Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mohammad Akhtar
Dr. Mohammad Akhtar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Howard Beach, NY. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Akhtar is affiliated with North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr, Mercy Medical Center and Franklin Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Mohammad Akhtar has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well...
Dr. Mohammad Akhtar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Howard Beach, NY.
Dr Boyan Hadjiev
Allergy and Immunology, Internal Medicine
New York, NY
Dr. Norman Riegel
Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine
Howard Beach, NY 0.19 mi39
Dr. Brian Collet
Ophthalmology, Internal Medicine
Howard Beach, NY 0.19 mi33