Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Consistent Quality Care show details Consistent Quality Care
by SPC on Sep 6th, 2016

Dr Ahsan is so busy but I receive focused, personal care every visit. I've been a patient of other clinics whose goal it seems is to cookie cutter an RX and get you out of the door in minutes. My quality of life has improved significantly that I can do some exercise, work etc. The other medical staff are equally as attentive.

Unparalleled skills and expertise! show details Unparalleled skills and expertise!
by Gail - Huntley, IL on Aug 24th, 2016

Worried and concerned with my diagnosis of permanent spinal injuries, I turned to the expert! Highly regarded by others in the medical field, Dr. Ahsan is a master of his skill! He is kind, gentle and exudes confidence when communicating with you during the procedures. He is a doctor to trust and feel at ease with and is absolutely worth the wait!! I wouldn't go anywhere else except Northwest Suburban Pain Center!!

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by Janet Dabetic on Apr 13th, 2016

My primary Doctor recommended Dr. Ahsan and I couldn't be happier. He is kind, compassionate, and has a good sense of humor. He has never questioned my pain or said it was in my head. He has helped my pain with whatever he felt would work and I feel much better than I did before. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Exceptional Pain Relief show details Exceptional Pain Relief
by Ken Vangelista on Apr 10th, 2016

Nothing but praise for Dr. Ahsan. He knows every nerve in your body, and can stop the pain without pain killers. An excellent physician. I recommend him to anyone dealing with nerve pain. No disappointments. I trust him with my life.

Mar 28th, 2016

very good dr. for pain

Dr. Ahsan is an excellent doctor show details Dr. Ahsan is an excellent doctor
Feb 16th, 2016

Dr. Ahsan is an excellent doctor with a pleasant bedside manner. He seem too be in high demand which leads to a longer wait time than I personally like to be in the waiting room. All office and medical staff are pleasant and welcoming. I would highly recommend Dr. Ahsan and his office.

Great doc who has changed my quality of life show details Great doc who has changed my quality of life
by Angenette F. on Dec 21st, 2015

Dr. Ahsan is a great doctor I have been seeing for years to help with my arthritic back. He knows how to treat pain with minimal use of drugs, which is important to me. He has a relationship with me and remembers things about my life and family, so I'm not just another chart. He also has a great sense of humor. I would recommend him to anyone suffering from chronic pain.

The only thing that means anything is the MD after his name. show details The only thing that means anything is the MD after his name.
by Geneva Poynter on Aug 22nd, 2015

When I went, I was apprehensive about the shots. I had never had an epidural. I could not understand the first person who took info. The PA was very kind and helpful. HOWEVER, after that I felt like I was a number! I was on the table waiting for the doctor too long for an old person with LOTS of arthritis. He came in, did the shots and left. After the PA's nice treatment, the rest was like an assembly line. I did not appreciate that.

Overall Dr. Ahsan Review show details Overall Dr. Ahsan Review
by Paul on Aug 6th, 2015

He and his staff have helped me so much over the past 5 years since my accident. He is very knowledgeable and caring. He and his staff go that extra mile. He finds different ways to help manage my pain and is always looking for the next technology to see if it will help me. He also has a vast network of other Doctors that he can refer patients to or for other issues to help with . I highly recommend Dr. Ahsan! Thank you very much for helping me get this far and I know you will continue to do so. Thanks! :)

The Best Pain Specialist show details The Best Pain Specialist
by Ann Isbell on Aug 4th, 2015

Dr. Ahsan is so funny and personable. He's serious about his profession and loves his job. He puts me at ease, and I just think he's the best! He's my doctor and my friend. His staff is so kind and they all have a wonderful sense of humor. He always takes my pain away immediately. When I leave his office, I feel good as new and better than ever. Thank you so much doc! You rock!

Two thumbs down! show details Two thumbs down!
Jul 30th, 2015

He is a horrible doctor. I was made very uncomfortable when he asked to lift up my shirt several times. Not only was he unprofessional but he couldn't help with my injury and not until I went to another doctor my issues were properly diagnosed.

Awesome show details Awesome
by Ms. A on Jun 19th, 2015

I was refered by Dr. Kagzi to Dr. Ahsan for Lower back pain last year. The doctor and his very courteous staff pretty much made the pain "go away". I am highly satisfied by the outcome of the treatment and I would recommend Dr. Ahsan for any pain related health issue. He is awesome and is truly an authority in treating pain.

