Dr. Mohammad Farooque MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Jacksonville, FL

3.6

April 14th, 2016
patient
this is the wore dr. i have ever been too, he will see you for a short time and give you your last prescription never once asked how i was feeling, then n one of my visits he handed me my script and said find aother dr!!! i have no reason why? the wait tine is ridiculous and he should not be in practice!

November 24th, 2015
Thank you!
De . Farooque has been very helpful to my daughter and I. He's helped us both through so much. I recommend he and his staff again and sgain. The staff is friendly and courteous, it's always nice to go there. ..

September 7th, 2015
Rude office staff difficult to get appointment
NOT better than last staff. Difficulty to get an appointment with this new office staff. Rude with a nasty attitude toward patients.

August 22nd, 2015
Really enjoy the new staff much more professional and personable sense the previous persons have left!!

March 13th, 2015
Dr F needs new office staff who are responsible and patient with problems of those who are diagnosed with entail illness. The have no compassion. Ignore requests treat patients like drug addicts.
Staff dormant answer phone calls. Farooque does not treat he deals out pills. Never had medical discussion with him about my depression, anxiety. Was out of skit surgery and had appt with Dr F. Could not attend appt. Called staff 4 times to have medication called in due to spas in lung. Took 3 more days to have staff call me back for sleep medication. Now I cannot get the office to take my calls. They all go to voicemail.

December 1st, 2014
Build a relationship before you take off to find another doctor
Mr. Farooque has saved my life. I have been depressed for seven years. For four years I have been sober and never happy. Before that, I was addicted to Xanax and happy when I was on it, and always on it. I decided when my son was 2 years old and I went to jail because of my choices that I made being on Xanax, that I would stop drinking and using Xanax. Something in me died. I had been on opiates for 20 years. I literally died inside. I was with the same psychiatrist for 3 years. Nothing changed. I tried Dr. Farooque and began seeing his counselor , Martha Hilenbrand. With the help of her guidance, and with the Dr. continuing to see me and listen, he found the right medication for me. The last two weeks have been the best two weeks of my life. I have felt like I did when my son was born. ON top of the world. Absolutely not high. But that I sincerely care what he is doing and saying. That I REALLY want to get out of bed. I know that sometimes Dr. Farooque may sound like he may be arrogant or something, but maybe he is frustrated because he doesn't have all the answers. And he is just a human being just like all of us. One time he said something to me that kind of made my eyebrows kind of raise, but from all the comments people are saying, it sounds like you are expecting miracles from one appointment. I think that you need to build a relationship with your doctor and try a few times before you give up and take off. You might just be surprised. I was more of good friends with my last doctor and I stayed with her for 3 years and she didn't help me ever.

October 17th, 2014
Very sad office, took my daughter with autism there for anxiety issues, The Dr was not it, the staff was very un sure of when he would be in. Ended up having to walk out after 45 min as the Dr still had not shown up for he day and the staff was not informed of when he would arrive.

August 13th, 2013
Awesome.. Efficent..Knowledgable
I usually DO NOT take the time out to write a review but in this case I felt obligated to do so. The front end personnel was polite,knowledgable and efficient she scheduled a follow up prior to my initial visit. I came in filled out paperwork and was seen by Dr.Farooque within 15 mins. Once seated he asked necessary questions regarding my answers on the question are I filled out. I ask him 30 or so questions also and together chose a prescriptions that tackled ALL of my symptoms.. obviously I had done my research and pretty much knew what I DIDNT want to take.I spent approximately one hour in detail conversation and was provided with coping skills. My experience was excellent considering the circumstances. I am not sure why others felt differently but I will say be truthful with yourself, do your OWN research and then choose a doctor that will listen and knows what they are talking about.

March 18th, 2013
Don't waste your time. Keep looking
Okay. So after spending one hour filling out 12 page 300 questions questioner in the waiting area this guy did not even take 1 minute to review it before inviting my wife and I in his office. After wa sat down first thing he asked is "so how can I help you?". I lost my speech, really? What is the purpose of filing out the questioner marking all the simptomps and exlaining them if he won't evn review it to prepare for the visit with the patient (especially mental) ?! Anyways we have cake to complain about a real problem and hoping we can find help, instead we have left the office with less hope and fait than before we went in. I was telling him about the night mares and dipression episodes in my life and what issues I am was having and he was just joking with me and asking who is the president of the country we are from and other nonsense like that. Then I had asked him based on the answers in the questioner what is my diagnosis? That's when he started to be wishi washi and avoiding the straight answer giving me the reasons why he is giving me under diagnosis, supposedly to protect my future. Thanks doc we need more mentally seek people in the military. Yeah he said; "if I give diagnosis of ADHD you won't be able to serve in military. I won't trust this guy to give you accurate diagnosis. Look for another provider you just might be risking you life going to this guy.

February 12th, 2013
IMPRESSED - remember an accurate diagnosis is not easy.
I am a pain patient from a serious surgery with complications and do need meds and do not like to need to take meds or be sedated. He spent enough time with me to realize but for my unexpected surgical complications, he was kind, insightful and assisted me to the perfect therapist. Hard when further surgery will not take away the severe nerve pain, and neck/arm/back/shoulder severe pain per Mayo/UF surgeons were truthful, pain will be a part of my life and surgery could be too dangerous. I had normal life's issues, hard to carry on with continuous pain. He did not just assume diagnoses, I try to always remain positive. In my profession, I have been around a lot of psychiatrists and they just do the same thing. I am a huge sceptic, research my doctors... Pleasantly surprised as I had to get a psychiatrist fast since the new laws have made other doctors uncomfortable giving psychiatric meds. Give him a chance, he can make a very tense experience relaxing. I felt better after several assessments by him. Nice to be trusted, I wish I never had to take any medications, but they improve the quality of me and my families' lives. Very prompt response from his first employee that greets you or will assist you for your needs to insurance issues. I feel like he finally understood my frustration with my anesthesia's/pain med opinion vs his better suited, educated opinion of me. I had never taken illicit drugs in my life, where anesthesia doc thought I was addict when I stopped almost two years ago. They rx serious meds post surgery, then they lose their effect. I knew that. I am not special. But to have that in your record is strong, especially when you never change physicians, and any would rx stronger meds with my history of hard evidence of MRIs. I choose a healthily life. Read your records, you can be surprised. I let original doctor know how many companies rely on their insight. Legally, I have seen a word of drug dependent vs addict have a huge impact on another doctor's future opinion. I was thankful that he trusted what I said to him. He knows a lot re addiction. I hope our several month relationship of patient/doc remains this well. His therapist I was referred to was excellent. Electronic prescriptions save time, fair prices. Pleasantly surprised. His insight is important. It could be devastating if you have to release your records for clearances, important jobs.

November 19th, 2012
The best Doctor
Dr farooque is one of the best Doctors, he is very friendly and caring. I would strongly recommend him to everybody.

November 19th, 2012
excellent doctor
I am very lucky that I found Dr Farooque.He is very knowledegable and knows his stuff .I would strongly recommend him to my friends and family