Dr. Mohammad Alam MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

June 4th, 2015
I recently visited Dr Alam for my routine visit. For the last few months I had been experiencing uncomfortable symptoms (profuse sweating, heat intolerance, anxiety, grouchiness, muscle twitching, etc). Although my TSH was 0.447, which is barely out of range (0.450-4.500) , Dr Alam took into consideration the symptoms I had been experiencing and lowered my synthroid dosage, even though my GP didn't think it warranted a dosage reduction. The symptoms are slowly going away thanks to Dr Alam's willingness to not only see a lab value, but to listen to the patient. I highly recommend Dr Alam and his staff!

May 7th, 2015
Very Unhappy Patient
Do NOT recommend this doctor at all. Office staff is very unprofessional. Judy is the WORST! Very rude & lazy. Couldn't even pull a folder to check on release form. Lied to me over the phone. Had to call several times to find out results from MRI. Also, she's a MA only & is being given authority to give important tests results over the phone without considering consequences of how it could effect an individual while working especially when u work a hour and half away and have the drive home. Shame on whole office. Appropriate protocol is not followed. Wait time 1: 15 min. Transferring to different doctor ASAP. Don't waste your time!

December 4th, 2013
Long wait
Office staff very rude unplacent appointment wait time at office to be seen for 5 minutes 2 1/2 hrs be prepared to wait very long time.

October 30th, 2013
Would NOT recommend this doctor!
Unless you enjoy spending a good part of your day in a doctors office, I would not recommend Dr. Alam. My last visit, it was 52 minutes past my appointment time before I was taken back, and then I was left in the room for approx. 45 minutes before my husband and I walked out. This is not a one time thing, but pretty much every time. In the past, the front desk help is not too friendly, and they are hard to get ahold of at times. Prepare to spend time on hold. I do not like to be unkind, but I seriously would consider another doctor. To me, it is very rude and insensitive to make patients wait that long. And to put the icing on the cake, when the doctor does make it to the room, you don't get much time spent with you.

August 16th, 2012
Too busy!
I believe this doctor could be a good one because I know some of his patients who love him and have had him as a doctor for awhile, but from my experience with him, I wouldn't know he cared at all. He doesn't spend any time with me, doesn't listen to my concerns, and is just too busy for the patient he's supposed to be seeing at the time. He actually walked out of the room less than a minute after entering, without excusing himself, to take a phone call. That after waiting for a very long time to see him, and I was feeling very ill. It was maddening!!!! He likes to talk a lot more than he likes to listen. I've seen him 3 times and each experience was this way. This doctor needs to cut his patient load down so he can take good care of the patients he does have.

October 9th, 2011
very annoyed
I called and made an appointment for my son who was four at the time of the appointment. The person scheduling knew his age because they took all of h ...

July 25th, 2011
Dr. Alam review
I waited for two and half hours before being called into the room. I stood up while so other people older than I could sit in the waiting room. They ...

October 28th, 2008
Recommended
Dr. Alam has been an excellent doctor. Not only did he discover my gestional diabetes earlier than the OB would have, but he is interested in not just treating my endocrine issues (which there are several) but in making me feel better and improving my quality of life. It has been nice to finally find a doctor cares about how I feel, not just if I am healthy.

February 25th, 2017