A Caring Doctor show details A Caring Doctor
by Sharon McGowan on Mar 28th, 2015

When I first visited Dr. Ahsan, I was suffering severe pain in my knee and back. Dr. Ahsan listened to my problems and evaluated my situation. He is professional, kind, and compassionate. Due to his expertise I am pain free and my life has quality.I am able to continue working, enjoy activities with my family and not suffer from constant pain. Dr. Ahsan was highly recommended to me and I also highly recommend him.

Treatments for my shoulder muscle tear & aged deteriotated lumbar/back show details Treatments for my shoulder muscle tear & aged deteriotated lumbar/back
by Raymond D. Herold on Mar 13th, 2015

Dr. Ahsan has & is very attentive, accurate, and thorough in properly treating both areas of my body which were causing high pain and discomfort. His treatments have been so remarkable that I can now exercise properly again and play golf after several years. His staff is very friendly and efficient . I am 82 years old and starting to enjoy life again like when I was 40. I highly recommend Dr. Ahsan for anyone in need of major pain relief.

Best Chronic Pain Doctor show details Best Chronic Pain Doctor
by Paul M on Jan 13th, 2015

Dr. Ahsan has saved me from the pain from the accident I was involved in. He did everything to ease the chronic pain. CRPS PSHD He is always continuing to research and find ways to make my quality of living the best it can be. He also installed an Spinal Cord Stimulator in my cervical, which helped tremendously with the CRPS in my right arm. He never gives up and is always there and is continually supportive.

Outstanding Doctor - Compassionate and Empathetic show details Outstanding Doctor - Compassionate and Empathetic
by Julie on Jan 9th, 2015

I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Mohammad Ahsan. Words cannot express how compassionate, sincere and empathetic he and his staff are. When someone takes your pain away, there is not a way to show enough gratitude. Thank you so much!

by Mariola Luberda on Apr 1st, 2014

I have been safering chronich pain for 15 years, but thank to Dr. Ahsan my pain is well managed. Becasue of him I am able to work fulltime and even go to school. Thank you Doctor Ahsan !!! :)

Helpful show details Helpful
by Susan S on Apr 1st, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Ahsan for a little over a year. He has been very helpful with my managing my many painful back issues. Thanks to him I am able to get around

Very effective physician show details Very effective physician
Jan 4th, 2014

I have a difficult & complex case and have been to many facilities and tried many treatment options. I have had, by far, the most success with Dr. Ahsan. I have been his patient for over 4 years now and he continues to provide excellent care. He listens well and is very intelligent and is a great diagnostician. He matches treatments & medications with the needs of the patient and provides solutions and relief from chronic pain. His staff is organized and efficient, fair and kind. Dr. Ahsan provides the highest level of care and truly cares about his patients and helping improve their quality of life.

LonLog Term Patient's View of Doctor Ashant relationship show details LonLog Term Patient's View of Doctor Ashant relationship
Nov 12th, 2012

I feel as though I need to speak out as a rather long-term patient of Dr. Ashan's. Initially, before any invasive treatment, Dr. Ashan spent a good deal of time with me...examining me, taking notes, reading films and files of other physicians. As time went on, and he began to know my needs as a patient, I spent the majority of my time with someone on his staff & only saw him briefly in an examining room, as he asked his own questions and was following the notes his PA or nurse had made. Following that, I might follow with an epidural injection, though not always. I can imagine that if one hasn't been a patient for awhile, it may seem that you're part of a chain effect. As his practice has grown, I don't know where the time would allow for him to personally return calls...maybe I'm cutting him too much slack. The wait is always long as I assume a procedure may take longer than anticipated. Being in chronic pain does test one's tolerance, and responding to a patient's unrelenting pain within a reasonable amount of time should be expected by a patient. If a patient has called with questions about negative results from a prescribed treatment, they every right to have someone call in response to their anxiety and unlenting pain. When I needed my records from my internist, I found Doctor Ashan's notes from past visits..they were surpringly extensive, detailed.with my entire history, not just since I'd also become his patient. This is part of the whole of doctoring. The longer I've known him, his bedside manner has become more like a surgeon (not known for their bedside manner, but technical skills). I've never felt, "God, I hope he doesn't screw this up." His office in Arlington Heights could benefit from a doubling of physical space. I don't know how his staff manages to operate in such close quarters. Christine, who takes care of much of scheduling and incoming calls is a gem. I always feel her humanity and patience. But don't call and assume to be serviced immediately...the lines are always ringing and patients coming to her desk to book future appointments.

Nursing Informatiocs Specialist show details Nursing Informatiocs Specialist
May 22nd, 2012

From the beginning, he treated me as a person with emotions; his approach was calm and gentle, as he urged me to tell him how I felt and what interventions had been tried so far. He listened to me, again as a person, not as just one more patient who was complaining.Dr. Ahsan understands people in pain, and has both the technical skills and the people skills to truly heal. His holistic focus enables him to heal the spirit as well as the physical problems.

