast reduction and I am completely overjoyed and satisfied with the results. I had very minimal pain and my recovery time was extremely fast with no set backs. Dr. Ali handled all of my concerns with professionalism and care. I was a DDD and I am now a full C with VERY MINIMAL scarring. I have no regrets!!! -Theri

|  Excellent patient care  |  show details
May 7th, 2012

Dr. Ali is a gentleman, a superb gifted surgeon who can be trusted. I was referred to him by a friend who works with him as well. I would choose him all over again.

|  Positive experience!  |  show details
May 2nd, 2012

I am 63 years old. Since adulthood, I've had large, heaavy breasts causing poor posture, gait and balance. Last July, I decided to have breast reduction both for my phyesical health and for appearance. Dr. Ali was the best in all the above categories. I wish I had this surgery years ago.

Apr 26th, 2012

My overall experience with Dr. Ali was great. He always asked if I had any questions, and when I did, he took the time to explain to me what I needed to know. Dr. Ali made me feel very comfortable in what I considered a stressful situation. The staff is also great. I had to call the office several times for insurance and work related paperwork, and they were always more than happy to help me out. I will definitely recommend Dr. Ali.

|  Breast Implant Surgery  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2012

Dr. Ali and his staff were very professional and put me at ease through all phases of my augmentation consultation, surgery and post-op visits. I interviewed/consulted with 3 other physicians prior to meeting with Dr. Ali and felt 100% confident and comfortable with him and his abilities after my initial and subsequent visits. His bedside manner is wonderful and he will patiently explain, in detail if you wish, exactly how he performs his surgery's and what makes his methodology's better than others in his field. I thoroughly investigated him and others and found zero negative feedback on him or his staff. I would highly recommend him for this procedure.

Jan 27th, 2012

I want to personally thank Dr. Ali and his staff, they were careing, curtious and proffetional..I was more then a patient to them..they made me feel comfortable and I would highly reccomend them to everyone.

Jan 26th, 2012

Excellent plastic surgeon, very caring and professional.

|  Abdominoplasty Procedure  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2011

I really liked Dr. Ali. He performed an abdominoplasty. I had absolutely no complications during or immediately after surgery. There were some minor revisions that needed to be done (in office) after healing time and swelling had diminished. Dr. Ali carefully and accurately dealt with those side effects, which I knew were possibilities going into the procedure. I have NO complaints about Dr. Ali.

|  Tummy Tuck  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2011

Dr Ali changed my life! Over the last several years I have lost 75lbs and had a baby. I went to see Dr Ali for a consultation where he answered my questions and mad me feel comfortable in proceeding with the abdominoplasty. My results are amazing I have never felt better about my body and the recovery was very minimal and the pain was hardly at all. I absolutely recommend Dr Ali for any procedure he is wonderful!!!

Oct 18th, 2011

I would definately recommend Dr. Ali as a plastic surgeon. He was professional and discrete and was very attentive to my concerns. I researched 3 other Doctors, to compare with Dr. Ali. and found that there was no comparrison. I would rate a 10, being the highest numer to Dr. Ali andhis nurses.

Sep 28th, 2011

I had a breast reduction done in December of 2010 and it was the best thing I could have done. Dr. Ali was kind, professional, caring. I would definitely go back to him if I had other areas of my body that needed taking care of.

Sep 16th, 2011

Dr. Ali was extremely helpful throughout the process of my procedure. He was the first surgeon that I met with but I liked him right away and felt comfortable placing myself in his care. Making appoints that fit with my schedule was fairly easy, and most of the time I was in and out of the office in 20 minutes or so. The office staff are all friendly and helpful. Dr. Ali did a wonderful job with my breast reconstruction/augmentation and I would recommend him to friends and family. He was very helpful answering any questions I had. The one negative experience I had with Dr. Ali was more to do with the billing and insurance, there were multiple mistakes made throughout the process but the quality of Dr. Ali's work was worth the trouble.

|  Other Doctors should take a page out of Dr. Ali book.  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2011

My younger daughter needed to have surgery, I was more nervous than her just because I did not feel that I could trust any Doctor to take care of my daughter like I would have wanted them to but Dr. Ali is some kind of Doctor. He not only put a young nervous girl at ease but her mother too. I am looking into have surgery at a later date and also recommending Dr. Ali to every and anyone that will listen. His smile and gentleness is also appreciated. I can not thank you enough. He also has a great staff let me not forget them they all were professional. Once again from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!

|  Breast Augmentation and Lipo  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2011

This was my 6th consultation. Once I met Dr Ali, I knew he was the one. No other Dr asked ME as many questions as Dr Ali had. He actually talked me OUT of a tummy tuck when all other Dr's were ready to comply with my request---and take my money. I am so extremely glad I went with liposuction instead. I clearly did not need a tummy tuck and not to mention my breasts look amazing! Something I learned at his office was that he specializes in breast reconstruction surgery for cancer survivors. He is smart, artistic and he cares. I would recommend Dr Ali to everyone. He is worth checking out before you make your final decision.

Jun 8th, 2011

My surgery was better than I expected and am very pleased with his work! I've refered 2 people to him already! He made me feel so comfortable before, during and after my breast reconstruction, I couldn't be happier!

Mar 24th, 2011

We were totally impressed with Dr. Ali from our initial consultation. He made my wife feel totally at ease and assured her that everything would be fine. He did an outstanding job with the surgery and my wife feels so much better, both physically and emotionally. Thank you. I would recommend Dr. Ali in a heartbeat to anyone thinking about having this type of surgery.

Mar 11th, 2011

Dr Azhar Ali and his staff is very professional and kind. Dr Ali is a very good Plastic Surgeon he did a Brest Reduction on me and he did a wonderful job. I would recommend him to anyone that is looking for a Plastic Surgeon.

|  Very skilled with great bedside manner. A  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2011

Dr. Ali has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've ever seen. His calm, caring, professional manner helped me endure a very rough chapter of my life. I would recommend Dr. Ali to any woman going through breast reconstruction after a mastectomy. He is truly skilled and cares about his patients. I feel like the woman I was before breast cancer due to Dr. Ali.

Jan 15th, 2011

Would recommend Dr. Ali to anyone considering plastic surgery. He was recommended to me by many medical staff members before I made my decision for a plastic surgeon.

Jan 11th, 2011

From my first appointment throughout my care, my experience with Dr. Ali and his staff has been wonderful. Dr. Ali is very caring, meticulous and professional. He ensured I was completely informed and comfortable with my decision to have surgery. Following my surgery he and his staff ensured I was doing well and I had minimal discomfort and was ecstatic with my results. I would highly recommend Dr. Ali and his staff!

|  lynda  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2011

Dr. Ali is a very caring, excellent, professional plastic surgeon. I would recommend him to my friends for any plastic surgery they may choose to have or is needed.

|  Recent patient  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2010

Dr. Ali [Bloomfield Hills] removed a carcinoma on my face last year. I thought I would try out a little cosmetic surgery while I was at it. Had my eye lids done and a little pucker added to my lips. I was so pleased with the outcome that I'm back again every year for maintenance [lips]. I've heard stories from friends who had bad experiences [pain, disappointing results, etc]. Integrity?.... his ofc called me to apologize for a billing error they discovered and is refunding me $100. Dr. Ali is a great surgeon and I recommend him highly.