Dr. Mohammad Kamal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

October 14th, 2015
Improved my life!!!
Dr. Kamal was the first physician to really listen to my problems with depression and anxiety. He was the first doctor to make me feel like I was a normal person, that I just like anybody else who had a medical problem. It meant so much to have someone treat you like an individual and not automatically group you with whoever else. My quality of life improved greatly. This doctor is a truly caring individual.

September 18th, 2015
Excellent MD
As the former editor of an academic journal in health care I am quite familiar with excellent health care and Dr. Kamal is excellent. He is highly gifted and skilled as well as very caring. He is also truthful and forthright - with a focus on achieving results.

September 14th, 2015
Warning
He keeps boosting up my meds even though I told him they don't work. He doesn't even listen to what you try and tell him. Seems like your in there for 5 minutes and that's it. He told me I would fine in 2 months. Well, here I am and feeling worse than what I did going in there. :(

June 17th, 2015
BEWARE
This man is a joke. 3 minutes into our first session he decided what meds to put me on, despite not having my old medical records (he refused to take them.) He told me that I have "wasted 30 years being depressed and anxious" and that I should just be grateful for what I have (being born white and in America.) He told me that I should just decide to be happy so that I don't waste the rest of my life. He didn't ask me anything about myself or my condition, he just lectured me on existentialism. He said that, in 100 years, no one will remember me, so it's pointless to worry about things. He said that once I accept that life is futile, I'll be much happier. I told him I don't care about 100 years from now, I'm just trying to get through today. He told me I was white, attractive, and in America so I should stop "complaining." I told him I'm not complaining, that I'm very grateful for the privileges I have, but that doesn't mean I can wish my depression and anxiety away. He dismissed this, told me to stop complaining again. Mind you, I barely said 5 words in the entire meeting. This man does not understand mental illness. He's one of those people who thinks you should just "snap out of it". I'm shocked that he has a career, he can't treat patients that way. I'm forced to go to him because of my insurance. But if you have any other choice, I suggest you take it. A shaman would be better than this guy.

April 10th, 2015
Never go here
worst doctor. Said he couldn't help me after two visits.

February 19th, 2015
Dr Kamal is a patient, well informed and takes time to explain, friendly.
I really like him, he took h time explaining my conditions & medication to me, I was able to getiinto office when I felt weird even when I wasn't scheduled, tried a little therapy with me,.willing to switch medication when was having chemistry reactions. However sometime there was long waiting times in waiting room.

March 25th, 2014
highly unprofessional and impersonal
My first couple of appointments with Dr. Kamal went fine. But as time went on, appointments became much less personal and more about putting me on more and more medication Despite keeping a notebook of information on me, he never remembered any information about me, and every appointment felt like a first appointment (questions like "Where do you work?", "Do you live here in Marion?", etc), only with each appointment, I felt more and more rushed through with a new/higher prescription. By my last visit, I waited about 15 minutes to be seen and was seen for 3-5 minutes tops and was on 105mg of medication daily (4 pills total) for my anxiety disorder. Around 6 months prior, on my first visit, we spoke for 15-20 minutes and I was on 20mg of medication daily (1 pill). The final straw was when my younger sister (also a former patient of his) called me crying after an appointment one day. Dr. Kamal had told her she should consider weightloss surgery to help her depression. She had started seeing him for (among other things) mental/emotional treatment for anorexia. She had only recently started gaining back some of the weight she had lost during her bout with anorexia and was in no way to a point where weightloss surgery would be required or even recommended to get her weight down, as she was only considered "overweight" by a few pounds. I can understand needing reminded now and then of where a patient works, but for a mental health professional to show such blatant disregard for his patients as to not even remember why they are seeing him is unacceptable.

December 13th, 2013
I felt very comfortable with Dr. Kamal my first two appointments, he was very nice, seemed to listen to me and care with what I had to say, and always explained what kind of medicine he was giving me. The HUGE problem I ha was with his staff. The front desk lady has always been very rude and every month that I call in to get a refil on one of my scripts it's always been a hassle and an argument with the front desk lady...my guess is that they do NOT pay attention on when medication is to be refilled and because of the offices poor care to make sure patients are being taken care of in the right way by calling in meds on the right time I am now out of one of my medications that i need and take daily and will now have to wait another week and a half to even get my script. As far as I'm concerned his staff is very careless and VERY rude. Would NOT recommend this Dr to anyone unless he fired his whole staff of snobs and hired a new staff.

April 13th, 2012
Poor bedside manner. Very defensive if you dare to question anything, as in "can you tell me why you are putting me on this medicine"?