Pediatricians

Shelby Pediatrics
47389 Van Dyke Ave
Shelby Township, MI 48317
586-739-8030
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Never going Back  |  show details
by J Mom on Sep 11th, 2013

Took my step son to his doctors . His mom said she could not understand him and me being a nurse she asked if I would go and check it out. I NEVER told them my back ground just a mom taking her son to the doctor. The Office help was rude . Quoted HIPPA rules to me wrong , than I over heard them talking about patients and other staff. The person ( not sure of title) who took us back to the room didn't not take his Blood pressure , didn't write down important facts I told her about his symptoms. Doc came in and said stomach pain for 9 days. I then told him all the stuff over again. He spoke so fast , when I pointed it out he laughed and said sure you can and kept talking. Ruled out many things with out any test or labs told me he would be sick for 6 to 2 weeks. He than gave him his "yearly physical in less than 10 min." When I had enough and made one statement pointing out a major issue he looked at me and said oh I see and said if you want to change it do it and said good visit and walked out. I was not even sure we were done. I want sure how my husband would feel if I went off on him so I left. WE will never go back . Please do your home work ask question and if he talks to fast make him stop and do his JOB ..... Awful office and awful Dr. will be contacting the medical boards it was that bad.

|  Excellent pediatrician  |  show details
by Jen K on Sep 3rd, 2013

Dr Bitar was recommended by our OBGYN while I was pregnant with my youngest son. We have been seeing him for 10 years and think he is one of the kindest, most compassionate, and thorough doctors we have met. The office is not very modern or fancy, but the care is excellent. My son has complete trust in his doctor and we have a lot of confidence in him. No matter how busy the office may be, Dr Bitar has always taken the time to sit and listen and ends every visit by asking if we have any other questions or concerns. He definitely makes you feel like you have his complete attention and never leave there feeling like you were rushed out.

|  Don't trust this office  |  show details
by Racheal on Jul 24th, 2013

I have been bringing my son to Dr.Bitar for a year now which needless to say I currently found a new doctor. He speaks to fast and made me feel rushed after I sat in the waiting room 45 mins after my appointment. The office girls are rude and I could clearly hear them gossiping about other patients on several occasions. I do not trust the foreign nurse what so ever with my son she was rough with my son when checking him in. I was also sad to hear the one nurse jen left. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Stay clear

|  12 years with him and counting....  |  show details
by Jen, RN on Jul 17th, 2013

I have referred many a mom to Dr. Bitar. My neice and nephew are his patients due to other docs that didn't measure up for my sister. I have 2 daughters that have seen him since birth. We moved out of the his local office area 12 years ago, shortly after my first daughter started seeing him, and because she was a difficult first baby, we continued with him even with a 40 min drive. He got us through our first year of colic, reflux, and first time mom questions, and because of that first year of his expertise we have stayed with him 12 years later. He is very knowledgeable, is always researching, always calls you back when you leave a message for him on his pager (sometimes not as quick as I like but he does), and spends the time you need to get the answers you want. The girls are comfortable with him and I was sorry to hear that his newest female physician just left when I scheduled physicals for the girls next month. She was a great addition as well, since my girls are growing up now. Consider the source of the other opinions stated and note the ones that are his LONG term patients instead. Dr. Bitar Rocks!!

|  Love Dr. Bitar  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2013

Dr. Bitar is dedicated to his patients and treats every child as if his own. He doesn't order unnecessary tests or waste your time. He doesn't over order treatments and he knows exactly what is wrong or not wrong and tells it to you straight. I love this doctor. The only one I have had consistently for 11 years with four kids and NEVER disappointed!!

|  Wrong Office  |  show details
by Not the same on Feb 5th, 2013

Don't confuse this place with shelby pediatric associates on 22 and hayes. I made that mistake and drove to the wrong place. They have nearly the same name, but Shelby Pediatric *Associates* is far and wide the best. That's where I go.

|  Very disappointed  |  show details
by Bad Experience on Feb 5th, 2013

I was very disappointed with the overall experience. The staff was impolite and impatient. And I was made to feel like a second class citizen because I have medicaid. Also, from the outside, the office looks like a 7/11 in a plaza, and after my experience there it seems like it's run like one too.

|  Stereotypical money hungry doc  |  show details
by Never Ever Again on Feb 4th, 2013

So it looks like the doc tripled booked the time slot for our appointment, because we waited a good 1 hr in the waiting room. He was in a rush through out the appt., probably in a rush to make a golf tee time. Check your bill when you leave this place, we got charged for services we never received and had to persistently call to get the issue resolved.

|  Worst doctor experience  |  show details
by Mandy on Feb 1st, 2013

So we waited for 1 hour in his office before the appointment. Then the nurse took us to our room and we waited there for a half hour. He came in and examined my son and was clearly in a rush. He was RUDE, CURT, and totally INSENSITIVE. He then dumped us off with the nurse instead of answering our questions himself.

|  patient  |  show details
May 30th, 2012

the best doctor ever

|  The best!  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2009

Dr. Bitar is very knowledgible, he takes the time to listen to your concerns and questions and answer them. from my experience, although he doesn't open after hours, yet you can leave him a MSG and he'll get to you promptly, and call in prescriptions to your pharmacy if needed. I do not mind driving almost 30 minutes to get to his office knowing the my three little ones are taken good care of.

Apr 14th, 2009

He's a great Doctor for my little daughter..I strongly recommend him

by l.ooghe on Feb 18th, 2009

I too drive apprx. a half hour to take my boys to Dr. Bitar. Simply put he's the bestPediatrician I've come to know over 20 years time, I have 4 sons 20, 19, 6 and 2I wish he was around when my older boys were young.

Feb 22nd, 2008 on yahoo.com

It's very difficult to find a Pediatrician that is good and you are comfortable with. So when you do you should keep them. Dr. Bitar and Staff are wonderful. I have 4 children and my children love them too. I drive over 30 minutes to their office, that sh

Read Full Review at yahoo.com