Pediatrician

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
best doctor ever show details best doctor ever
Mar 31st, 2015

My children have been seeing Dr. Bitar for the last 14 years. He is by far the best pediatrician in southeast Detroit. My children love him and his office staff. His office staff is so nice. They are always sincere with my kids and so patient when my children are in a fuss. The office very clean and tidy. Dr. Bitar treats my kids like his own. He gives us plenty of time for questions, and he is so thorough and caring in his response. He is always available after hours for my questions. And you never have to go through an answering service to reach him. He gives his direct cell phone number to all his patients. Great doctor. Will keep him for my grandkids!

dirty, unfriendly, not knowledgeable show details dirty, unfriendly, not knowledgeable
Mar 29th, 2015

When you first walk in you're met with a staff who acts annoyed at having to do their job. After you sign in, you turn around to see your child playing with toys that look like they have been stired in a truck stop bathroom. I doubt that the toys have Ever seen so much as a drop of water that wasn't accidentally spiled from a child's sippy cup. Luckily you're never in the waiting room long, so you don't have to decide between your child getting Ebola from the dirty toys or screaming because you won't let them touch the disgusting toys. Once you get into the exam room the waiting starts. At least someone finally hung some kid friendly posters a decals in the room, but it still gets boring really quick to 1 and 2.5 year olds. If you had planned to wash your kids hands in the exam room to get rid of any germs they picked up from the toys in the waiting room, you're out of luck. There is no soap or hot water in any of the exam rooms. How this is even allowed in a doctors office is just insanity. But watch closely; If the person seeing your child that day even attempts to "wash" their hands before touching your premie during flu season it will be nothing more than a 3-5 second rinse under cold water. But don't worry, because Bitar, his office staff or the nurse practitioner rarely ever attempt to pretend to wash their hands. Bitars knowledge on modern practices is amusing at best, and dangerous at worst. I was once concerned when my first child's urine smelled like yeast, I asked if it could be a yeast infection/thrush coming on. He told me that I probably wasn't changing her diaper enough because diapers smell funnny if left on for hours. This was an interesting assumption because : A) we cloth diaper. They smell like nothing. B) even if they had smell, you can't leave them on for house because they will leak. C) my daughter had never sat in a diaper, as was evident by the fact that she was then 10 months old and had never had a rash in her life. But hey, I am just a stupid parent, what would I know? He brushed me off and I had to call back 2 days later for Nystatin for my daughters yeast diaper rash. The good news here was that I didn't have to go in to have the cream prescribed. The bad news was that they called in oral Nystatin instead of the diaper cream, so I had to wait until the next day to call and have them prescribe the correct medication. Just further proving that they don't listen to anything parents have to say. I could tell of the day he laughed in my face and said "what, did you read that on the Internet?" In regards to car seat safty. I would have loved to have gone back in to laugh in his face when MI started working to make rear facing until 2 years old the law, but that would have meant having to endure his staff and filthy office. Switching pediatricians was the best decision ever.

Never going Back show details Never going Back
by J Mom on Sep 11th, 2013

Took my step son to his doctors . His mom said she could not understand him and me being a nurse she asked if I would go and check it out. I NEVER told them my back ground just a mom taking her son to the doctor. The Office help was rude . Quoted HIPPA rules to me wrong , than I over heard them talking about patients and other staff. The person ( not sure of title) who took us back to the room didn't not take his Blood pressure , didn't write down important facts I told her about his symptoms. Doc came in and said stomach pain for 9 days. I then told him all the stuff over again. He spoke so fast , when I pointed it out he laughed and said sure you can and kept talking. Ruled out many things with out any test or labs told me he would be sick for 6 to 2 weeks. He than gave him his "yearly physical in less than 10 min." When I had enough and made one statement pointing out a major issue he looked at me and said oh I see and said if you want to change it do it and said good visit and walked out. I was not even sure we were done. I want sure how my husband would feel if I went off on him so I left. WE will never go back . Please do your home work ask question and if he talks to fast make him stop and do his JOB ..... Awful office and awful Dr. will be contacting the medical boards it was that bad.

Excellent pediatrician show details Excellent pediatrician
by Jen K on Sep 3rd, 2013

Dr Bitar was recommended by our OBGYN while I was pregnant with my youngest son. We have been seeing him for 10 years and think he is one of the kindest, most compassionate, and thorough doctors we have met. The office is not very modern or fancy, but the care is excellent. My son has complete trust in his doctor and we have a lot of confidence in him. No matter how busy the office may be, Dr Bitar has always taken the time to sit and listen and ends every visit by asking if we have any other questions or concerns. He definitely makes you feel like you have his complete attention and never leave there feeling like you were rushed out.