Reduced my pain significantly show details Reduced my pain significantly
May 1st, 2012

Staff asks screening questions, doctor determines the problem and addresses during the visit. Sometimes the wait is a little long. Bring Xray or MRI with you.

Shingles cured in 24 hours with spinal injection show details Shingles cured in 24 hours with spinal injection
Apr 3rd, 2012

Having battled a severe case of shingles for 3 1/2 months in the breast area I finally saw Dr. Ashan who RX'd a patch which did nothing. He then convinced me that an injection into the thorax spine would help. It took a lot for me to agree but indeed the rash and pain disapeared within 24 - 36 hours. The injection itself was done quickly, efficiently and with no discomfort.

STAY AWAY! OFFICE MANAGER IS A LIAR & DR AHSAN IS THE WORST DOC IVE EVER BEEN TO!! show details STAY AWAY! OFFICE MANAGER IS A LIAR & DR AHSAN IS THE WORST DOC IVE EVER BEEN TO!!
Jul 18th, 2011

I saw Dr Ahsan several times. His front office manager is a bold faced liar with a horrible attitude. She lied about costs of being treated in the office. I had to pay out of pocket till my insurance kicked in and needed pricing information. I was told one amount by her over the phone and then was given a bill for much higher after being seen with no recourse. The rest of the front office is terrible with bad attitudes. I saw Dr Ahsan for a chronic pain issue from a car accident i was in, he first takes me off my current meds which had been working quite well for me then switches me to something different which did nothing for me and left me in horrible pain and tells me to follow up with him in a few weeks. I called his office as I was getting no relief from the new meds. No call back from Dr Ahsan. So I see him again at my follow up and told him the medication he gave me is not working, so what does he do...he just tells me to take more of the same useless crap!! Again I leave his office and am in pain, so I call his office again a couple days later to tell him his medication is not working and his front office takes a message. No call back from Dr Ahsan again!! 3 days later I get a call from his nurse and she seems shocked that the meds are not helping and am told to keep taking it and to simply put ice on the area!!! I wait 3 days to be told to put ice on it???? UNACCEPTABLE!! I demand to speak to Ahsan and am told he is not there and to keep my next appointment. At this point I am left hurting real bad and ended up going to the emergency room several times since his garbage medication was useless. Dr Ahsan is rude in person, has no compassion and acts like a dictator when you are with him. I know my body and I know what works for me and what does not, you try to explain this to him and he simply does not listen and now Im stuck with his bill and no relief. TOTAL MALPRACTICE! I will be filing a formal complaint with the hospital board and if he pursues his bill I will sue him for malpractice as I will by no means pay him since he did nothing but leave me in terrible pain after I told him his meds were not effective. He does not listen, he just cares about his wallet and has totally forgotten his Hippocratic Oath. On my last appointment his front office manager again lies about the charges and changes the amount, she calls me 2 hours before my appointment and tells me that I need to bring in a certain amount of money to be seen and claims I was told this during the prior appointment which I was not, 2 hours notice???? UNACCEPTABLE. She keeps changing dollar amounts!! I arrive and said something about it only to be given more lies. Dr Ahsan then wants to keep using the same drug on me which has not helped me at all. At this point I just got up and walked out of his office, told his staff where to stick the bill...and advised them that they will be hearing from my attorney. STAY AWAY FROM DR AHSAN!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! STAY AWAY!!

He wants to play KING show details He wants to play KING
by tdhclueless50 on Mar 23rd, 2011

I've been on pain meds for 11 years. At 55 yrs. old I've been through the gamment of shots, 80% of my L section has been fused, had stimolator inserted & removed... He wanted to do the same and He cut my pain Drugs in half, NOW HE WON'T WRITE A REFERRAL TO SEE A CARRING PAN DR.

Dr Ahsan is good show details Dr Ahsan is good
Mar 7th, 2011

I like Dr Ahsan, he listens, has a great sense of humor and has friendly staff.

Mar 7th, 2011

I had a Kyphoplasty procedure by Dr. Ahsan. He was patient, had excellent bedside manner, and I was completely pain free after the procedure. I highly recommend his practice!

Nov 11th, 2010

Dr. Ahsan has been wonderful. I received an epidural in my neck in his office. It was painless and has made all the difference in my life. I had done a lot of different things, but this was the one that worked for me

Life saver! show details Life saver!
by Anonymous on Jun 13th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Lived w/ chronic pain for 9 yrs. before finding Dr. Ahsan. He was on call during a hospital stay & came to consult. He was kind, reassuring, & ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com