Dr. Mohammad Rafiq MD Patient Reviews

2.7
  • 3 reviews

September 8th, 2016
Parents Beware!
I have to agree with the last post. This doctor likes to prescribe ridiculously heavy medication to young children without parents consent. Our child was on a dose that was working well for him, but for no reason at all Dr Rafiq increased his medication by doubling it without our knowledge! Only found this out when our child was discharged from the hospital! I am still "fuming" over this! Called the Doctor multiple times to try to get an answer of why he would do this. He has yet to call me back. This man could care less about your children! By the way the hospital he is associated with is Dominion Hospital.

September 7th, 2016
This person (Mohammad Rafiq) treats people without informed consent and uses heavy medication without accurate diagnosis.

November 16th, 2015
Superb Doctor
I wholeheartedly respect Dr. Rafiq. He is a professional with ethics. He cared for my daughter, assisting her in her first year of depression. As she was bouncing up and down, due to the use of recreational drugs, he was firm and insistent that she quit the outside drugs, explaining that he has been placed responsible for what goes on inside her head and body. Adding foreign items is not helping him or her. When she refused, he did the right thing by stating he could not continue treating her until she was again clean. (note: I have heard of many doctors who turn a blind eye to recreational drug use) He was further helpful (albeit unsuccessful) in steering her towards accepting psychological assistance. No one could have helped her with this....until we received a court order forcing her to give therapy a try. Without outside drugs and accepting of her therapist, whom she adores, my daughter is on the right path. I firmly respect his actions and wish there were more psychiatrists like Dr. Rafiq.