Neurologists
Wendover - Sedgewood
485 N Wendover Rd
Charlotte, NC 28211
704-364-4000
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

|  caregiver  |  show details
by patient on Jun 2nd, 2014

Dr, Bolouri has been my mother's doctor for many years. I appreciate him very much, since he always take the time to talk to me and my mom. Dr. Bolouri is one of the most respected physicians in town. He has helped my Mother with all the testing and more.

|  show details
May 18th, 2014

I saw this doctor twice a year for several years. He and the person answering the phone became impatient and even belligerent with me, when I called asking questions about a new medicine prescribed. No one had any time for my concerns or physical symptoms from the new medicine. I left for another practice.

|  show details
Sep 13th, 2013

He is the best doctor that has helped my mother with her devastating Alzheimer's disease.

|  The worst!!  |  show details
by Lisa T on Mar 5th, 2013

I first met Dr Bolouri in 2010 when I told my 84 yr old mother to see him. I had heard he was the BEST Alzheimer doc in Charlotte. He seemed OK, but didn't really do any testing on my mom. Put her an Aricept and we came back every few months.My mom passed away in July 2011-complications of Alzheimer"s. Fast forward to Jan 2012, my sister & I were showing signs of memory loss-she is 53, I was 45. So we both made appts with him. Same symptoms, same family history-yet he treated us so differently. On follow up visits-he would come in & say, Oh you look familiar, have I seen you before? Are you kidding me!!!! YOU are the memory doc, not me!!! Office staff messed up testing appointments & even lost files. I had CT Scans, blood work, EEG & psych testing....never called to discuss the results. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone!!! I have since found Dr. Diedrich and love her!!!

|  Terrible Bedside Manner with Caregivers  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2013

I have never been so insulted or treated so badly by a doctor when I am showing concern for my mother. He got very angry with me when I began sharing some of the symptoms of where she is at in her disease. He seemed deeply offended and told me that he was the doctor. I found it shocking that a doctor would not want to gather all the information about his patients. Can he really tell exactly what's going on from a 10 minute visit to the doctor every 3 months??!! Dr. Bolouri actually told me I could leave the room if I didn't let him do his job. It was so hurtful, unprofessional, and an indicator of a doctor who may be too big for his britches being the lead memory care doctor in this small town.

|  Doesn't Care, Doesn't Listen, Uses Assembly Line Approach  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2012

Dr. Bolouri's caring lasts for as long as you don't take up any of his time with reporting status or asking questions that require more than a one phrase answer and you don't take more than ten minutes of his time. (I don't know what they allocate, but we felt pushed out in 10 minutes or less.) Tolerates no discussion of conditions not DEFINITELY directly related to Alzheimers unless reported to him by another physician and not necessarily even that, since he seems to know nothing about what they report, even though staff say he has the records. This includes about hospitalizations, surgeries, and drugs from other doctors (nevermind about interaction, I guess.) When you report concerns, he says "I don't deal with that" if not DEFINTELY Alzheimers-related or even insists that things you tell him are not true. Brushes you off even when you tell him of Alzheimers-related things that are happening with that's "just" Alzheimers," as if irritated that you mentioned it. - and, in fact, we found later that he was dead wrong and it caused significant risk. Why would he not expect you to tell him your symptoms of the disease he is treating so that he can be aware of its progression? Especially when his first question is "how are you?" (Maybe because it takes 15 to 30 seconds longer?)Same old routine. Every single visit, first monthly and then quarterly, is exactly the same:1. Pleasantly asks, "How are you?" but doesn't listen to answer and cuts you off if you say more than a sentence or two.2. Verbally gives you the MMSE, which takes about 5 to 7 min.3. Asks if you need prescription renewal.That's it. No time is allowed for anything else, there's no deviation from the routine, he shows no interest in the person and no willingness to address anything but whether you need more pills. And he has never discussed:1. The disease itself.2. What you can expect in the future. 3. Other care options than what he recommends, which is nothing but pills and exercise.4. Where or how you can find help in understanding and coping.5. Much of anything. It seems like an assembly line to get as many patients as possible in and out as fast as possible.