Don't trust this office show details Don't trust this office
by Racheal on Jul 24th, 2013

I have been bringing my son to Dr.Bitar for a year now which needless to say I currently found a new doctor. He speaks to fast and made me feel rushed after I sat in the waiting room 45 mins after my appointment. The office girls are rude and I could clearly hear them gossiping about other patients on several occasions. I do not trust the foreign nurse what so ever with my son she was rough with my son when checking him in. I was also sad to hear the one nurse jen left. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Stay clear

12 years with him and counting.... show details 12 years with him and counting....
by Jen, RN on Jul 17th, 2013

I have referred many a mom to Dr. Bitar. My neice and nephew are his patients due to other docs that didn't measure up for my sister. I have 2 daughters that have seen him since birth. We moved out of the his local office area 12 years ago, shortly after my first daughter started seeing him, and because she was a difficult first baby, we continued with him even with a 40 min drive. He got us through our first year of colic, reflux, and first time mom questions, and because of that first year of his expertise we have stayed with him 12 years later. He is very knowledgeable, is always researching, always calls you back when you leave a message for him on his pager (sometimes not as quick as I like but he does), and spends the time you need to get the answers you want. The girls are comfortable with him and I was sorry to hear that his newest female physician just left when I scheduled physicals for the girls next month. She was a great addition as well, since my girls are growing up now. Consider the source of the other opinions stated and note the ones that are his LONG term patients instead. Dr. Bitar Rocks!!

Love Dr. Bitar show details Love Dr. Bitar
Mar 27th, 2013

Dr. Bitar is dedicated to his patients and treats every child as if his own. He doesn't order unnecessary tests or waste your time. He doesn't over order treatments and he knows exactly what is wrong or not wrong and tells it to you straight. I love this doctor. The only one I have had consistently for 11 years with four kids and NEVER disappointed!!

Wrong Office show details Wrong Office
by Not the same on Feb 5th, 2013

Don't confuse this place with shelby pediatric associates on 22 and hayes. I made that mistake and drove to the wrong place. They have nearly the same name, but Shelby Pediatric *Associates* is far and wide the best. That's where I go.

Very disappointed show details Very disappointed
by Bad Experience on Feb 5th, 2013

I was very disappointed with the overall experience. The staff was impolite and impatient. And I was made to feel like a second class citizen because I have medicaid. Also, from the outside, the office looks like a 7/11 in a plaza, and after my experience there it seems like it's run like one too.

Stereotypical money hungry doc show details Stereotypical money hungry doc
by Never Ever Again on Feb 4th, 2013

So it looks like the doc tripled booked the time slot for our appointment, because we waited a good 1 hr in the waiting room. He was in a rush through out the appt., probably in a rush to make a golf tee time. Check your bill when you leave this place, we got charged for services we never received and had to persistently call to get the issue resolved.

Worst doctor experience show details Worst doctor experience
by Mandy on Feb 1st, 2013

So we waited for 1 hour in his office before the appointment. Then the nurse took us to our room and we waited there for a half hour. He came in and examined my son and was clearly in a rush. He was RUDE, CURT, and totally INSENSITIVE. He then dumped us off with the nurse instead of answering our questions himself.

patient show details patient
May 30th, 2012

the best doctor ever

The best! show details The best!
Oct 9th, 2009

Dr. Bitar is very knowledgible, he takes the time to listen to your concerns and questions and answer them. from my experience, although he doesn't open after hours, yet you can leave him a MSG and he'll get to you promptly, and call in prescriptions to your pharmacy if needed. I do not mind driving almost 30 minutes to get to his office knowing the my three little ones are taken good care of.

Apr 14th, 2009

He's a great Doctor for my little daughter..I strongly recommend him

by l.ooghe on Feb 18th, 2009

I too drive apprx. a half hour to take my boys to Dr. Bitar. Simply put he's the bestPediatrician I've come to know over 20 years time, I have 4 sons 20, 19, 6 and 2I wish he was around when my older boys were young.

Feb 22nd, 2008 on yahoo.com

It's very difficult to find a Pediatrician that is good and you are comfortable with. So when you do you should keep them. Dr. Bitar and Staff are wonderful. I have 4 children and my children love them too. I drive over 30 minutes to their office, that sh

Read Full Review at yahoo.com