Dr. Mohammad Bitar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 13 reviews

July 6th, 2016
MSN, RN
I have had the greatest experience with Dr. Bitar. I can see call him during office hours or near closing and he was able to get my daughter in not only at his office, but also specialty clinics within hours. Through his routine exam he was even able to recognize my child as advanced developmentally.

March 31st, 2015
best doctor ever
My children have been seeing Dr. Bitar for the last 14 years. He is by far the best pediatrician in southeast Detroit. My children love him and his office staff. His office staff is so nice. They are always sincere with my kids and so patient when my children are in a fuss. The office very clean and tidy. Dr. Bitar treats my kids like his own. He gives us plenty of time for questions, and he is so thorough and caring in his response. He is always available after hours for my questions. And you never have to go through an answering service to reach him. He gives his direct cell phone number to all his patients. Great doctor. Will keep him for my grandkids!

March 29th, 2015
dirty, unfriendly, not knowledgeable
When you first walk in you're met with a staff who acts annoyed at having to do their job. After you sign in, you turn around to see your child playing with toys that look like they have been stired in a truck stop bathroom. I doubt that the toys have Ever seen so much as a drop of water that wasn't accidentally spiled from a child's sippy cup. Luckily you're never in the waiting room long, so you don't have to decide between your child getting Ebola from the dirty toys or screaming because you won't let them touch the disgusting toys. Once you get into the exam room the waiting starts. At least someone finally hung some kid friendly posters a decals in the room, but it still gets boring really quick to 1 and 2.5 year olds. If you had planned to wash your kids hands in the exam room to get rid of any germs they picked up from the toys in the waiting room, you're out of luck. There is no soap or hot water in any of the exam rooms. How this is even allowed in a doctors office is just insanity. But watch closely; If the person seeing your child that day even attempts to "wash" their hands before touching your premie during flu season it will be nothing more than a 3-5 second rinse under cold water. But don't worry, because Bitar, his office staff or the nurse practitioner rarely ever attempt to pretend to wash their hands. Bitars knowledge on modern practices is amusing at best, and dangerous at worst. I was once concerned when my first child's urine smelled like yeast, I asked if it could be a yeast infection/thrush coming on. He told me that I probably wasn't changing her diaper enough because diapers smell funnny if left on for hours. This was an interesting assumption because : A) we cloth diaper. They smell like nothing. B) even if they had smell, you can't leave them on for house because they will leak. C) my daughter had never sat in a diaper, as was evident by the fact that she was then 10 months old and had never had a rash in her life. But hey, I am just a stupid parent, what would I know? He brushed me off and I had to call back 2 days later for Nystatin for my daughters yeast diaper rash. The good news here was that I didn't have to go in to have the cream prescribed. The bad news was that they called in oral Nystatin instead of the diaper cream, so I had to wait until the next day to call and have them prescribe the correct medication. Just further proving that they don't listen to anything parents have to say. I could tell of the day he laughed in my face and said "what, did you read that on the Internet?" In regards to car seat safty. I would have loved to have gone back in to laugh in his face when MI started working to make rear facing until 2 years old the law, but that would have meant having to endure his staff and filthy office. Switching pediatricians was the best decision ever.

September 3rd, 2013
Excellent pediatrician
Dr Bitar was recommended by our OBGYN while I was pregnant with my youngest son. We have been seeing him for 10 years and think he is one of the kindest, most compassionate, and thorough doctors we have met. The office is not very modern or fancy, but the care is excellent. My son has complete trust in his doctor and we have a lot of confidence in him. No matter how busy the office may be, Dr Bitar has always taken the time to sit and listen and ends every visit by asking if we have any other questions or concerns. He definitely makes you feel like you have his complete attention and never leave there feeling like you were rushed out.

July 24th, 2013
Don't trust this office
I have been bringing my son to Dr.Bitar for a year now which needless to say I currently found a new doctor. He speaks to fast and made me feel rushed after I sat in the waiting room 45 mins after my appointment. The office girls are rude and I could clearly hear them gossiping about other patients on several occasions. I do not trust the foreign nurse what so ever with my son she was rough with my son when checking him in. I was also sad to hear the one nurse jen left. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Stay clear

July 17th, 2013
12 years with him and counting....
I have referred many a mom to Dr. Bitar. My neice and nephew are his patients due to other docs that didn't measure up for my sister. I have 2 daughters that have seen him since birth. We moved out of the his local office area 12 years ago, shortly after my first daughter started seeing him, and because she was a difficult first baby, we continued with him even with a 40 min drive. He got us through our first year of colic, reflux, and first time mom questions, and because of that first year of his expertise we have stayed with him 12 years later. He is very knowledgeable, is always researching, always calls you back when you leave a message for him on his pager (sometimes not as quick as I like but he does), and spends the time you need to get the answers you want. The girls are comfortable with him and I was sorry to hear that his newest female physician just left when I scheduled physicals for the girls next month. She was a great addition as well, since my girls are growing up now. Consider the source of the other opinions stated and note the ones that are his LONG term patients instead. Dr. Bitar Rocks!!

March 27th, 2013
Love Dr. Bitar
Dr. Bitar is dedicated to his patients and treats every child as if his own. He doesn't order unnecessary tests or waste your time. He doesn't over order treatments and he knows exactly what is wrong or not wrong and tells it to you straight. I love this doctor. The only one I have had consistently for 11 years with four kids and NEVER disappointed!!

February 4th, 2013
Stereotypical money hungry doc
So it looks like the doc tripled booked the time slot for our appointment, because we waited a good 1 hr in the waiting room. He was in a rush through out the appt., probably in a rush to make a golf tee time. Check your bill when you leave this place, we got charged for services we never received and had to persistently call to get the issue resolved.

February 1st, 2013
Worst doctor experience
So we waited for 1 hour in his office before the appointment. Then the nurse took us to our room and we waited there for a half hour. He came in and examined my son and was clearly in a rush. He was RUDE, CURT, and totally INSENSITIVE. He then dumped us off with the nurse instead of answering our questions himself.

May 30th, 2012
patient
the best doctor ever

October 9th, 2009
The best!
Dr. Bitar is very knowledgible, he takes the time to listen to your concerns and questions and answer them. from my experience, although he doesn't open after hours, yet you can leave him a MSG and he'll get to you promptly, and call in prescriptions to your pharmacy if needed. I do not mind driving almost 30 minutes to get to his office knowing the my three little ones are taken good care of.

April 14th, 2009
He's a great Doctor for my little daughter..I strongly recommend him